RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 09:01:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The Collection Diary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: The Collection Diary  (Read 20229 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2008, 04:44:34 PM »

Finally got around to organizing my room/collection.  There were about 2-3 months (probably at least 150-200 games and quite a few consoles) worth of stuff just lying on my floor.  Now it is easier to find a game that I want, and it looks soooo much better.  I'll try to take pics soon.

Finally got some pics of my room.  Check them out on my profile Smiley
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »

Finally got some pics of my room.  Check them out on my profile Smiley
Nice pictures! Smiley
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2008, 12:48:31 AM »

I spent about 2 hours a few days ago with a big bottle of Goof Off and cleaned off  1 360, 4 playstation, 4 xbox, and about 20 gamecube games of stickers, sticker residue or other gross things. Now they look incredible. I almost wish I took before and after pictures of a few of them, it really made a big difference.

When I get the drive to clean some stuff again i've got quite a few carts that need some polish now.

finally got around and cleaned most of my n64 games, my nes games are up next for a cleaning.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2008, 04:01:33 PM »

Started "putting away" my games that i added back into my collection on the site.
I was surprised to learn that i can stack DVDs/CDs 4 deep and at least 3 high in my closet.

Top Shelf
PS2 is 3 high on the back of the shelf
Xbox is 2 high in front of PS2
360 and GCN are sharing the space in front of the Xbox right now and there is still space in front of those.

Middle shelf
PSX stacked 2 high
DC in front of those
DS in front of the DC games.

Unfortunately not i am getting to the more difficult to store games... cartridge based with. Both loose and with cardboard boxes.

I think i might skip over those and start working on getting books and magazines up onto shelves and figuring out what i have for left over space.

I still have no clue what i am going to do with all my Mortal Kombat stuff. I always keep that separate since it is a collection within a collection.

ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2008, 03:04:45 AM »

Now that I'm in the midst of getting an Atari 800, I'm also trying to get ahold of an Atari 400 as well.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2008, 07:20:20 PM »

I cleaned out a closet today.  Tommorrow I will put some of my boxes of boxes(Smiley) in there to clear up some room.

Seeing as how I haven't been to the flea market in 2 weeks due to rain and the ever-dropping temperatures, I probably won't be getting any more big lots of games like I have in the past six months (I pretty much started collecting in June, and now I have over 400 things in my collection database..  However, I did start Virtual Boy collecting last November).  So my room should be pretty set until next spring Smiley

@ Sirgin:

Thanks! Smiley (sorry about the lateness of my response, I sorta forgot about this thread Smiley)
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2008, 01:20:51 PM »

Finally got myself an Atari 400 in nice shape for $36; it included the original box (with packing materials) and a BASIC cart. Now I need to find myself an 800 and I'll be set. Smiley
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2008, 02:08:55 PM »

Finally got myself an Atari 400 in nice shape for $36; it included the original box (with packing materials) and a BASIC cart. Now I need to find myself an 800 and I'll be set. Smiley
Nice, that must be pretty hard to find. (Or am I mistaken?)
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2008, 03:07:37 PM »

They're semi-common I guess, but it's not often you come across ones with the box.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2008, 05:23:23 PM »

They're semi-common I guess, but it's not often you come across ones with the box.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of.

Nice find, either way! Smiley
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2008, 01:30:03 AM »

Moved stuff a bit...

Top Shelf
PS2 is 4 high on the back of the shelf
Xbox is 3 high in front of PS2
360 and GCN are sharing the space in front of the Xbox
Wii in front of those

Middle shelf
Genesis CIB games
PSX stacked 2 high in front of those
DC in front of those
Pico next to the DS and DC games(takes up 2 rows deep :-/)

Bottom shelf
Right now just a box filled with the SNES/Genesis/NES cart only games i have added and a box of Atari games i haven't gone through.

Still haven't started on the mags/books or my Mortal Kombat stuff. I do want to have mortal kombat on its own shelf but i just have so many books now i don't think it will be possible. I also think i am going to separate the gaming mags from the walkthru guides. I already separated the dozen or so gaming books i have.

And i still have about another 3-4 boxes of games/hardware to get though :-/(I never thought i would be disappointing to say such a thing.)

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

It sounds like you could use some more shelf space, seeing how you have to put everything 2 deep/3 high, etc... Shocked
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »

Cleaned up my Genesis games that needed it, some DS games and some SNES and N64 games too. I've only got 3 more DS games, 5 SNES games and 4 gameboy games. Only a dozen more and then im all caught up with my cleaning. wooo!!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »

It sounds like you could use some more shelf space, seeing how you have to put everything 2 deep/3 high, etc... Shocked

I don't really plan on playing much of it right now so i'm not worried about it all being stacked and inaccessible.
Actually all of it is in my closet right now or boxed up waiting to be put in my closet.

Since available space is at a minimum right now with me Aubrey and the baby sharing my old bedroom. (We might be moving my moms crafting stuff so the baby can have a room till we find a place and move out)

I think the only stuff that is going to be "on display" is books, magazines and if i can finagle it my Mortal Kombat stuff.

Also as it stands now:

VERY Top shelf
Most of my CIB systems
Empty system boxes
a bunch of controllers/accessories
a couple loose systems
Guitar Hero games
some other stuff

Top Shelf (Left side)
PS2 is 4 high on the back of the shelf
Xbox is 3 high in front of PS2
360 and GCN are sharing the space in front of the Xbox
Wii in front of those

Middle shelf (Left side)
Genesis CIB games
PSX stacked 2 high in front of those
DC in front of those
Pico next to the DS and DC games(takes up 2 rows deep :-/)

Bottom shelf(aka floor) (Left side)
box of Atari games i haven't gone through.
box filled with the loose SNES/Genesis/NES/SMS games and CIB controllers and accessories.

Right side
dozen+ of displays(maybe half are mortal kombat)
3 boxes of various junk i have to go thru
large container full of letters, cards, comics, posters, and free take one stuff, and more. All gaming related.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:10:29 PM by Izret101 » Logged

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »

I just realized I have "64"  Nintendo 64 games.  Smiley   laugh    Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length