RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 07:18:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Farcry II 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Farcry II  (Read 2172 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:01:44 PM »

Just played for about twenty minutes. First impression is good, looks like a neat game, but I don't see any correlation with the first game. It's a different setting, there's a bunch of different characters to play as, and I can't see any mutant monkeys showing up.

Anyone else played yet?

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:43:57 PM »

Not yet.

And even though it's been getting good reviews, I'm not going to pick this one up for a long time because they took out split-screen multiplayer.

What's the point of having an awesome map editor if you can't share it in offline games with friends?

The last versions of Far Cry ONLINE got bogged down because EVERYONE wants to have their map be played. So every time you go online you have to download another...and another...no matter how crappy they may be.

Having split screen omitted from Far Cry 2 is very disappointing.  grrr evilsad Sad Angry

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »

I haven't played it but a friend from college did and said he was really impressed with it.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:06:25 PM »

I've played it for afew hours. I have plenty of complaints, but it's certaintly not a terrible game.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:00:17 AM »

Eh, I don't see myself finishing it. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed what with the repetition and little reward for my wasted time.

Also, although the fire aspect is cool, I thought it was going to be much more destructive. I mean, it's got less destructible environment than Crysis and they were advertising it for destructible environments.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:46:24 AM by The Maligned Leon » Logged

Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »

So, after my initial dissapointing run through, I gave the game a second chance and have come up with much better results. There's still plenty to complain about and yea, saying it's abit repetetive is a perfectly valid complaint that I understand. Luckily, I'm the sort of person who finds Dynasty Warriors to be atleast somewhat engrossing, so repetition (provided it's fun) isn't so bad in my book.

Ofcourse...it wouldn't be fun to spoil my complaints right now, would it? I'll say if you're interested, check it out instead of buying because it's different enough from most console FPS' to maybe put some people off.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »

Isn't it basically like a GTA-type FPS game which has some more freedom to do stuff than the average FPS?
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 08:48:22 PM »

That's not too far off of a description.

Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 09:43:34 PM »

I had no interest in this game until I heard it compared favorably to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and I was a huge fan of that game, despite its flaws. I'm getting this from Gamefly next, and can't wait to try it out.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »

The only thing it has over STALKER is vehicles. STALKER does everything else better.

I find it interesting that over half of my enemies are white. Guess this is how Ubi decided to deal with any racial problems. WHITE MERCENARIES! Wonder if this will be similar in RE5.

Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 04:21:40 AM »

All the preview videos for RE5 recently seemed to have more white/ok to kill people.

I did notice that, but I think they basically tried to pull one over by saying that during the war alot of PMCs were hired and then left without work when the government fell or something. I dunno, the storyline isn't exactly clear on much and from I heard, the ending only makes things weirder.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »

I find it interesting that over half of my enemies are white. Guess this is how Ubi decided to deal with any racial problems. WHITE MERCENARIES! Wonder if this will be similar in RE5.
In these political correct times you'd have to be mad as a publisher to bring out a game with even the slightest hint towards racism of any kind. Roll Eyes Undecided

Quite sad that Ubi would rather make Africa look unrealistic by having tons of white people there than black people. But hey, it's perfectly fine to shoot a white guy; just don't dare shooting a black one because that's racism in its worst form. Wink
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 09:20:14 PM »

apparently Farcry 2 arrived in the mail yesterday, but I didn't check the mail until today. I'm really enjoying it so far, it feels like STALKER with a lot of polish.

STALKER does a lot of things no other game does, but I'm really having fun with Farcry 2. I'm about 2 hours in.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »

I just want to go prone and lean around corners. Tongue

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 11:51:02 PM »

After seeing the review of this on Good Game
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/...20081027_2100&story=7

I have to say I am kinda interested. Not something I would buy, but looks fun to rent.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length