RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 02:38:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | US Election 2008 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: US Election 2008  (Read 23177 times)
Tan
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2008, 05:59:04 AM »

If you can tell me one good thing that the government does well I'll give you a fucking medal.

Attend to their own selfish personal agendas with remarkable efficiency all in the name of the greater good of the nation.

I prefer silver vs gold please.  nod

I said "GOOD" thing. Wink

That IS a good thing. Everyone seems to place blame on the government for all of their petty day to day problems instead of owning up some responsibility for them. If the government was "just" in the eyes of the ignorant who can't see past their own nose let alone the big picture, the world would explode from sheer repressed anguish alone!

Being the whipping boy for everything from gas prices & roads to acne & hemorrhoids is an important job. They spend years and millions in campaigning so you'll blame them for every slight you experience in life. If they have broad backs and sturdy legs to support everyone's grief, they'll be re-elected a second time. That's a tough cross to bear no?  slick
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »

I'm confused. Is the election today or tommorow?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2008, 10:49:23 AM »

Today. Right at this moment. The polls close at 8 PM tonight in every time zone. We should hopefully know who the president is late tonight or early tomorrow...barring any situations that may arise.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »

Today. Right at this moment. The polls close at 8 PM tonight in every time zone. We should hopefully know who the president is late tonight or early tomorrow...barring any situations that may arise.
Okay that's good to hear. I'll probably hear the news when I wake up tommorow. Smiley
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2008, 11:03:16 AM »

Okay that's good to hear. I'll probably hear the news when I wake up tommorow. Smiley
Again, hopefully. There may be contests and arguments over the results (see the 2000 election) or it may be over tonight (see the 2004 election), it all depends on how close it is and if one of the candidates wants to be a jerk about losing on a narrow margin. However, I don't think it's going to be close. Obama is probably going to win.

Another thing, Sirgin, I don't know if you know this or not, but the newly elected president won't start working until January 20, when he gets inaugurated. So, we have another three months of Bush after this.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2008, 11:09:57 AM »

Another thing, Sirgin, I don't know if you know this or not, but the newly elected president won't start working until January 20, when he gets inaugurated. So, we have another three months of Bush after this.
Yeah, I knew about that but I thought it was January 1. Has it always been the 20th? Seems like such a random date to me...
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »

I'm confused. Is the election today or tomorrow?
I heard there was problems with the electronic voting as of 8:30 this morning. Ohio is offering the choice of paper ballots or electronic voting, which I think is just asking for problems.
I think this election will be very similar to the one in 2000.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2008, 11:48:38 AM »

Did my part today. I was expecting the precinct to be a zoo. I walked in, registered, voted, and was on my way in less than 10 minutes.

Good work, St. Paul.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

There's going to be sooooooo much fraud talk if this is even remotely close.

When shall his new form be revealed?
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »

Oh, you better believe it. I'll bet money on the fact that it will be close, too.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2008, 02:23:38 PM »

So, who thinks their will be a massive riot in Chicago tonight if Obama loses? One million people are projected to attend the celebration in Grant Park. That's a lot of rioters if he loses.

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2008, 03:14:07 PM »

So, who thinks their will be a massive riot in Chicago tonight if Obama loses? One million people are projected to attend the celebration in Grant Park. That's a lot of rioters if he loses.

What are you on about? Is this a serious threat or are you just being racist?

I have a little more faith in this country than that--although maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I should go smash some storefronts if McCain loses Tongue

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2008, 03:16:33 PM »

What are you on about? Is this a serious threat or are you just being racist?

I have a little more faith in this country than that--although maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I should go smash some storefronts if McCain loses Tongue

Yes.... because all Democrats are black.... you read a wee bit too far into that.

Hello World.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »

Yes.... because all Democrats are black....

Duh. How else was he supposed to take that?! Wink

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »

Polls are closed in Kentucky and.....hmmm I fogot the name. I think it was Indiana (something with an "I" for sure, maybe Illinois)

Mccain was leading with over 60% in Kentucky (but only 1% of the votes counted, I think) and Obama was leading with 55% in Indiana. Obviously those numbers can still change.

Pfft, stupid time zones, I wish I didn't have to go to bed so I could follow the election results. But it's already 1:00PM so I'm off to bed. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length