RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 04:16:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 818066 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5070 on: July 10, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »

Only a matter of time before the old folks start running through the streets and smashing fancy new fangled computer gambling machines state wide.
Yeah, because old people really hate gambling, especially slot machines...

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5071 on: July 10, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »

I saw this guy in town hauling this South Park pinball machine and now I really really want one.

[img width=495 height=800]http://www.libertygames.co.uk/images/1/products/1299_south-park-pinball.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5072 on: July 10, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »

^Have you played it?  It's actually a pretty fun machine.  I would love to own one as well.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5073 on: July 10, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »

I haven't played it. There are roughly 4 public pinball machines where I live. Occasionally I see somebody selling a private one, but this one wasn't listed anywhere locally so I'm not sure if it was a backdoor private sale or if it was listed in the newspaper I never read.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5074 on: July 10, 2013, 02:06:57 PM »

Awesome dude, congrats.
Nice! Good job!
Congrats man!
Thanks!

You planning on getting another degree or advancing further?

What is "advancing further"?

Either way, I plan to do one more year of studying, which would net me another master's degree. Closely related to the one I have now, but it still seems totally worth it, to me. It's normally a 4-year degree, but because of the Master's degree I now have, I can skip the first 3 Bachelor years and immediately do the final Master's year. I essentially have to do 5 courses + another thesis. If I manage to do that, I'll have a Bachelor's degree and two Master's degrees by this time next year. After that I'll start working as I'll be 25.

That's what my wife essentially did as well. As for advancing further, I was referring to a Doctorate.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5075 on: July 10, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »

Only a matter of time before the old folks start running through the streets and smashing fancy new fangled computer gambling machines state wide.
Yeah, because old people really hate gambling, especially slot machines...

Since when am i supposed to use logic before posting something? :-P

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5076 on: July 10, 2013, 07:45:54 PM »

That's what my wife essentially did as well. As for advancing further, I was referring to a Doctorate.

Ah, I didn't know that it was called that. To be honest I'm not that familiar with starting a Doctorate. I do believe you have to be "asked" to do it, in most faculties (unsure about my own). I know it requires some type of grant/scholarship as you're paid to do it. It's not really something I've thought about - it being quite a big commitment while not being very clear how much benefit you'd get from a Doctorate degree in the job market. I know in some fields it can make you seem over-qualified.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5077 on: July 11, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »

Made a cool 10 bucks on my walk today. One of my job apps had a job at a CVS I walk by, went in took a few pics and was on my way.

Can't say the phone quite pays for itself, but it comes fairly close. I should tally up what I've made via apps.

When shall his new form be revealed?
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5078 on: July 11, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »

I'm calling in sick tomorrow.  It's been nearly a year, I'm allowed to call in once a year, right?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5079 on: July 11, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »

Need prep time for srge?
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5080 on: July 12, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »

Btw SirPsycho i love that south park machine.  I put quarters in that machine for hours when it was at my arcade.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5081 on: July 12, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »

I hate game of thrones

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5082 on: July 12, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »

Just for you Shrimp.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5083 on: July 12, 2013, 02:50:50 PM »

Lol thanks..... Its just slow and overacted.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5084 on: July 12, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »

I hate game of thrones

me too
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length