RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 10:15:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Last Remnant 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Last Remnant  (Read 3266 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 06:54:03 PM »

Valkyria Chronicles almost has me interested.

I really wanted to like this game but the pace of the combat is way too slow for me.

Guess it's not first person enough. Valkyria Chronicles made my top 10 for the year list.
Someone's bitter about Fallout 3....

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 09:50:16 AM »

I was thinking the same thing. Tongue
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

Valkyria Chronicles almost has me interested.

I really wanted to like this game but the pace of the combat is way too slow for me.

Guess it's not first person enough. Valkyria Chronicles made my top 10 for the year list.

Someone missed the entire point of the post and is JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS when Fallout was never even mentioned by me. Good work, anything else you wanna stereotype while you're at it?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:59:45 PM by Wolfman Walt » Logged

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »

I was joking.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »

I was joking.
For the record: me too. (hence the "Tongue")
Darth Sidious
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »

I highly doubt "The Last Remnant" really is as mediocre as reviewers make it seem to be. If the glitches, bugs and other technical issues are their main gripe, then I don't really understand how The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion was able to receive stellar scores, despite its abounding issues (after all, combat, design and storyline seem to be quite aboverage in TLR).
Nevertheless, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey and maybe even Blue Dragon seem to be superior as far as JRPGs, as well as the upcoming Star Ocean 4. In any case, Microsoft's machine is offering the best JRPGs of this gen so far, with both the Wii and the PS3 falling behind in terms of quality and quantity. Quite a surprise, seeing as how the first Box had virtually no JRPG in its library at all (except for maybe the Japan-only Shin Megami Tensei NINE...or the JRPG wanna-be Sudeki).
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »

Very well said, Darth Sidious.

I personally don't have high hopes for the Wii to become a JRPG heaven. (Dragon Quest 10 will be on the Wii, though...)
For Sony's sake, I hope that they get some good RPG's out on the PS3 soon, because the RPG fans who are still deciding when to jump in won't wait much longer...(and will choose for the 360 if you compare the consoles at this moment)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »

I watched my brother play this game over the weekend. I haven't been into RPG's for some time but this game may be the jewel I've been looking for.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length