RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2024, 09:32:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | MY PS3 CRAPPED OUT!!!!!!!! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: MY PS3 CRAPPED OUT!!!!!!!!  (Read 4803 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »

Geez! Talk about changes! Good chart, though.

All I know is that the price point is still too high, imo. I'm waiting to see where they are as far as a software library when they eventually drop it down to $199.99. Maybe God of War 3 will be out by then. Cool

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »

Backwards compatibility on the system is awesome. There is so much room for virtual memory cards, and when I'm going to go play a game elsewhere, I can easily copy saves to and from my PS3 to the original PS2 / PS1 memory cards.
You're totally right. And yeah it's quite sad to see how they're taking away more and more features from the PS3. What's next? No more Blu-ray drive, lol? Tongue

But really, the november 2006 model (which was only released for NTSC regions Sad) had the actual Emotion Engine chip inside. The 2007 models use software emulation for the backwards compatibility (not great, but still something) and the current models aren't backwards compatible at all!!! Angry

This is quite annoying, I knew about the card slots but not of the backward compatibility being gone.

Yeah, I went from a Media center, with ALL the "Bells and Whistles" to a stripped down video game console.

I went and bought a 4 gig SD card. And now I have to download it through my computer to my jump drive "THAT I HAD TO GO BUY" , and then download to my PS3
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:26:02 PM by cverz2 » Logged
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 07:13:27 PM »

You shouldn't have taken the system back to the store, you should have gone through Sony.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »

Yeah, I know.  I just didn't want to get a refurbished PS3 that will probably only last a few years.     Undecided
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »

I just didn't want to get a refurbished PS3 that will probably only last a few years.     Undecided
A few years would already be better than only a few weeks. Wink

But all jokes aside, I feel your pain. There really isn't an "ultimate" solution to a thing like this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length