RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 09:21:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Megaman 9 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Megaman 9  (Read 8538 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »

Who bought it?  Do you like it?  I picked it up and it brings back great memories.  The music is just like back in the NES days and the game is hard as hell!  Or maybe I haven't played it enough.  All in all I like this game.  The challenges are a neat addition, too.  The downloadable might not be worth it but we will find out when that releases!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:53:45 PM »

Jeremy Parish does an excellent job of explaining how well done Mega Man 9 is.
http://www.1up.com/do/blo...&publicUserId=5379721

I'm a huge fan of MM9. There's a good chance this could end up as my new favorite Mega Man.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »

I am giddy with anticipation to get this game tomorrow when it comes out on PSN.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 06:15:46 AM »

I feel defeated by this game.  I'm usually good at Mega Man games, but on this one I can't even get to a boss room.  It seems to be very much based on memorization, whereas in the other games you could at least kinda fight your way through to the end.

I still like it, though.  I need a real challenge.

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 09:10:24 AM »

MM9 was seriously well designed. Even though a lot of the puzzles have obvious solutions, it's still hard to actually DO them.

I picked it up within minutes of upload. I got to the final Wily battle the other night, but had zero E-Tanks and gave up for a while. I've seen the ending, but I'm going to try to finish it again sometime soon and get to work on a few challenges.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »

It looks great to me, I'm definately going to download it once I get a PS3 nod

Ooooh, 1000 posts...
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »

So, I tried out the demo that came out on the European Playstation Store, and all I have to say is "HOLY SHIT!" Incredible game. It really doesn't feel like a cheap ploy to tap into nostalgia, it feels like they really took their time and set out to craft a true period piece, but adding in some modern features like online leaderboards.

I'll have more impressions later once the full game is actually put up for sale in America sometime later today. However, based on this demo alone, I order EVERYBODY on this site who has a Wii, PS3, or 360 to download this game NOW (or next week if you're a 360 owner)! You will not regret it.

Capcom has done the greatest job of any 3rd party publisher making the transition to downloads on consoles. 1942: Joint Strike, Bionic Commando Rearmed, and Mega Man 9 are all excellent games. I cannot wait for them to finally get Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix out there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:12:55 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 01:21:05 PM »

There's a DEMO?Huh How do I get it?
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »

There is on PS3 and I presume 360 will get one next week when the game comes out on there. Wii does not have a demo of the game since Nintendo doesn't let devs do that.

I just bought the game and it is now downloading! Cheesy

Now downloaded and installed! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:50:53 PM by Tondog » Logged

Follow me on Twitter
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

I feel defeated by this game.  I'm usually good at Mega Man games, but on this one I can't even get to a boss room.  It seems to be very much based on memorization, whereas in the other games you could at least kinda fight your way through to the end.

I agree.  This game is HARD!!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:38:02 PM »

Couldn't have said it better. I've only gotten past Galaxy Man so far.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 12:20:22 AM »

I never liked Mega Man for that sole reason of difficulty. God damn it, I want to have fun. Although granted I love Ninja Gaiden, probably shoulda given MM some more time.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 12:45:53 AM »

Possibly one of the hardest games I've played in quite some time.

Follow me on Twitter
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 01:11:01 AM »

Finally beat the game. And I beat the final level without using any E-Tanks or M-Tanks, so I'm really happy with myself.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 04:04:09 AM »

Possibly one of the hardest games I've played in quite some time.
It just proves how games have become easy with in-game hints, save-everywhere functions, etc...
Or maybe we gamers have become lazy and the devs are simply making what we're asking for.

It's nice to see a new hard game, it's like a breath of fresh air, really Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length