RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2024, 11:22:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Tetris NES Prototype I found in the trash...... 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tetris NES Prototype I found in the trash......  (Read 2020 times)
jeff882
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: July 26, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »

Hey everyone, I just wanted to show everyone what i found in the trash while cleaning a friends apartment. It is a Tetris NES Prototype. I cant play it because i dont have a NES, but it looks pretty cool. Im selling it because it is the only NES  game in my collection.

Here is the link if you wanna check it out.

http://www.chasethechuckw....cgi?show_item=0000004631

Also I dont know much about NES or prototypes so any information/comments would be appreciated. Cheesy
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »

You must have found it in some smelly trash, I can smell the SPAM from here.

jeff882
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »

Actually the trash didn't smell too bad, thanks for your concern though...
jeff882
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:17:25 PM »

I just wanted to show off what i found and learn a little bit about prototypes, like how to play one. My friend has an NES but the game didnt fit because of the exposed chips on the cartridge.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »

The only reason NES_Rules said that it smelled like spam is because A) It looks like you are advertising something, and B) Because you posted this in the wrong area. If you want to advertise something you have for sale, check out the 'Sales Extravaganza' area of the forums. Other than that, nice find! And welcome to the forums!  Grin

Tell me about your variants...
jeff882
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »

oh, sorry, ill repost in a different area. I am selling something, but with good intentions. The game was gonna be thrown away and dissappear forever but i saved it and figured someone out there might appreciate it. I really wanna play the game to see if it different than the other tetris games i have played.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »

From what I have heard about protos is that they usually aren't all that different, except for maybe a debug mode left is, etc etc. Unless is was an EARLY version of the game, then you might see some differences, such as missing/different music, different gameplay, etc.

I have never played an actual proto either, but I have played countless roms of them, such as sonic crackers beta, sonic & knuckles beta. The list goes on and on. I would expect your auction to top $400, even $500 by its end. It's really a nice find.  Smiley

Tell me about your variants...
jeff882
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 03:49:20 PM »

razz thanks. It was way cool finding it. It was like finding video game history in the trash.
NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:29:42 AM »

Now that is just too damn cool to not show to anyone.

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 02:18:31 PM »

Price on that proto is starting to soar.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length