RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 04:27:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | In hard times: What would you do? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: "In the Wild" vs Retail price games
Rather spend it on Retail
Rather spend it in the wild
I would still do both the same
Cut back on both for awhile.

Author Topic: In hard times: What would you do?  (Read 2211 times)
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »

I'm being dead serious. My brother-in-law just bought a practically new LCD tv from a dude with a new habbit. The tv was barely used, in perfect condition. 15" that retails for around $250 for $80. He probably could have talked the guy down to $50. Right after Christmas is the best time. The younger crackheads from rich neighborhoods bring in the newest consoles and games.

I don't have a problem buying from them either. If they want to trade nice gifts in for crack money so much better for me. They'll kill themselves and rid the world of one more addict. I get the stuff I want at a price I can afford. Everyone wins.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »

I don't have a problem buying from them either. If they want to trade nice gifts in for crack money so much better for me. They'll kill themselves and rid the world of one more addict. I get the stuff I want at a price I can afford. Everyone wins.

You are instantly and permanently my favorite person.

I need to start hanging around crackheads I guess.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »

Haha nice...lol

cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »

gotta love 'em...I bought a running old ford ranger off of one for $150 last year (with title!!) fixed it up some and sold it for $400 a month later.. Its better than them robbing somebody Grin

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »

I picked up a second job to support my spending habits and still save money at the same time, although I still shop almost exclusive at the pawn shop here in town, which supports my PS2 collection amply for bargain prices.  It makes for some some long weeks working 60+ hours, but after recently becoming single again, it has allowed me buy some really nice stuff (gaming and nongaming included), and let's be honest got me out of the house instead of playing videogames for extended periods of time.  I actually enjoy playing my games again, because time is limited.

And I just want to start the next comment saying that I take absolutely no offense to any of the above posts and I realize some of you are being slightly facetious, but I'm a recovering drug addict.  I cleaned up about three years ago (and joined this site shortly afterward), as I found my passion for videogames was a great way to channel negative emotions and energy into something nondestructive (well for the real world at least, I still cause plently of havoc in the digital world, like most recently decapitating hundreds in Fallout 3).  I guess my point is everyone deserves a second chance no matter how stupid they are being in the present.  But as long as they are being stupid, you might as well buy up all you can for pennies of what they are actually worth.

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »

Well, good for you shoes. Recovering addicts in my city are a very small minority. Hobbies are good and games are surely a much heathier addiction! Stick with the games.

Pawns here suck royally. They tend to go with Evilbay-ish pricing for games. Which really sucks since my neighborhood (see ghetto) is full of pawn shops. Value Villiage (thrift store) is great though! Mostly for classic computers. Not so much games. People clean em out pretty quick. The one store here that was worth a damn went out of business last week. Really sucks because I missed the closing sale. Dude was selling rare NES titles for rock bottom prices before. I'd hate to see what he ended up marking them down to.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »

When I used to work downtown a guy (im assuming drug addicted) used to come by a couple times a week with a duffle bag full of games for sale. Im pretty sure he stole them from pawn/thrift stores and garage sales, but I got some good deals like Secret of Mana for $2.

Most of the pawn shops in my area have decent pricing for most things. However there is one guy who is all over the place. I grabbed a bunch of games and brought them up to him which happened to be Final Fantasy Tactics (CIB), Resident Evil 4 (NGC), Legend of Legaia (CIB), Contra (Cart only) and Ghosts n' Goblins (cart only). He wanted $15 for the NES carts, $15 for Resident Evil 4, $10 for Legend of Legaia and $5 for Final Fantasy. When I showed him Legaia was only 1 disc he dropped the price to $5 but wouldnt budge on the others so I only ended up getting the two PSone games. most of his NES carts he sells for $5 or less. and none of his Gamecube games have been over $10 before. I dunno where he gets his prices.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length