RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 02:29:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii Music 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wii Music  (Read 3928 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »

Normally I wouldn't go around and spam the Video Game Generation with topics about bad games but this one truly calls for it...

Wii Music

How does Nintendo even has the guts to put this on the shelves?!? Seriously, is this the same company responsible for Super Mario Galaxy?

I wonder what the budget for this game was...$10k or something Huh Isn't Nintendo making enough money to atleast put out some decent games instead of this Wii Sports/Fit/Music crap? I mean, come on, even the most casual of casual gamers will think this is worthless.

Watch the review to see what I mean...it's pretty unbelievable.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42242.html
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »

And to think I used to respect Nintendo's moves...Sad.  99% of the games the did had some sort of a polish to them that made them say "Nintendo", and sadly, I think that the massive money made from Wii is clouding their judgment now.
Tan
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »

How does Nintendo even has the guts to put this on the shelves?!? Seriously, is this the same company responsible for Super Mario Galaxy?

Because they are trying so hard to be different that they, in some ways, have forgotten who they are and how they got here.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:49:46 PM by Tan » Logged
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »

Better song selection, not having the ability to grade yourself (what were they thinking?!) and not getting forced to record a video then watch it, and it could have been alright. I am glad they did try something a little different apposed to making a Guitar Hero / Rockband clone.

With all of that said, get Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. A lot more fun, and also has your Guitar Hero / Rockband mini game.

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:56:49 PM »

They got a banjo, so it cant be too bad.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:04:50 PM »

Hold your horses...

Wii Sports is fantastic. Sure it's simplistic beyond all belief, but it's a pack in game that has as a ton of lasting value (imo..). It's funny, companies strive to recreate it but fail miserably even though the game is really just a tech demo.

And on a side note...

Mario Super Sluggers is some of the most fun I've had playing the Wii. I know it technically isn't one of the best games on the system but I love it's simplicity, the ability to pick players, and you know... use of the wiimote. I guess what I'm trying to say is a lot of the Wii's games are super fun even if they don't get the best reviews. However there is no way in hell I'd touch Wii Music.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »

Better song selection, not having the ability to grade yourself (what were they thinking?!) and not getting forced to record a video then watch it, and it could have been alright.
You could add "making better use of Wii's controller" to that list. Wink
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »

Whenever someone mentions Wii Music, I think of Sarcastic Gamer's Twisted Trailer for it.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 10:59:21 AM »

Lol ^ Cheesy

I just listened to one of the Sarcastic Gamer's podcasts too, it's cool.
NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 12:43:58 PM »

The game just doenst look that fun to me.

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »

Gaii

When shall his new form be revealed?
itatton
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 10:07:15 PM »

I think people give this game an unnecessarily hard time.  It has more than it's share of flaws, but it also caters to it's market.  Nintendo is working hard to reach out to the casual gamers with the Wii and in doing so will need to continue to release casual games.  I think it's hard for a lot of people as gamers to be able to see how a game that isn't marketed for them still has a market and could still be hitting it's market's target.  For example, my friend's daughter is about to turn one and she has a small electronic toy guitar.  The guitar has a couple electronic riffs that it plays when you press one of it's three buttons.  My friend was joking about how he was going to make a review of Wii Music and claim that his toy guitar was better than Wii Music.  I asked him if his daughter had fun playing with it and he said that she has a blast playing it.  I told him that he should take it away from her and tell her that she can enjoy playing music when she can handle a Rock Band guitar.  Obviously he gave me a pretty sour look because it was a stupid comment, but it's a similar concept to the collective reaction to Wii Music.  Those of us who really enjoy music games and wail on a Rock Band guitar, a set of Dreamcast Maracas, or a Pop'n Music controller and never play Wii Music unless it's thrust into our hands by a friend or loved one.  At the same time though, there are people out there like children or seniors in nursing homes or handicapped people who may not be able to keep up with a controller with 9 buttons or a whammy bar but are enjoying a similar music playing experience.

As far as the gametrailers.com review, I thought they were pretty fair with it.  They did a good job pointing out it's good and bad points.  It's a great concept, but it really needed some extra modes, a simple game engine (ala Daigasso Band Bros), or a means of composing multi-tracked songs with the different instruments to give it some substance.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 10:16:06 PM »

I think people give this game an unnecessarily hard time.  It has more than it's share of flaws, but it also caters to it's market.  Nintendo is working hard to reach out to the casual gamers with the Wii and in doing so will need to continue to release casual games.  I think it's hard for a lot of people as gamers to be able to see how a game that isn't marketed for them still has a market and could still be hitting it's market's target.  For example, my friend's daughter is about to turn one and she has a small electronic toy guitar.  The guitar has a couple electronic riffs that it plays when you press one of it's three buttons.  My friend was joking about how he was going to make a review of Wii Music and claim that his toy guitar was better than Wii Music.  I asked him if his daughter had fun playing with it and he said that she has a blast playing it.  I told him that he should take it away from her and tell her that she can enjoy playing music when she can handle a Rock Band guitar.  Obviously he gave me a pretty sour look because it was a stupid comment, but it's a similar concept to the collective reaction to Wii Music.  Those of us who really enjoy music games and wail on a Rock Band guitar, a set of Dreamcast Maracas, or a Pop'n Music controller and never play Wii Music unless it's thrust into our hands by a friend or loved one.  At the same time though, there are people out there like children or seniors in nursing homes or handicapped people who may not be able to keep up with a controller with 9 buttons or a whammy bar but are enjoying a similar music playing experience.

As far as the gametrailers.com review, I thought they were pretty fair with it.  They did a good job pointing out it's good and bad points.  It's a great concept, but it really needed some extra modes, a simple game engine (ala Daigasso Band Bros), or a means of composing multi-tracked songs with the different instruments to give it some substance.

Agreed. Nice points too. :thumbsup:

Tell me about your variants...
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »

I really had no desire for this game before I watched the trailer.  But now I can't wait to play it. It looks really cool and could provide hours and hours of fun.

Of course I'm just BS'n.   This game looks worse than I ever could have imagined.  There is noooooo way I could buy this game now.  I mean "Twinkle Twinkle Litttle star" COME ON. What were they thinking.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »

XD

Tell me about your variants...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length