RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 04:22:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | The bad habits thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: The bad habits thread.  (Read 10556 times)
otaku
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 02:18:58 AM »

Umm... TMI?

laugh

I'll give you to much info....ok no i won't
Tan
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:05 AM »

I have a bad habit......

I strip music CDs and any other usable media case like them for parts to replace broken game cases. I literally hunt around the apartment scrounging for anything with a usable jewel case. You wouldn't believe how many brand new music CDs or PC software titles that have cracked or scratched cases or cases with nasty stickers on them that are lying around. Tongue
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »

I have a bad habit......

I strip music CDs and any other usable media case like them for parts to replace broken game cases. I literally hunt around the apartment scrounging for anything with a usable jewel case. You wouldn't believe how many brand new music CDs or PC software titles that have cracked or scratched cases or cases with nasty stickers on them that are lying around. Tongue

I do that too. Every CD I own that is not a game CD is loose in a binder. I generally just throw away broken/cracked cases instead of re-using them though.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2008, 11:53:44 AM »

I'm a constant nail biter.

As far as other habits go, I talk to myself when I'm alone (or to my dog) and am a habitual collector.

Fortunately, I do a fair job of controlling myself and have kept myself from habitual smoking or gum chewing because of my addictive personality.  Additionally, I keep my collections down to fewer things, instead of lots of things... Video Games being the prime one.  One collecting sector I've refrained from is trading cards and Star Wars.  I've seen wealthy people break the bank on those... let alone someone like myself.  Even in video games I get divided between classic and modern games.  Either way... if the games are good, you can't go wrong with either!

it's thinking
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »

I'm a constant nail biter.

As far as other habits go, I talk to myself when I'm alone (or to my dog) and am a habitual collector.

Fortunately, I do a fair job of controlling myself and have kept myself from habitual smoking or gum chewing because of my addictive personality.  Additionally, I keep my collections down to fewer things, instead of lots of things... Video Games being the prime one.  One collecting sector I've refrained from is trading cards and Star Wars.  I've seen wealthy people break the bank on those... let alone someone like myself.  Even in video games I get divided between classic and modern games.  Either way... if the games are good, you can't go wrong with either!

Heh. I talk to myself too...

Tell me about your variants...
Tan
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:01 AM »

I have a bad habit......

I do that too. Every CD I own that is not a game CD is loose in a binder. I generally just throw away broken/cracked cases instead of re-using them though.

I just picked up 3 packs of new jewel cases with 24 in each, I've used 40-45 of 72 already. It gets harder to buy them sometimes, as there are so many "slim" cases sold and so few full sized ones available anymore.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2008, 04:02:43 AM »

It's only a problem when you answer yourself.

Kimoosabi
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »

Nail biting is my only bad habit really. I don't even realize that I am doing it until after the fact usually.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »

It's only a problem when you answer yourself.

I do. I have serious mental issues, me thinks...

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2008, 08:35:49 AM »

I do. I have serious mental issues, me thinks...

ninja
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »

I talk to myself too nod

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 05:57:20 PM »

Not sure this is a bona fide "bad habit," but I prefer to stand when watching TV or playing video games.

This habit can make for rather awkward situations when I'm a house guest.

"Ummm... are you sure you don't wanna sit down to watch the show? there's plenty of places to sit, you know."

"Thanks anyway, I'm cool."

I think it stems from spending most of my adult life in jobs involving standing and walking around all day, and not feeling fatigued at all at the end of my shift. That, and the 15 to 20 miles of hiking I do a week.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »

I have a bad habit involving necromancy.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 07:34:47 PM »

I have a bad habit involving necromancy.

Ummm... that doesn't involve necrophilia, does it???

On second thought, don't answer that, 'cuz I really don't wanna know
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »

Necromancy is a claimed form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge. The term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.

The word "necromancy" derives from the Ancient Greek νεκρός (nekrós), "dead body", and μαντεία (manteía), "prophecy or divination". The compound form νεκρομαντεία is itself post-classical, first used by Origen of Alexandria in the 3rd century CE. The classical Greek term is ἡ νέκυια (nekyia), νεκυιομαντεία in Hellenistic Greek, rendered as necyomantia in Latin, and as necyomancy in 17th century English.

In Renaissance magic, necromancy – or, as it was frequently called during that period, nigromancy (adapted from the Latin nigr-, niger, "black") – was classified foremost among seven "forbidden arts".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length