RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 01:20:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Fable II 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Fable II  (Read 5930 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

IGN doesn't make sense sometimes. Remember, we're talking about the site that gave God Hand a 3/10.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »

Can't spell ignorant without IGN.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 09:34:13 AM »

Can't spell ignorant without IGN.
Lol  laugh
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 10:07:01 AM »

Good one. I remember them giving Jade Empire a 9.9.

While I admit Jade Empire is a great game, it could be better, and probably should grade in at about a 9.0.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 10:37:31 AM »

Good one. I remember them giving Jade Empire a 9.9.
No game should ever get a 9.9, that's way too high.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »

I just got past the Childhood portion of the game and have begun exploring a little in the dungeon where I'm supposed to find my "destiny".

Fable II first impressions:

Story - Pretty basic revenge tale. You do have good/evil path options as early as childhood, though. 
Graphics - Excellent! Very colorful and with a unique art style. Both the characters and environments are done very well.
Sound - So far so good. Too early to tell really
Gameplay - Combat is very straightforward and user-friendly. Excellent interfaces and easy menu use.

Worth mentioning...the dog! So far this is probably the most interesting feature of the game. As your only party member, early impressions are that the dog will play a significant impact on your success/failure in the game. For example, he barks when you're about to miss something. There were 2 instances where after he barked, he found a dig location and a treasure chest that I would've overlooked (because I was in night-time mode). Initially, I'm impressed with the dog AI. 

Another interesting aspect is the ability to buy/sell/rent out buildings. It appears that many of the buildings (residences & businesses) in Fable II can be bought/sold/rented out. Apparently, the game world changes based on your character's development, and it impacts the economy of the Fable 2 world, property values, etc.. Obviously, I have no gold right now, nor enough of a reputation to affect anything, but I'm intrigued to see how these aspects play out.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »

It has sparked my interest, from what you've written there. Especially the dog thing looks interesting. I'll definitely pick this game up, someday. Smiley
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 07:42:36 AM »

Be sure to get the collector's edition if you can. I've been using the additional in-game content and it adds to the humor. You have an added treasure chest that contains a Master Chief suit and an Energy Sword (although it doesn't do 1-shot kills); I tried it out and eventually got to a town that needed Blacksmith help. So I took the job to get some quick gold, and it cuts to a scene of my character in the Master Chief outfit taking a hammer and pounding out swords in a mini-game...ironic. You can also buy the "Master Chief" title from the town crier for free.

I haven't found the other bonus content of a hidden dungeon and a powerful weapon you can find there, but I'll get around to it eventually, I'm sure.

I did buy a book for the dog to learn how to sniff out better/more frequent treasures and it's been paying dividends right away!

There's so much to do. Excellent game! Cool

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 07:44:15 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tan
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »

I just got this game as a gift, saves from forking over the $49.99 for it in lieu of Fallout 3 next week or so. Smiley

If your out to buy the Limited Edition, take note that some of them don't have the DLC cards in them.

http://www.joystiq.com/20...ay-have-missing-dlc-card/
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 10:40:47 PM »

Just beat this game, it was really good, the ending was a bit strange though. But the battle's are really good and it's interesting how the guns in this game work. I.E. shoot someone in the arm they drop their weapon, leg they become crippled, and for the head... BOOM HEADSHOT!! Tongue

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 09:31:31 AM »

Just beat this game
Is it a short game or do you just have a lot of gaming time? (no pun)

EDIT: Just saw the GT Review. Yup, a short game (if you wish it to be atleast)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42024.html
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 05:41:44 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »

It may take awhile to do EVERYTHING, but for the main storyline it's quite short.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 10:39:51 PM »

I've been taking my time with it because I heard it was short. I've been building wealth and buying real estate & businesses to get a steady stream of income.

I've just reached Briarwood.

Tan
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 06:27:20 AM »

I just beat this a while ago. Good game and all but man they need to hire some beta testers ASAP. I've seen few games that have as many bugs, glitches and poor level design as this one does. Also in risk of spoiling anything, when your guide tells you to finish up anything before a major event, do so. You may end up screwing yourself out of the ability to complete an achievement or two based on your choices.

Other than that it was a good solid game for killing the time left waiting for Fallout 3.
Kimoosabi
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »

I played it a bit last week. I'm not sure what it was, it just didn't click for me. I really enjoyed the first Fable, so I assumed I'd really enjoy the second one, but I find it lacking. It's frustrating, because I can't put my finger on any one issue that is bothering me, just the game as a whole isn't my cup of tea I guess.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length