RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 08:17:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What is your absolute #1 Favorite game out of your enitre collection? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: What is your absolute #1 Favorite game out of your enitre collection?  (Read 4781 times)
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: October 22, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »

No matter how long or how many times i beat it i still comeback to play and love this game. A year or two can pass and i still can say that this is my absolute all time fav that i still own.

What is it you might say?

Front Mission 3 PSone.....over 300 hrs i have logged into this awesome RPG/Mech game. This is the game that got me into RPGs in the 1st place.

What is yours? post and make comments here.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »

I'm going to go with Secret of Mana.  This game draws me in everytime. 

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »

Probably Symphony of the Night.

When shall his new form be revealed?
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:55:29 PM »

Mine is definately Fire Emblem for the GBA.  I've beaten the game countless times (though never on Hector Hard Mode), and poured hundreds of hours into it.  I remember one time when I borrowed my brothers SP (I still had an Advance from launch) and played from like 10 at night until about 6:30 the next morning.  The best part was that I slept for half an hour, then went to school Grin.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »

Super Metroid
then Super Mario Brothers 3 (allstars version)
then Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »

Final Fantasy 9, probably largely due to the fact it was the first serious RPG I played. Somehow, nothing has ever managed to beat that experience. But Metal Gear Solid 3 comes in a close second.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »

Snatcher
I probably will never play it again as I played it to death for years, probably beating it around 20 times. But It'll always be king.

shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »

Shadowrun Genesis.  I've played this game for FAR too long, having done everything you can possibly do hundreds of times over.  GREATEST GAME EVER!

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »

For consoles? Godhand.
PC? Probably Fallout 1/2 though Baldurs Gate 2 and Jagged Alliance come close.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »

Final Fantasy 9, probably largely due to the fact it was the first serious RPG I played. Somehow, nothing has ever managed to beat that experience. But Metal Gear Solid 3 comes in a close second.

Since he asked me to pick one game I would have to agree with Sirgin. There are only 3 RPGs I've felt the need to play through multiple times and this is the one i've spent the most time on. Two of the most memorable characters in my gaming career (if only I got paid to game) are from this game and I still love playing it and discussing it.

If I had to pick a series though it would hands down be Mega Man. I've played 2,3 and X- X3 a ton more than i've played any other game ever.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Tan
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 11:16:02 PM »

For consoles? Godhand.
PC? Probably Fallout 1/2 though Baldurs Gate 2 and Jagged Alliance come close.

I have my fingers crossed that Jagged Alliance DS is somewhat of a good game. I love the series and to have a portable version of it would be marvelous. Smiley

As for my favorite game in my collection, it would have to be Morrowind GOTY Edition. Reason being it has so much replay value one can play it for years and then go back and have completely different characters and go through the game again and again.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 09:03:56 AM »

^Not Oblivion?

ga5ket
DB Editor
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 10:41:49 AM »

Ikaruga on the Game Cube. If I had the Dreamcast version it'd be that for sure, cos I'm a Sega whore, but for now it's the GC version. I love shmups anyway, but the graphics and music just do it for me on that one,
I wouldn't consider myself any kind of expert at it, certainly nowhere near the level of the pros, but then again I do have a life Smiley

EDITed a stupid spelling mistake. d'oh!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:03:03 PM by ga5ket » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 11:15:14 AM »

^Not Oblivion?

Oblivion blows compared to Morrowind.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 02:37:53 PM »

Since he asked me to pick one game I would have to agree with Sirgin. There are only 3 RPGs I've felt the need to play through multiple times and this is the one i've spent the most time on. Two of the most memorable characters in my gaming career (if only I got paid to game) are from this game and I still love playing it and discussing it.
It's awesome, isn't it?

Sadly enough, not that many people seem to think the same. Sad
Most people are either not a fan of the FF series or will either say #6 or #7 is their favorite. You almost never hear someone say #9 was their favorite, let alone favorite game of all time.

Ah, who cares...we know better don't we? Wink

Also:
Quote from: FF9's wiki page
Final Fantasy IX is also considered by Sakaguchi to be his favorite game as "it's closest to [his] ideal view of what Final Fantasy should be".
Sakaguchi himself thinks FF9 is the best, how cool is that. Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length