RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2024, 06:30:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 817760 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5220 on: August 31, 2013, 06:55:39 AM »

Moving on i spy a toaster oven!

And I spy something you can toast in the toaster oven!

No, not the Captain Morgan. Good Lord, you really do have a drinking problem.

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5221 on: August 31, 2013, 04:30:37 PM »

Been told by my partner to sell my motorbike Sad and to buy something much faster and sportier Cheesy   Time to go Ducati hunting  Grin

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5222 on: August 31, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »

We went to dinner with my grandma and Uncle tonight and had to wait like two and a half hours for a table to get some meh Italian food. So, dinner that should have taken an hour took four...

Wheeee

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5223 on: September 01, 2013, 06:03:37 PM »

sometimes the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reminds me of Family Guy with the unrelated tangents it goes off on. i love this one:

He picked up the letter Q {from a scrabble game} and hurled it into a distant privet bush where it hit a young rabbit. The rabbit hurtled off in terror and didn't stop till it was set upon and eaten by a fox which choked on one of its bones and died on the bank of a stream which subsequently washed it away.

During the following weeks Ford Prefect swallowed his pride and struck up a relationship with a girl who had been a personnel officer on Golgafrinchan, and he was terribly upset when she suddenly passed away as a result of drinking water from a pool that had been polluted by the body of a dead fox. The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #5224 on: September 04, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »

Getting a cold when you have heart problems makes the cold 15x worse. Been sick for a few days and only eaten a poptart.
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5225 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:57 PM »

Getting a cold when you have heart problems makes the cold 15x worse. Been sick for a few days and only eaten a poptart.

I prescribe large quantities of alcohol, on a unrelated note just been thinking how much I would love to torch the office I work at.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5226 on: September 04, 2013, 07:43:48 PM »

I prescribe large quantities of alcohol, on a unrelated note just been thinking how much I would love to torch the office I work at.

What's wrong with it? The wallpaper or the drapes?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5227 on: September 04, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »

The stapler and the printer.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5228 on: September 04, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »

http://youtu.be/7WWwSuW16Yg?t=13s
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5229 on: September 04, 2013, 09:30:17 PM »

sometimes the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reminds me of Family Guy with the unrelated tangents it goes off on. i love this one:

He picked up the letter Q {from a scrabble game} and hurled it into a distant privet bush where it hit a young rabbit. The rabbit hurtled off in terror and didn't stop till it was set upon and eaten by a fox which choked on one of its bones and died on the bank of a stream which subsequently washed it away.

During the following weeks Ford Prefect swallowed his pride and struck up a relationship with a girl who had been a personnel officer on Golgafrinchan, and he was terribly upset when she suddenly passed away as a result of drinking water from a pool that had been polluted by the body of a dead fox. The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.

If that passage is anything to go off of, then the Hitchhiker's Guide series is probably not for me. Maybe I'm just dumb, or I'm not British enough, but I didn't find that passage particularly amusing.

I'm sorry for being such a big disappointment to you...
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5230 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »

If that passage is anything to go off of, then the Hitchhiker's Guide series is probably not for me. Maybe I'm just dumb, or I'm not British enough, but I didn't find that passage particularly amusing.

You would have had to have been there.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5231 on: September 04, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »

You would have had to have been there.

what nupoile said, maybe it's funnier in context because that's sort of what the book does, it says something and then goes off for a few paragraphs on a tangent about it before coming back to what it originally was talking about.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5232 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »

While we're sharing book quotes here's one of my favorites from Sir Terry Pratchett.

“The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

This was the Captain Samuel Vimes 'Boots' theory of socioeconomic unfairness.”

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5233 on: September 04, 2013, 11:13:45 PM »

Hope you start feeling better soon.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5234 on: September 05, 2013, 12:29:53 AM »

You should really be eating lots of nutritious food. Body needs good stuff to get good, and even more of it when it's under attack.

This last time I had the flu I ate like a fiend instead of laying in bed starving myself like I usually do. Got over it four days when in the past it's lasted for weeks.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length