RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 04:24:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Your most addictive games... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Your most addictive games...  (Read 5030 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 05:39:27 AM »

Also played Ramparts on the C64 alone, or with a friend to the point it had trouble loading... damn magnetic medium.

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 03:03:23 PM »

Dead Rising.  I probobly logged at least 200 hours on that game in the first month.
I was convinced to buy it (traded in some stuff) after playing the demo for it. Started getting into it and decided to stop because I could definitely see its addictive quality.

200 hours! How many times have you played through? Did you get all 1000 achievement points?

I think I am at 940/1000.  I have played through the main story 5 or 6 times, the other stories maybe 2-3 times each.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 12:40:02 PM »

5-6 years ago I was terribly addicted to RuneScape  ninja I played it non-stop for like 6 months, it was crazy.
But when I look back on it now I can't understand what I liked so much about it, because the game has some serious flaws if you think about it.

What I also noticed with myself is that MMO games in general are really addictive. But when you quit the game for like, a week, the addiction is totally gone. I've played Guild Wars a year or so ago and was addicted to it for like a month or 2. Then I had to stop gaming for my exams and after they were done I never felt the desire again to play GW. I've tried it a couple of times though, but the addiction/appeal is completely gone. (Not a bad game though!)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »

Funny thing. I'm taking a little bit of a break from Sid Meier's Civ Rev. But even though I haven't played it in the last couple of days, I'm thinking about what I would like to do with new strategies, etc. for the next time I do play.

I'll be picking it up again soon I'm sure.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »

5-6 years ago I was terribly addicted to RuneScape  ninja I played it non-stop for like 6 months, it was crazy.
But when I look back on it now I can't understand what I liked so much about it, because the game has some serious flaws if you think about it.

What I also noticed with myself is that MMO games in general are really addictive. But when you quit the game for like, a week, the addiction is totally gone. I've played Guild Wars a year or so ago and was addicted to it for like a month or 2. Then I had to stop gaming for my exams and after they were done I never felt the desire again to play GW. I've tried it a couple of times though, but the addiction/appeal is completely gone. (Not a bad game though!)

I feel exactly the same way! I used to play runescape like no tomorrow. Then, I took a 2-5 day break, came back to it, and said to myself "Why am I playing this Huh"

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 04:54:39 PM »

I feel exactly the same way! I used to play runescape like no tomorrow. Then, I took a 2-5 day break, came back to it, and said to myself "Why am I playing this Huh"
Yes exactly! It's the weirdest thing, isn't it? The addiction almost immediately fades away when you take a break from games like that...
And to think that all you do in the game is level, level, level...gives me shivers down my spine just thinking about it now.

I much more appreciate singleplayer games now. I like the fact that (most of them) actually END at a certain point. That's the fun about them, once you finished them you can move on to the next game Tongue But MMO games can last for years and you've still played only one game. (MMO's kind of ruin your other gaming activities)
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »

My most addictive game is Earthbound. I already beat it at least 10 times, but I can't stop playing it.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »

SNES: Sim City

N64 & Arcade: Off Road Challenge

PC & GBA: Snood

DS: Zoo Keeper, Zelda: PH

SNES & GBA: The Legend of Zelda: LTTP

These are some that I can remeber obssessing over. And I would play so long I didn't even know what time it was.
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »

Alright now today it's Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution. Even though I just got the demo I can't stop playing it!

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 10:26:54 PM »

The one game that's eating my soul right now is Mario Kart Wii. Other than that the only titles I can recall spending hours on are Final Fantasy games and DDR games.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 07:17:21 AM »

Alright now today it's Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution. Even though I just got the demo I can't stop playing it!

Cool. Cool Just wait until you get the full game...

Phillyman
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »

The original legend of zelda, I must have been 8 at the time, I would play for hours on end....ignoring Mario Bros.....and then while I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep, i would get nervous that my game didnt save.....I would run over and start up the game to make sure my progress was saved.....turn the system off and worry if that save worked. I never did beat that game....but its been years since I tried

Oh and I logged 97 hours on FF7, I fired that one up months ago and put a serious hurting on Seph, I just summoned everything in my arsenal and kicked his ass! I have the save point right at the entrance to the final battle
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:58:25 AM by Phillyman » Logged

[img width=88 height=31]http://www.retromags.com/retromags88.png[/img] - Site Dedicated To Preserving Retro Gaming Magazines!
Kimoosabi
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 10:48:21 AM »

For me it would be Geometry Wars on XBLA. Almost every time I turn on my Xbox 360 I end up playing it at least once.
modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 11:34:46 AM »

For me it would be Geometry Wars on XBLA. Almost every time I turn on my Xbox 360 I end up playing it at least once.

That game is alot of fun but I can never seem to get past 100,000 my eyes aren't built to see so many things happening at one time.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 07:06:45 AM »

Currently, resident evil 4.  I've played like 30 hours over the last week.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length