RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 04:22:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816882 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5610 on: June 18, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/VdS0NZx.jpg?1[/img]
This is the music/games section of the Goodwill close to me I went to check out. I dug out the games up against the wall there. (there were no games inside other than the PC games) All VHS tapes were a dollar. Never going there again.

What, you're going to leave poor Cooking Mama buried there?
Also, you now officially have 10x as many games visible there as my Goodwill has.

If either of you are ever in my neck of the woods, and you have an entire day to kill-- preferably Tuesday-- I'll take you on one of my all-day thrift-crawls. You'll be spoiled rotten.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5611 on: June 18, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »

This is the music/games section of the Goodwill close to me I went to check out. I dug out the games up against the wall there. (there were no games inside other than the PC games) All VHS tapes were a dollar. Never going there again.

Also, you now officially have 10x as many games visible there as my Goodwill has.

If either of you are ever in my neck of the woods, and you have an entire day to kill-- preferably Tuesday-- I'll take you on one of my all-day thrift-crawls. You'll be spoiled rotten.

Not izret though.

Cry

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5612 on: June 18, 2014, 04:38:21 PM »

Not izret though.

:'(

I figured the Wielder of the Mighty RFG Banhammer wouldn't need my help.

Was I wrong in assuming this?
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5613 on: June 18, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »

Apparently my step sister might be on "Inside Combat Rescue" tonight on Nat Geo.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5614 on: June 18, 2014, 11:38:31 PM »

Say what you will, I still think that store was a dump. It even smelled funny too. I don't want to go down there just to see loose discs scraping the bottom of a container and broken cases with no games in them (obviously stolen) all averaging 5 bucks a piece. I had a better time looking at the staff's Miis in Streetpass, honestly. I might go down there in a year or so to see if they got their shit together though.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5615 on: June 19, 2014, 12:48:08 AM »

They have a Goodwill Outlet World near my parent's house. You want to talk about smells? The place IS literally a dump...They have medical latex gloves, face-masks, and hand sanitizers next to the carts you can take to use, (you WILL need them). They roll out all the stuff the other Goodwill stores in the Denver metro area couldn't sell during the half-off/$0.99 colored tag sales in giant dumpsters divided by clothing, electronics, toys, and misc., and let customers pick through it all. They rotate stock on the hour, and I have seen people fistfight over proper real estate next to the newest bin before they unlock the padlock and open the dumpster. Regulars camp out with their kids all day long hoarding cart after cart. (I have seen parents sanction off corners of the stores with makeshift tents to house the kids while they shop.) You then buy it by the pound when you finish. $1.49/lb for less than 20 pounds, $0.99/lb for 20-50 pounds, and $0.79/lb for more than 50. I have witnessed people loading multiple carts into u-hauls and trailers to the brim with clothes and other valuables to probably take it to other states or Mexico to resell. (No joke, I have seen Mexican plates on some of these vehicles.)

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5616 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:54 AM »

Speaking of spammers, my hosting provider froze my account for using too many resources last week. I found out a forum I created around 2007, which no one ever really joined, had over 150,000 topics created by spamming bots….wow.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5617 on: June 19, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »

Speaking of spammers, my hosting provider froze my account for using too many resources last week. I found out a forum I created around 2007, which no one ever really joined, had over 150,000 topics created by spamming bots….wow.

LOL

Starting my first "my kid is out of school" summer. I already have the distinct impression it is going to be horrendous. If i can keep a minimum of 30 hours a week i will have a portion of one weeks pay every month that is not dedicated directly to bills that only exist so that i can work. The other 3+weeks of pay each month will be going to car expenses and summer camp.

Responsibility sucks. (EDIT Starts ~1:30 in when Robin pulls the hair off his face.)

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5618 on: June 21, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »

Anthony, this is NOT a Sega game (note the Part #):
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-044-S-06170-A

Part #:   T-36066

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5619 on: June 21, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-040-S-05990-A
?

I call hacks.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5620 on: June 23, 2014, 10:02:27 PM »

I wonder where Game Dave went? I rather enjoyed his blogs for his YouTube videos. I sure hope he wasn't scared away by something... or someone... on this site.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5621 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:54 PM »

My internet connection at home is down, and won't be fixed until Friday afternoon at soonest. I'm presently posting from a nearby Starbucks. I hope you can forgive me for not being as talkative as i normally am...
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5622 on: June 25, 2014, 09:17:25 PM »

I would have forgiven you, except for the fact that you went to a Starbucks.

Psh.  Conformist.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5623 on: June 25, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »

Shoulda gone to McDonalds instead.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5624 on: June 25, 2014, 11:44:46 PM »

He's obviously not lovin it.

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length