RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 09:08:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The Collection Diary 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: The Collection Diary  (Read 20233 times)
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2008, 09:41:48 AM »

That was really nice of you to do that.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »

Very nice thing you did James.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2008, 01:57:56 PM »

I've managed to get all my SMS and Sega CD games on shelves. The SMS games are double stacked and vertical (both of which I hate, but at least they're off the floor) and I had to re-arrange everything in my "valuable" display case and put the SCD games in there, and they just barely fit. And my PS2 shelves are full, so that's going to be a problem soon.
I think I'm going to make a "sacrifice" for the aesthetics of the room and lay the system boxes down instead of displaying the fronts of them, and then using that space for a couple more game shelves. And I think things like the Aura Interactor and extra N64 and SNES boxes are going to go away for a while. But that takes a lot of time, something I don't have right now, so it'll have to wait.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »

^At least you have a grasp on your collection.  All my stuff is tucked into containers, boxes and such. 

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »

It sounded like a good cause so I decided to help him out by sending him PGR3 and Forza 2. Cheesy They aren't worth a huge amount now but I thought he would be able to make some use of them with something to get him started.
That's a very nice thing you did there James. Smiley
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »

That was very generous of you James.  Just goes to show that there are still some nice people left in this world.
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »

I might be getting an Atari 800 computer soon. Now I already have a number of Atari 8-bit computer games and an XEGS to play them on, but I was attracted by the 800's styling and so I decided to pick one up. Plus if I come across a game that's incompatible with my XEGS, then I'll just turn to the 800.
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2008, 08:16:53 PM »

^At least you have a grasp on your collection.   
Yeah I guess that's true. But for someone who doesn't really play games a whole lot, if I can't display the games and enjoy them aesthetically, there's no point in having them at all. So when I first started collected I told myself that if I ever had to box stuff up just to have it, then there's no point in having it at all. That's the same reason I completely quit buying records and have contemplated selling my collection completely. I just ran out of room and I can't even get to them let alone listen to them.

And I think I managed to fix a majority of my space issues. I ended laying the system boxes down and stacking them on top of each for the most part, and now I'm going to add a row or two of shelves above the main TV (which was devoted to system boxes). I'm putting the PS2 games and maybe Sega CD and Saturn games there.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2008, 03:24:18 PM »

Finally got around to organizing my room/collection.  There were about 2-3 months (probably at least 150-200 games and quite a few consoles) worth of stuff just lying on my floor.  Now it is easier to find a game that I want, and it looks soooo much better.  I'll try to take pics soon.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »

^Looking forward to the pics.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »

I spent about 2 hours a few days ago with a big bottle of Goof Off and cleaned off  1 360, 4 playstation, 4 xbox, and about 20 gamecube games of stickers, sticker residue or other gross things. Now they look incredible. I almost wish I took before and after pictures of a few of them, it really made a big difference.

When I get the drive to clean some stuff again i've got quite a few carts that need some polish now.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »

I spent about 2 hours a few days ago with a big bottle of Goof Off and cleaned off  1 360, 4 playstation, 4 xbox, and about 20 gamecube games of stickers, sticker residue or other gross things. Now they look incredible. I almost wish I took before and after pictures of a few of them, it really made a big difference.

When I get the drive to clean some stuff again i've got quite a few carts that need some polish now.

i need to do this but never have time, hopefully i can spare a few hours and get it done.

NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »

I think I've got my game storage problems under control (for now anyway) by building two new shelves and re-arranging the system boxes. Basically I had a wall of system boxes above the main TV, I took them all down, some I laid flat on one shelf, others I displayed upright and others I put in the closet. Then I put up two new shelves on top of what was holding the system boxes for my PS2, Saturn, and Sega CD games. Then put some random stuff on top of that. I think it turned out pretty good.
The "before" was essentially what is shown in my collection folder, just a different TV and a few more boxes.
The "after":[img width=700 height=524]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/Mike_2_0_0_6/DSCN0661-1.jpg[/img]
I didn't stain the shelves, but I plan to once the weather gets warm again, it's just too cold to do it now.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »

Looks great, NES_Rules! Smiley
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »