RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2024, 01:21:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | So, do you eat any of the foods listed in this article? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: So, do you eat any of the foods listed in this article?  (Read 2915 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: August 09, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »

I eat unhealthy crap, but none of it is on this article.

http://go.fark.com/cgi/fa...snbc.msn.com/id/21838237/

Hello World.
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 09:13:54 PM »

No, I don't eat any of the things on there. For the least healthy food though, I wasn't expecting it to be from outback steakhouse.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 09:17:08 PM »

I eat burgers at Applebees / Fridays's / Ruby Tuesday / Any American Grill, and I guess I take on the calories with that. It's okay though, I run 3 miles every other day.

Hello World.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 10:24:08 PM »

I don't think I've ever eaten any of that stuff. I just don't eat out much.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »

What a waste of space article. You can't tell me you would order any of those things expecting them to be healthy or good for you. Only thing on there that I eat occasionally would be a Chipotle burrito, and it is always delicious and that is why I get it. That's why anyone orders any of these things, DELICIOUS. It's like that stupid movie that tells you McDonald's makes you sick if that's all you eat. Well WE KNOW; but that doesn't mean we don't want to splurge on a deep fried Big Mac or a chocolate and cheese stuffed steak from time to time.

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 11:17:48 PM »

Tell it, preacher.

Hello World.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 04:39:43 PM »

I eat unhealthy crap, but none of it is on this article.

http://go.fark.com/cgi/fa...snbc.msn.com/id/21838237/
Some of those meals are insane though.

The worst pizza has 2300 calories! That's only 200 less than a man should eat in a whole day.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »

The worst pizza has 2300 calories! That's only 200 less than a man should eat in a whole day.

To be fair, that's an outdated number. It's all relevant to how big you are and how much exercise you get on a day-to-day basis.

With that said, the only thing I eat from that list is Chipotle, and I haven't been there in months.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »

To be fair, that's an outdated number. It's all relevant to how big you are and how much exercise you get on a day-to-day basis.

With that said, the only thing I eat from that list is Chipotle, and I haven't been there in months.
Maybe so, but for the average not-exercising-at-all person, 2500 calories should be more than enough.

If some more people (I'm not saying atlethes) would try to stick to a number like that, they wouldn't be so overweight. (I don't want to hurt anybody, it's just a fact)
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 06:26:33 PM »

Yes. For the average sized guy who doesn't get out a lot, 2500 calories is more than sufficient. I figured out my ideal calorie intake in class on Thursday and it was 3300. I'm 5'9, 170 and walk at least an hour a day.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »

3300 calories seems like alot to me, but I can be wrong. Walking is good, but jogging/running would be better Wink Really raises the heartrate Smiley

For your 5'9, 170 pounds you have a BMI of 23.8
I'm 5'7,  138 pounds and have a BMI of 20.6

That's both good!  Cheesy

Below 18.5 -> underweight
Between 18.5 and 24.9 -> normal weight
Between 25 and 29.9 -> overweight, not a real risk, but you shouldn't put on more weight for sure.
Between 30 and 39.9 -> obese, increased risk for alot of things, loose 10-20 pounds
Over 40 -> Seriously obese, your life is in danger (no joke)
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 07:01:32 PM »

Yeah, it seemed like a lot to me too. The instructor admitted that the formula was a little dated. She's going to bring in a more appropriate one this week. We'll see how much of a difference there is.

Yeah. Jogging would be better. I know. I just enjoy walks. They are so relaxing. I'll eventually get into running, but I'm taking a nice, slow approach to a healthier lifestyle Smiley I've cut out all soda and caffeine, and all fast food (for the most part.. I slip up once every week or two)...
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 09:02:24 PM »

Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald's (5 pieces) with creamy ranch sauce

I eat these quite regularly, I don't have any kind of sauce with them though.

That's the only one I eat, but i'm pretty damn sure my schools food is unhealthy.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 09:12:30 PM »

Haha, I find jogging to be quite relaxing, especially when I am also listening to my iPod while doing so.

Hello World.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 05:14:55 AM »

That's the only one I eat, but i'm pretty damn sure my schools food is unhealthy.
Eating warm food at your school is big habit in the US. We have that much less here in Belgium, we bring our own sandwiches we made that morning Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length