RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2024, 06:13:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 817303 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5400 on: December 26, 2013, 05:21:53 PM »

I still don't understand why I can't change my customizable title. Did someone turn that feature off?

Donor-only feature. Not sure why it broke a long time ago, but I enabled it for donors. You've been here long enough to have at least earned that Leon, so I've added you to the donor group so you can be an "honorary" RFGentleman and modify your custom title. Merry Christmas. Grin

Well come to think of it I did give Eddie five bucks for a site fund drive at a LAN party once, long ago. Regular Andrew Carnagie I am. Tongue

I always preferred my mass of stars and king status.

EDIT:
Minor history lesson. Oldest active site members on the forums, based on member ID:
den68: 7
Bad Enough Dude: 11
Sauza12: 16
Izret101: 45
ApolloBoy: 60

I believe i was the first person to join who was not already automatically carried over from/ a member of VGB.

If memory serves i found the site while i was looking up information on RF Adapters/Shielding lol
It had only been "officially" opened to the public <24 hours.

Oldest post:
lalalala, first thread! *does the happy dance*

That origin story is AWESOME.

I was the sites first pariah.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5401 on: December 26, 2013, 06:33:38 PM »

Hey now,

I wish it were only a "money" issue to hosting new collections like Strategy Guides and Arcade. It's honestly just more "support", since we would need to ensure that those databases were filled out and devoted the same amount of love as the others. Hardware, in its currently state, is only half implemented and honestly a bear to deal with, and the software database STILL have extremely LARGE holes in it. If we had more staff, I'd certainly toss it on my plate to implement.

I figured it was more a time and manpower thing than anything else. Still, I'm surprised no one's pushed for a donation drive yet. Well, at least you brought up a different venue for the strategy guides. Even if it's far from perfect, it's better than nothing...

'Late
While we normally have the donation drive during the Christmas season, I've postponed it until we figure out the lag issues with the site. It just doesn't seem right to be asking people for money until we have things running normally. And since so many people were so generous last year, we have enough banked to last us a little while longer than usual.
That being said, the Donate button does work all year...

We're looking "normal" right now. I'll keep an eye on it and see what's happening next time it comes up.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #5402 on: December 26, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »

Minor history lesson. Oldest active site members on the forums, based on member ID:
den68: 7
Bad Enough Dude: 11
Sauza12: 16
Izret101: 45
ApolloBoy: 60

Wow. I'm curious who will outlast who between Den and I. Proud to be on this list, none the less.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5403 on: December 31, 2013, 06:04:26 PM »

Happy New Year.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5404 on: December 31, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »

DID MY WISHES COME TRUE?!?!  IS THE SITE WORKING NORMALLY AGAIN???

YESSSSSS.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5405 on: January 01, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »

James Avery has passed away. RIP Uncle Phil and the Shredder.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5406 on: January 02, 2014, 05:27:23 PM »

I never noticed he did the voice for Shredder, now I'll never be able to watch a Turtles episode without picturing Uncle Phil.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5407 on: January 02, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »

I never noticed he did the voice for Shredder, now I'll never be able to watch a Turtles episode without picturing Uncle Phil.

Youtube doesn't make it much better.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5408 on: January 05, 2014, 09:24:32 PM »

Starting a gig working for the local museum center for about six weeks. Been raining all day, now it's going to drop 30 degrees to subzero temps, roads are going to be a mess tomorrow and I work at 8...blech

When shall his new form be revealed?
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5409 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »

Another Grayskull and prep for a dental crown tomorrow.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5410 on: January 13, 2014, 09:28:23 PM »

stop eating pixie sticks for breakfast.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5411 on: January 13, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »

stop eating pixie sticks for breakfast.

Don't judge me!

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5412 on: January 18, 2014, 06:52:11 PM »

Bought a new vacuum off amazon. Girlfriend won't stop sweeping everything.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5413 on: January 18, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »

A very odd day for me today. It started with one of my favorite local dining establishments practically burning to the ground, and continued with my encountering crazies at or outside each of the half-dozen thrifts I hit, the last requiring police intervention.

On the upside: Along with several other coworkers, I volunteered to meet the CEO of the grocery chain I work for later this week. I have a few ideas I hope to float by him when the big day comes...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5414 on: January 19, 2014, 10:12:56 AM »

A very odd day for me today. It started with one of my favorite local dining establishments practically burning to the ground, and continued with my encountering crazies at or outside each of the half-dozen thrifts I hit, the last requiring police intervention.

On the upside: Along with several other coworkers, I volunteered to meet the CEO of the grocery chain I work for later this week. I have a few ideas I hope to float by him when the big day comes...

Yeah that never works. They just shake your hand and smile blankly, they wouldn't hear a word you say.

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length