RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 07:23:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo DSi 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo DSi  (Read 7760 times)
NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 05, 2008, 12:34:39 AM »

Nintendo just release information at a press conference that they will be releasing a new DS model soon. Japan will be getting it in November, and we will get it in '09. Anyway, click the link to read the story.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170305

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:30:55 AM »

Just read how the DSi "won't replace the DS Lite". Hmmmm, I'll have to see about that first.  Wink

The article at Kotaku: DSi won't replace the DS Lite.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:14:28 AM »

That sounds awesome. Nintendo seems to be taking the PSP head on with this.
Although the lack of GBA support severely hurts it in my opinion. I would seriously consider buying one at launch if it still supported GBA games.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:32:36 PM »

Should make homebrew so much easier.

And as far as PSP and a multimedia machine... I hate it. I only have songs on my PSP because videos and other crap  is unbelievably complicated. Special format and what not. Too much work. Demos are always sweet though.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »

That thing looks pimp son.

Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:33:35 AM »

It's the 3rd model, like the GBA Micro or something.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 03:06:34 PM »

I have one question: Why?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »

Because Nintendo feels there's still room to expand. Apparently they feel they haven't quite sold enough DS's yet. Tongue
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 12:43:53 AM »

The PSP is getting another model too, interestingly.

About the same timing, too.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 06:04:05 AM »

Because Nintendo feels there's still room to expand. Apparently they feel they haven't quite sold enough DS's yet. Tongue

I think I heard sales of the DS are slowing down... probably because everyone and their dog has one. However, this is a DS with a camera and stuff! It's a must-have! Roll Eyes
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »

I think I heard sales of the DS are slowing down... probably because everyone and their dog has one. However, this is a DS with a camera and stuff! It's a must-have! Roll Eyes
*runs to the nearest store*
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 07:45:36 AM »

I still don't have a DS. Maybe this will be "the one" to get. I have no interest in PSP, I don't like its bulkiness.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »

Well, the launch date has been announced as April 5th for NA.  Amazon states that it will cost $169.99 and it comes in either matte black or matte blue.

http://www.amazon.com/Nin...rd_r=0AG74E8CX1HY00JX057Q
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 02:23:24 PM »

I'm skeptical about the new model since I have  the DS Lite and am quite content with it. The only thing I really would like from the DSi is the DSWare support, but we'll have to see if the titles on that service are any good.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »

I'm skeptical about the new model since I have  the DS Lite and am quite content with it. The only thing I really would like from the DSi is the DSWare support, but we'll have to see if the titles on that service are any good.

Yea, that'd be the icing on the cake for me.  Nintendo is still selling hundreds of thousands of DS Lites in NA, so I don't see why they are releasing the DSi now.  They should at least wait until sales start to slow down so that they don't confuse everybody with two DS models.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length