RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 11:31:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Castlevania Judgement 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Castlevania Judgement  (Read 1276 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« on: November 23, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »

I know a lot of people will hate it, but to me it seems like a Castlevaniarized version of Toshinden. To me not a bad thing and I would get it if I had a Wii. It is good to have fighting games that aren't long running sequelthlons.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:58:15 PM by Cobra » Logged

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:43:18 AM »

I'm a Castlevania fan and a fighting game fan, and I'm even scared to pick this up.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 12:54:59 AM »

Okay, I'll be honest, it is also morbid curiosity that has my interest.

I like it for simply being a fighting game though and if the Wii were to receive at least two more exclusive fighting games, lets say Toshinden & Fighting Vipers sometime next year I may actually buy one.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:46:27 AM »

I'm excited for it. I haven't played a Castlevania yet that I havent liked, although if any of them comes close it would be either Castlevania 2 or Castlevania Adventure. I preodered it a month ago so hopefully it will come today.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »

Let me know what you think of it Silent Scythe. Oddly enough this game has me wanting a Wii the most I have since No More Heroes was 1st show here on RF Gen.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »

If you whip with the Wii mote I want it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »

Got it this afternoon and played for about 2 hours. Controls are pretty simplistic. I managed to beat it with Alucard, Simon and Sypha. Right away you can tell theres imbalance between characters. Story mode was a breeze with Simon and Alucard, damage your opponent a bit, dodge around him and finish him with a big flashy move. Syphas moves barely reach out in front of her and a few of her spells disappear when shes hit any projectile. The game play in general is pretty fast and can get a little confusing when various hazards on the battlefield start knocking you around. I'm not too crazy about the new style, I'm much more fond of Ayami Kojima's work. Using Sypha for an example again, she looks pretty normal except it looks like someone grabbed a lock of hair on the left side of her head, brought it across her face to her right side and glued it there. I haven't tried the Wii-mote with it yet, I just used the GC controller. Music is nothing new, just remixes of our old favorites. One of the only other gripes I have are that there are only 16 characters. I mean they could of thrown a few more Belmonts in there. I thought it was cool the put Eric in there but why did they revert him to a 11 year old boy? Thats all I can say for now, I'll play some more after work tomorrow morning and post some more.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 07:57:58 PM »

The fact you can use the control instead of the Wii-mote definitely is a winner with me. I may get a Wii and some classic controllers at some point and will have to pick this up. It sucks that Epic are such arses when it comes to the Wii so are holding back development of a Wii version of MK vs DC by not porting their engine over.

How would you compare the game to say, Toshinden?

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »

I couldn't compare them, sadly I've never played Toshiden.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length