RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:29:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Errors in database 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Errors in database  (Read 1118 times)
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »

What is the best way to post errors in the database in the forum or submit part of the site? Example...

King's Quest VIII, it's titled VII in the database

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-016-S-11050-A

When you read and understand the work of a world's leading expert, you can become the world's second leading expert.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »

Any edits to the database are done via Submit Page Edit, via the submit info script:

Submit Info

Hello World.
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »

Hi, another question that I don't see the answer in the submit FAQ, I have a game in the database but it's a variation, it's thexder for the PC but mine comes on CD-Rom and was released in 1995. I tried to post the variation but I received the error that it's already in the database but I am not seeing it anywhere, in that situation should you add it as a new title?

When you read and understand the work of a world's leading expert, you can become the world's second leading expert.
Tan
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »

The idea is that the script doesn't allow 2 similarly named titles for any system to prevent duplicates. So to add a variation, you have to differentiate the title somehow. Here's an example of what I mean:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-016-S-06560-A

and

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-016-S-06560-B

So the best way to differentiate the 1995 Thexder from the 1987 one is to add the year 1995 to the variation title when filling out the form. Smiley
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

Thanks

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length