RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2024, 06:17:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 817316 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5385 on: December 22, 2013, 01:38:50 PM »

I have to say that the unstable site performance has made me spent less time here than I usually would. That and all the university work I had this past month.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5386 on: December 22, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »

Got 11 inches or 28 centimeters of snow throughout yesterday and the night. We've spent all day shoveling and clearing our street off since the city never cares about residential streets.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5387 on: December 23, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »

Got 11 inches or 28 centimeters of snow throughout yesterday and the night. We've spent all day shoveling and clearing our street off since the city never cares about residential streets.

We would have had about 5 feet of snow if it wasn't 65 degrees. Instead we got solstice Thunderstorms...

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5388 on: December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM »

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Side note:

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5389 on: December 25, 2013, 12:09:41 AM »

I've spent most of my night sorting out the errors on Shelfari for my strategy guides. How hard is it to sort out editions and title names when you have ISBNs, and why can't they link their photos on Amazon -> Shelfari? They link Shelfari -> Amazon... I'm not even trying to correct information on them, as I took an attempt at a couple books almost a year ago and the "Shelfari Librarians" still haven't looked at the edits.  Angry

Mental note:
We'd become the #1 authority in Strategy Guides overnight if we decided to do it.

EDIT: Reminder: Leon, time for a name change.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:43:16 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5390 on: December 25, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »

I've spent most of my night sorting out the errors on Shelfari for my strategy guides. How hard is it to sort out editions and title names when you have ISBNs, and why can't they link their photos on Amazon -> Shelfari? They link Shelfari -> Amazon... I'm not even trying to correct information on them, as I took an attempt at a couple books almost a year ago and the "Shelfari Librarians" still haven't looked at the edits.  Angry

Mental note:
We'd become the #1 authority in Strategy Guides overnight if we decided to do it.

EDIT: Reminder: Leon, time for a name change.

ON IT

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5391 on: December 25, 2013, 08:59:50 PM »

I still don't understand why I can't change my customizable title. Did someone turn that feature off?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5392 on: December 25, 2013, 09:47:03 PM »

After eight and a half years, and 0.321 posts per day, I've just rolled over the 4 digit mark on the 'ol post counter.

1000 posts. I was only at a couple hundred two years ago. Made a bigger effort to be active on the forums after the site had the Big Hiccup. When things got back to normal I wanted to help make sure there was activity on the forums here. Did it pay off? Were you guys slightly more entertained and informed?

[img width=306 height=262]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7397/11557649173_61051e27bc_o.jpg[/img]

[img width=338 height=270]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7311/11557618125_e52552cf4b_o.jpg[/img]

Now what do I do with myself? It's like I'm some weird old timer....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:49:20 PM by nupoile » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5393 on: December 25, 2013, 10:14:41 PM »

8 and a half years, wow, is the site even that old? your presence has definitely added to the community, between the calculator banter with 'norch and the book posts with me i've been entertained.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5394 on: December 25, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »

Mental note:

Maybe you could make that a selling point for the next RF Generation donation drive. You know, if you reach a certain amount in donations, then...  Wink

After eight and a half years, and 0.321 posts per day, I've just rolled over the 4 digit mark on the 'ol post counter.

1000 posts. I was only at a couple hundred two years ago. Made a bigger effort to be active on the forums after the site had the Big Hiccup. When things got back to normal I wanted to help make sure there was activity on the forums here. Did it pay off? Were you guys slightly more entertained and informed?

Congrats, big guy.

Time to celebrate:

[img width=90 height=110]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/DaNupes_zpsfbd464b4.gif[/img]

Now maybe you should go for quantity over quality, big time. You should challenge Izret101 for the most forum posts. Make a new year's resolution to get up to 20,000 posts by the end of the year. You can cheaply pad our post totals by constantly responding to the Word Association and 3 Word Story threads. Constantly throw a bunch of stuff up on the Random Photo/Video/GIF threads every day.

BTW wait 'till you hit 1337 posts...

8 and a half years, wow, is the site even that old? your presence has definitely added to the community, between the calculator banter with 'norch and the book posts with me i've been entertained.

2014 is RF Generation's tenth anniversary year.

Hmmm... "RF Gen at 10"... I kinda like the sound of that.

'Late
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5395 on: December 26, 2013, 12:53:30 AM »

I still don't understand why I can't change my customizable title. Did someone turn that feature off?

Donor-only feature. Not sure why it broke a long time ago, but I enabled it for donors. You've been here long enough to have at least earned that Leon, so I've added you to the donor group so you can be an "honorary" RFGentleman and modify your custom title. Merry Christmas. Grin

Mental note:

Maybe you could make that a selling point for the next RF Generation donation drive. You know, if you reach a certain amount in donations, then...  Wink

Congrats, big guy.

Time to celebrate:

[img width=90 height=110]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/DaNupes_zpsfbd464b4.gif[/img]

Now maybe you should go for quantity over quality, big time. You should challenge Izret101 for the most forum posts. Make a new year's resolution to get up to 20,000 posts by the end of the year. You can cheaply pad our post totals by constantly responding to the Word Association and 3 Word Story threads. Constantly throw a bunch of stuff up on the Random Photo/Video/GIF threads every day.

BTW wait 'till you hit 1337 posts...

2014 is RF Generation's tenth anniversary year.

Hmmm... "RF Gen at 10"... I kinda like the sound of that.

'Late

Indeed, I've heard it's RFGen's 10th Anniversary next June. I've heard certain people have plans...
I wish it were only a "money" issue to hosting new collections like Strategy Guides and Arcade. It's honestly just more "support", since we would need to ensure that those databases were filled out and devoted the same amount of love as the others. Hardware, in its currently state, is only half implemented and honestly a bear to deal with, and the software database STILL have extremely LARGE holes in it. If we had more staff, I'd certainly toss it on my plate to implement.

EDIT:
Minor history lesson. Oldest active site members on the forums, based on member ID:
den68: 7
Bad Enough Dude: 11
Sauza12: 16
Izret101: 45
ApolloBoy: 60
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:04:25 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5396 on: December 26, 2013, 08:29:53 AM »

Hey now,

I wish it were only a "money" issue to hosting new collections like Strategy Guides and Arcade. It's honestly just more "support", since we would need to ensure that those databases were filled out and devoted the same amount of love as the others. Hardware, in its currently state, is only half implemented and honestly a bear to deal with, and the software database STILL have extremely LARGE holes in it. If we had more staff, I'd certainly toss it on my plate to implement.

I figured it was more a time and manpower thing than anything else. Still, I'm surprised no one's pushed for a donation drive yet. Well, at least you brought up a different venue for the strategy guides. Even if it's far from perfect, it's better than nothing...

'Late
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5397 on: December 26, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »

EDIT:
Minor history lesson. Oldest active site members on the forums, based on member ID:

I believe i was the first person to join who was not already automatically carried over from/ a member of VGB.

If memory serves i found the site while i was looking up information on RF Adapters/Shielding lol
It had only been "officially" opened to the public <24 hours.

Oldest post:
lalalala, first thread! *does the happy dance*

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5398 on: December 26, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »

Donor-only feature. Not sure why it broke a long time ago, but I enabled it for donors. You've been here long enough to have at least earned that Leon, so I've added you to the donor group so you can be an "honorary" RFGentleman and modify your custom title. Merry Christmas. Grin

Well come to think of it I did give Eddie five bucks for a site fund drive at a LAN party once, long ago. Regular Andrew Carnagie I am. Tongue

I always preferred my mass of stars and king status.

EDIT:

I believe i was the first person to join who was not already automatically carried over from/ a member of VGB.

If memory serves i found the site while i was looking up information on RF Adapters/Shielding lol
It had only been "officially" opened to the public <24 hours.

Oldest post:
lalalala, first thread! *does the happy dance*

That origin story is AWESOME.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5399 on: December 26, 2013, 02:01:17 PM »

Hey now,

I figured it was more a time and manpower thing than anything else. Still, I'm surprised no one's pushed for a donation drive yet. Well, at least you brought up a different venue for the strategy guides. Even if it's far from perfect, it's better than nothing...

'Late
While we normally have the donation drive during the Christmas season, I've postponed it until we figure out the lag issues with the site. It just doesn't seem right to be asking people for money until we have things running normally. And since so many people were so generous last year, we have enough banked to last us a little while longer than usual.
That being said, the Donate button does work all year...

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length