RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 09:23:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Playing WoW in 36 boxes 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Playing WoW in 36 boxes  (Read 4528 times)
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 12:08:44 AM »

I've been considering the prospect of multi-boxing, but WoW isn't my thing. Does anyone know a good free MMO that's multi-box friendly? Something I could run either 5 copies of on one machine, or on old hardware (like, 1ghz-1.8ghz, 256mb ram)?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 05:56:47 AM »

You could run Guild Wars on that. (with specs on low, though)

The advantage of GW is, that, after the initial purchase you don't have to pay subscripsions. Maybe not a big deal for some but when you're going to multi-box those subscriptions really add up. Wink

If you're into MMO's then don't hesitate to try out GW. It's a good game with a good community. For some more info on the game, don't hesitate to check out my review, HERE.

Smiley
Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »

Just plain dumb it seems like

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »

I have being playing Perfect World (http://www.perfectworld.com) and it is free, There is some stuff you can spend money on but you dont have to. NOt sure about an old box but it does scale down a lot. I run PW on my PC at home and my PC at work. THe install is a 2GB download.

cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 03:12:59 PM »

I have being playing Perfect World (http://www.perfectworld.com) and it is free, There is some stuff you can spend money on but you dont have to. NOt sure about an old box but it does scale down a lot. I run PW on my PC at home and my PC at work. THe install is a 2GB download.
2GB?! Im on a dell from '04 it wouldnt know what to do...lol
Never played WoW myself but I guess to each there own....I can tell you one thing the NSA's probably jealous of that set-up

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
Tan
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 06:16:16 PM »

2GB?! Im on a dell from '04 it wouldnt know what to do...lol
Never played WoW myself but I guess to each there own....I can tell you one thing the NSA's probably jealous of that set-up

Many games these days hit 6-8 gig installs, even 3-4 disc games hitting 8-10 years old are over 2GB. 2GB is what, half hour-forty-five minute download for the average broadband user? Not too bad I'd say.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »

Methinks he's thinking RAM?

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tan
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »

Yeah probably. A 2004 Dell would prob have 256 or 512 of PC2100 or PC1600. Nowadays most systems average 2GB of DDR2 as a minimum and most games recommend at least a gig for low settings.
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »

Yeah probably. A 2004 Dell would prob have 256 or 512 of PC2100 or PC1600. Nowadays most systems average 2GB of DDR2 as a minimum and most games recommend at least a gig for low settings.

Ok its been since windows 98 since i was really into PC gaming so all that PC# and DDR2 stuff you just said is drawing a blank stare at the screen. 
And no I was thinking Gigs not ram.. But the last PC game I bought new was Age of Empires 2: Age of kings (with the expainsion pack) so..lol

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 06:41:15 AM »

And no I was thinking Gigs not ram.. But the last PC game I bought new was Age of Empires 2: Age of kings (with the expainsion pack) so..lol
That's about 9 years ago but a PC from back then should atleast have a 10-20Gb hard drive. My dad bought a PC in...1999 I think and it had a 20Gb HD so you should be fine. Smiley
Tan
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »

That's about 9 years ago but a PC from back then should atleast have a 10-20Gb hard drive. My dad bought a PC in...1999 I think and it had a 20Gb HD so you should be fine. Smiley

The last time I had seen a 10 gig HDD standard was around the launch of the K6's and that was before Win98 even came out.
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 11:50:19 AM »

I still deal with those kind of systems at work. Pentium 3 766s, with 10-15gb drives and like 128mb ram. They're FINALLY upgrading this month, so I'm going to see about bringing them home and possibly booting them off a network to run Ragnarok Online or something. There's four of them and they're the wide and flat form factor, so I could stack them. Or they might just stick them in the back for spare parts...
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 01:54:13 AM »

well slap my butt and call me sally, the dell (main computer) is a 20gig hd, the old 98 HP in my room that I use for the old pc games is an 80gig (added a slave drive), hell guess i need to look for some pc games now..lol

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »

See, nothing to worry about. Smiley
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »

I agree, Perfect World is a great option for those4 of you who don't want a monthly subscription.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length