RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:37:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The random game game 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The random game game  (Read 9913 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 09:17:53 AM »

I got Doom for the SNES today. I got this in a lot at a garage sale for $20 on 6/3/07. I played it a little when I got it, but haven't played it since, but I really should.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »

Here's mine:

What game did you get (and what system)? Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GC)
When did you buy that game? Last year during the Christmas season
Why did you buy that game? It was on clearance
When was the last time you played it? Never, its still sealed  Tongue
Any thoughts on that game? Nope, haven't played it

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 05:15:44 PM »

Age of Empires II

I don't remember anymore when I got this game, but I'm sure it was before 2000; I remember getting the game soon after its release. Back when I was little I wasn't allowed to have a console so I had to play PC games, I used to be very fond of RTS games back then (and still am, in a way)

Last time I've played this game must be atleast 6-7 years ago.
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »

Xbox 360 : Perfect Dark Zero : Collectors Edition
Picked this up when I bought my 360, about 4 or 5 months after the 360's launch. The 360 library was pretty barren at that point, and I had played this before and knew it was pretty bad, but it beat out Call of Duty 2 because it had same system cooperative play through the campaign mode, and it had AI for the competitive multiplayer, which supported 4 player splitscreen. I last played it probably a year ago, I boot it up periodically because I want to like it, but it's so crappy.

Atari Lynx : California Games. I have 4 copies of this game, and I think they are all different variations. I got 3 of them in a craigslist purchase earlier this year, when I bought something like 26 Lynx games at once (before I had a Lynx). I got the 4th when I bought a Lynx off of Craigslist a few months after that. It's OK, but the Lynx was mainly bought for collection purposes, not gameplay. The hardware is giant, crappy, and the PSP and DS are the definitive handhelds right now.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 10:37:25 PM »

10-22-08

What game did you get (and what system)? Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
When did you buy that game? Last summer?
Why did you buy that game? I hoard Final Fantasy games like it's my job.
When was the last time you played it? Several months, I'm stuck on a boss battle.
Any thoughts on that game? Very good battle system, interesting take on RTS.

Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 09:17:53 PM »

today it's The Eye of Judgement for PS3. I picked this up as soon as a store in the area got it last year. Even at $70 it was a great price for all the crap you got, a starter deck of a CCG, a camera, a PS3 game. The game itself is decent, but the cards are too expensive, and it's a pain in the ass to setup. I use the camera all the time, though. All the crazy little $2 pieces of software Sony keeps putting up on the PS3 are just lots of fun.

I also go Midway Arcade Treasures for Xbox. I picked this up a few years ago, right around when Arcade Treasures 2 was going to come out. It's a pretty nifty collection, although the frontend is pretty crappy. Also, this game convinced me there is a conspiracy with backwards compatibility. This was released at $20, with something like 15 games. The 360 then came out... and this game has never been made backwards compatible, but a lot of the games in this collection are for sale on Live Arcade, at $5 each, which is a total ripoff.
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »

I got Mind Challengers for the TI-99/4A. I must have gotten it when I bought the system a couple years ago, as I don't recall ever buying any times being a single game for the system. I've never played it though, probably never will either, I just have virtually zero interest in playing games this old.

NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 04:30:56 PM »

First time I did it today I got the switchbox for an Atari but that's no fun, so I did it again.
I got Space Ace for the SNES the second time. I got the game in a lot on 6/30/07 for $20. I've never played the game. The scan for the game doesn't even look familiar to me, I must have got this one and put it on the shelf without a thought.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 09:29:14 PM »

10-26-08

Silent Hill 3

I think I got this a few months after it came out because I'm a fan of the series. The last time I played it was several years ago. I thought the story was cool, although not as good as 2. As far as I'm concerned, nothing will ever beat 2.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »

Got Doom for the Saturn.

I don't have this game but I do have the manual which I found inside the box of another game (of which I obviously don't have the manual)

Kind of stupid though. Sad
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 06:51:48 PM »

Some of you guys might want to think about creating subfolders for things like hardware and stuff.

today's games:
Virtual Boy : Golf. Got this when they were clearing out games for the VB a few months after the VB's launch. I last played it a few years ago, it was a generic, OK Golf game on a bad system.

Nintendo NES : Commando. Got this when I bought the NES from a coworker a few years back. Have never played this copy of the game before, but I did play it a few years back when we were going through random NES games.
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 06:52:59 PM »

Today's game was Freeway for the VCS. I don't remember where or when I got this one, but it was likely from a lot of other games and a system sometime in 2007. I've never played it, so I have no comments on it.
Some of you guys might want to think about creating subfolders for things like hardware and stuff.
I tried that for a while, but it just got too messy to keep it all updated.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:55:12 PM by NES_Rules » Logged

Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »

Super Mario Bros. the Lost Levels on Virtual Console was picked today.

I do believe this was the first thing I bought on the Wii Shop, as I wanted to see how Virtual Console was.  I enjoyed the upped difficulty to an extent, though in later levels I just started getting annoyed.  Haven't played this specific version in a while, but that's actually because I discovered I could run it on a NES/FDS emulator on my GP2X handheld (which has been my primary gaming console recently due to my nomadic schedule)

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »

What game did you get (and what system)? Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
When did you buy that game? about 3-4 weeks ago
Why did you buy that game? I've had good experiences with past Castlevania games. only a few I didnt care for
When was the last time you played it? Its on my backlog right now, so I havnt had a chance to play it. Ill probably try to wrap Castlevania III first.
Any thoughts on that game? I just hope its got that kick ass Castlevania music i've grown to love

What game did you get (and what system)? Contra (NES)
When did you buy that game? also about 3-4 weeks ago, same day as SCIV but different store
Why did you buy that game? Childhood favorite
When was the last time you played it? 3-4 weeks ago, right after I bought it
Any thoughts on that game? Got killed within the first half of the level, played for about 45 minutes and got to near the end of the second level. Forgot how crazy hard and unforgiving this game is. Ill give it a more solid shot once i get my backlog down a bit.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
lackofselfcontrol
Jaguar CD
Sweden

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »

What game did you get (and what system)? Mega Games 1, Mega Drive
When did you buy that game? Got it when I bought my Mega Drive earlier this year.
Why did you buy that game? ^
When was the last time you played it? When I got it.
Any thoughts on that game? Nah, nothing interesting about those games.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length