RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 05:32:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Widescreen TVs with classic games? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Widescreen TVs with classic games?  (Read 1083 times)
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« on: December 25, 2007, 06:29:45 PM »

I'll admit... I know next to nothing about Widescreen TVs. If you play older games, like NES games, are then going to be stretched looking, or will it make the viewing area the size/shape it's supposed to be, with the extra TV space just doing nothing?

Oh, and Happy Holidays!

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:29:35 PM »

Actually the left and right sides are just black like the top and bottom of the screen when you watch a wide screen movie on a full size screen.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:04:57 AM »

If you have the TV's settings correct, it will windowbox the picture. If not it will stretch it out or zoom in. Most of the time the factory default settings are for it to fill the whole screen.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:48:44 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply, glad to know that there are settings to fix what I thought would be a problem.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 10:35:19 AM »

I should have mentioned this my original post, but the settings you want to look for are something along the lines of ratio, aspect ratio, screen mode, or display mode and set it to standard, 4:3, or whatever it may be called on your tv.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length