RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:19:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | comments not showing up 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: comments not showing up  (Read 2794 times)
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »

Hi,

I searched to see if this is a known error and didn't find anything. The comments for collection doesn't seem to be showing up but in the edit part. Like if you want to print out a checklist with collection entered, etc.

When you read and understand the work of a world's leading expert, you can become the world's second leading expert.
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:23:19 PM »

While viewing your collection you can select "Detailed View" to display your comments, the default "Simple View" doesn't show them.  It's on the very right end of the Quick Navigation bar.

EDIT:
Nevermind I see what you are saying the comments don't show up on the checklists.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 11:27:13 PM by bum-man » Logged

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »

Thanks for that, is there an option I have to click for them to show up in the comment part for the printable checklist? Because that's still not working or is that to write stuff down manually?

When you read and understand the work of a world's leading expert, you can become the world's second leading expert.
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »

The comments should display in the checklist.  Trader Jake will have to take a look at the code and fix that up.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »

Yeah, I seen your edit after my post refreshed, thanks for clearing that up.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:20:39 AM »

The comment box in the pdf checklists does not reflect your collection comments. The nature of pdf generation does not allow for such a feature.

Unfortunately, I can't say that we'll ever integrate such a feature. Perhaps down the road, but not at this time.

Hello World.
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »

Ok, thanks.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »

My bad, sorry for misleading you!!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »

This is in reference to the topic.  I don't know when this happened.  I assume it was diring the server switch but every single comment is showing an A with a little symbol up above this.  All the comments I made except for one for the NES is correct (It doesn't show the A with the symbol above it, it shows what I actually typed.)  The symbol with the A is even showing up for games I didn't leave a comment.  Please look into this and fix it.  Thanks Dave!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »

This is in reference to the topic.  I don't know when this happened.  I assume it was diring the server switch but every single comment is showing an A with a little symbol up above this.  All the comments I made except for one for the NES is correct (It doesn't show the A with the symbol above it, it shows what I actually typed.)  The symbol with the A is even showing up for games I didn't leave a comment.  Please look into this and fix it.  Thanks Dave!
I'm getting the  too. Except it's on games that I don't have comments, some have have it but most don't. And appears to be mostly on my Gamecube games.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »

It's a text type conversion issue.  None of your comments should be deleted, just some of them might have that weird A symbol in them.  We should be able to fix it by changing the database type.  I'll consult with TraderJake and see if we can get this fixed.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »

Any idea when this will be fixed?  Thanks.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »

I did a blanket remove of that character, as it shouldn't exist period. I apologize to anyone who purposefully had that character in their notes, but I don't think many, if any people did.

Hello World.
Tan
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 03:35:08 PM »

I did a blanket remove of that character, as it shouldn't exist period. I apologize to anyone who purposefully had that character in their notes, but I don't think many, if any people did.

Any chance the blogs and game overviews and such can easily be cleaned up too?  Tongue
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »

Yup, Dave figured out how to do it.  I looked into it a while back and couldn't find out how to do it.  Guess it helps to have two pairs of eyes!

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length