RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 08:23:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What is your absolute #1 Favorite game out of your enitre collection? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What is your absolute #1 Favorite game out of your enitre collection?  (Read 4790 times)
modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »

Dead Rising. I absolutly love this game.  The first time I rented it, I didn't really like it due to me not saving much and the convicts.  But another day I was at Blockbuster, I saw it again.  I wanted Gears of War, but they didn't have it.  So I looked around some more and I got Dead Rising a second time for some reason.  This time I got into it alittle more.  By the end of the week I had it I was addicted, so I rented it a third time before finally buying it.  So that left me at $27 worth of renting for a $26 game (at the time.)  I know renting is pretty much just a waste of money, but I would have never bought this game, if I haven't rented it that second time.  Now I have put countless hours into it, but I still don't have the 5 or 7 day survivor.  (Maybe during Thanksgiving vacation???)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 03:45:15 PM »

GL with that! Cool I'm going to have to get back into DR when I'm finished with Fable II.

As far as my absolute #1 favorite in my collection...for now...probably Mass Effect. I still have a lot of achievements to get yet, and that can only come with multiple playthroughs. And I still haven't done the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC.

It's definitely a game with flaws, but is still excellent in its own right.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »

It has to be Shining Force 2.

Tan
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 09:13:25 PM »

^Not Oblivion?

Oblivion blows compared to Morrowind.

Morrowind is much larger in scope and variety in just about every way. Combine that with the 2 expansions that the GOTY Edition has which are almost full games and very different in their own right. Oblivion is just Generic Cave A and Ancient Ruin B scattered over a largely rolling landscape with little environmental variety. Fun but definitely a step down from Morrowind.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »

^Not Oblivion?
Oblivion blows compared to Morrowind.
What's funny about that is I used to think Morrowind was pretty cruddy compared to Daggerfall or Arena. Oblivion's crappyness level changed my mind, Morrowind is like some sort of Godly Roleplaying Simulator.

I have my fingers crossed that Jagged Alliance DS is somewhat of a good game
I have it preordered and have high hopes too.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:11:39 PM by Wolfman Walt » Logged

NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 01:50:19 AM »

For me, gotta be Mortal Kombat II on the SNES.

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 06:32:38 AM »

I might be able to do a top 3, per system, per genre... >_> I'll have to come back when I'm more awake and I might be able to pull something together. But a #1? There's no way I could narrow it down.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 10:52:52 AM »

How do you pick one out of 1500?

I guess i will go with Super Mario Bros 3
 for NES. MY copy is complete and pretty much mint, and its the same copy that I bought back when it came out. And I have to at least beat that game 50 times. Although I suppose some of those times may have been on Super Mario All Stars.

Close second is Legend of Zelda for NES. Complete and near mint

Running out of games to buy.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »

if i got to pick one i will have to go with metroid on the nes..

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 09:37:03 PM »

Sonic 2, all though I have never technically beaten it....  speechless speechless speechless speechless speechless speechless Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool

Tell me about your variants...
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 12:19:23 AM »

Sonic 2, all though I have never technically beaten it....  speechless speechless speechless speechless speechless speechless Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool

Blasphemy. I order you to beat it this weekend.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »

Sonic 2, all though I have never technically beaten it.... 
You know, saying you haven't beaten your favorite game of all-time is really a crime! Wink
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 12:35:19 AM »

Chrono Trigger

Back around 1997 or so, I stumbled upon emulation, which gave me the opportunity to see all those games that I had only read the titles of in Nintendo Power. I thought that Chrono Trigger was a funny name, so I think I looked it up first. After I started playing, I realized what a truly amazing game could be (pretty much killing my interest in emulation, and sparking my interest in collecting more rare, desirable games). I looked as hard as a 9-year-old could to find a copy, but I never even saw a cartridge until I was about 12. Even back then, CT went for $60 easily on eBay, so I was AMAZED to find a copy for $35 at a small game shop (that place didn't last very long... >_<).

I've never found another game that so successfully captured the tone that Chrono Trigger had. It's the epitome of classic console RPGs, but it's also incredibly unique. Every aspect of the game just works. Great art, great story, and amazing music.

Chrono Cross did the same thing on PSX, and Radical Dreamers is an AMAZING game in its own right, but CT was perfect. I can't wait to pick up the DS release and experience it all over again.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 05:51:31 AM »

Chrono Trigger
What was Square thinking, not releasing their best RPG ever in Europe... Sad
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 07:44:28 AM »

Well, they get the DS release. Go preorder it. Now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length