RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 12:12:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii Music 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Wii Music  (Read 3908 times)
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »

Whenever someone mentions Wii Music, I think of Sarcastic Gamer's Twisted Trailer for it.
That was pretty good, but I liked the Wii Fit one more.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »

I really had no desire for this game before I watched the trailer.  But now I can't wait to play it. It looks really cool and could provide hours and hours of fun.

Of course I'm just BS'n.
I was like "Huh?!?" until I read that line. Tongue
jackttt
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 07:21:52 AM »

I like rock band or guitar hero more.But this is a kid's game rite?No doubt it wont rock so much.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »

Wii Sports and Fit are both pretty cool.

Wii Play was worth it for the Wiimote packaged with it.
Wii Music looks like a steaming pile of... poop.

ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »

My 11-year-old daughter got the game for Christmas and loves it. I have no interest in playing it, though.

Darth Sidious
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »

To make matters worse, that "game" was one of the few "blockbusters" (ahem...) Nintendo had to offer in 2008 besides Mario Kart Wii and Smash Bros. Quite depressing if you ask me, especially when you consider that Nintendo did not even bother to at least act as a decent publisher, seeing as how they obviously didn't have a lot to do in terms of programming. I mean, why on earth didn't they even attempt to bring some Japanese inhouse productions to western shores, such as the DS installment of Heracles or Soma Bringer?
That's why I am beginning to hate Nintendo. They act as if they are still hardcore and care about their fans (yeah, right...), and yet they don't have the courage to localize smaller gems fans are really craving...anyone remember the Mother 3 disaster?

Only the DS is still connecting me to Nintendo...even though at the moment, most "must-play" DS games are not even by Nintendo, rather by Square (The World Ends With You, the Dragon quest remakes), Konami (Castlevania series, Contra 4), Capcom (Phoenix Wright series) or smaller developers and publishers like Atlus and Nippon Ichi.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »

One of these days I'll get a DS. Cool

Darth Sidious
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »

@Phoenix
Consider yourself lucky, then. ^^ After all, the current situation of the handheld market is quite a pleasant surprise for us gamers. Has there ever been a time when two handheld consoles were offering such stellar games as the DS and PSP at the moment? Sure, the Game Gear, NeoGeo Pocket and WonderSwan were far from being bad machines, but they were all overshadowed by Nintendo.
To me, both the DS and the PSP are far more interesting than any of the current gen consoles (except for maybe the 360), mainly due to the fact that both handhelds offer a great library of old school, "hardcore" games (i.e. Contra 4, Castlevania, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, Gradius Collection, Metal Slug 7/Anthology, Star Ocean 1 and 2...fans of classic gaming would most likely rejoice).

Now compare that to the Wii and the dirt Nintendo is churning out at the moment...looks like Nintendo has moved on to their new target audience - casual gamers - while us long-time fans remain forgotten by one of our favorite companies. Games like Wii Muisc proof for this sad development imo, especially when you take into consideration that those Wii-whatever titles are the sole new IPs Nintendo has come up with so far during this gen. Where has all the positive creativity gone?
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 10:06:12 PM »

I keep forgetting the PSP is even still around until people mention it to be honest. I guess it is a lot more successful outside of Oceania.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »

I keep forgetting the PSP is even still around until people mention it to be honest. I guess it is a lot more successful outside of Oceania.

I still don't even think about it.  There really aren't enough games (that aren't PS2 ports already) that interest me enough.  There really isn't a whole lot o' games that I want for it either (even though I still want a PSP Tongue)
itatton
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »

I might be missing some, but I can only come up with 6 casual titles that Nintendo released since the Wii has come out (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Big Brain Academy, Link's Crossbow Training, Wii Fit, and Wii Music).  I don't get how their focus is strictly on casual gamers when less than 1/3 of their games are geared for that market.  Don't get me wrong, I want to see some new IP from Nintendo, see them update some of their better franchises, or see more Japanese only games come stateside.  At the same time though, I don't see them steering too far away from their niche audience.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 08:23:01 AM »

@itatton: I think they mean that there's more Shovelware on the Wii than on any other system.
modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »

I don't know what was so bad about the BK games.  I loved Big Bumpin' and Pocket Bike Racer.  Sneak King got boring after awhile but was ok.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length