RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 11:25:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | SOOOOOO CLOSE to 35 thousand pictures on the site!! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SOOOOOO CLOSE to 35 thousand pictures on the site!!  (Read 1848 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« on: July 26, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »

Yeah... Well... WE'RE really close!!! We've got to do this by the end of the month!! I am so psyched!! Let's do this thang!

35000 Here we come!!!  Cheesy

Tell me about your variants...
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »

I make it 61,234 images. Huh
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 04:05:42 PM »

I make it 61,234 images. Huh

There is no value 61234 on the stats page anywhere... We are at about 64k total game submissions though. Huh

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 04:07:10 PM »

Look on the front page at the right. Scans + Screenshots = 61,000+
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »

I am so confused... Huh

Can someone shed some light on why the site statistics page does not agree with the submission statistics page?

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 04:16:51 PM »

Because individual submissions statistics haven't been tracked as long as the actual content.

New games used to be mentioned in a special thread then a member of staff added them to the database. Doing it that way made it hard, if not impossible, to track the statistics of each individual.

Basically, the submissions statistics came in after the content statistics.
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »

If you're looking at image submissions stats, that is the number of images that were submitted to the site since the new submissions system was in place.  A lot of images were submitted by hand or through the old submission system which did not keep track of how many images were submitted.  Hence the difference between total image submissions and total images on the site.

Edit: James beat me to it Tongue

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »

Yep, back in the day, there was no submission script. Everything was submitted in cool threads like "Submit Missing Games Here" and "Submit Missing Images Here". It took probably 4 months after the submissions system went live for there to be the type of submissions log we currently have.

#Images = #Screenshots + #scans

Hello World.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

Dang... I though this was going to be a 'Motivational Speech' type of thread. It has now turned into a 'logical123 is a dumbass' type thread. Thanks for clearing that up, and I will continue to scan manuals.  Tongue

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 02:09:40 AM »

Nah, it can still be a motivational speech thread.  35000 submissions using the submission system is still a feat Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length