RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 08:21:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 828304 times)
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4560 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »

Not my favorite but its not bad either.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4561 on: January 28, 2013, 09:59:54 PM »

I think I hold the world record for the most booze brought into a house in a day without throwing a party.

My friend who works at a recycling plant gets all sorts of expired yet perfectly fine brews. Today he said to drop on by his place for some free beer he acquired. Little did I know he would give me 24 mini kegs of Heineken. Thats about 31 gallons of this beer. Their less than a month over expiration so their still good.

Just so you know, beer that is sealed and was bottled correctly won't ever 'go bad'. At least it won't become rancid or spoiled. The flavor profile will change over time, and a lower alcohol beer such as Heineken will change faster. At worst it will end up tasting like bitter water.

You will also need to keep it cool, or at least not hot. If you are storing beer you should not let it get warmer than 90 degrees or so. Other people might say 75, anyways, less is better.

I am not sure how mini kegs seal. If they seal like a pop can, you're good for ever. If they have a rubber or other kind of seal, you only have as long as the seal is good. Basically its the same as canned food.

This is completely hearsay  Tongue but I have heard of people having 20 year old Bud out of a can and not being able to tell the difference from fresh.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4562 on: January 28, 2013, 11:05:36 PM »

All of that Heineken.  drool drool drool drool
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4563 on: January 29, 2013, 12:13:38 AM »

Good beer, bad beer, what difference does it make after the first gallon?

Also, I once had a bottle of 15 year old beer. As soon as I popped the cap it spewed everywhere and kept going and going. It tasted revolting, but that might be because it was around 15% to start with. It was like watery Marmite.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4564 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:00 AM »

In a cruel twist of fate the Coleco Wikipedia page has this big menu at the bottom dedicated to the Atari 2600.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleco

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4565 on: January 29, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »

Wouldn't it be a cruel twist of fate if the Atari wikis had a huge Colecovision menu at the bottom of their pages?

It being at the bottom of the coleco page only seems logical since it stole the 2600 games not the other way around.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4566 on: January 30, 2013, 12:55:42 AM »

So where does that leave the Intellivision?

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4567 on: January 30, 2013, 01:03:26 PM »

AAA for some reason autorenewed even though i am pretty sure i let my coverage lapse last year... or even longer ago?
The first year i had it i used all 100 miles of towing on my first tow. It was 103 miles home. Initial tow to some smalltown shop was ~8 miles.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4568 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »

I was watching an episode of The Justice League, a giant insect broke out of the moon, which is apparently hollow, knocked out Superman and attacked earth. Superman regained consciousness laying on the surface of the sun. Superman wasn't able to defeat the creature so Apache Chief had to have the help of Atom Man to grow to thousands of miles tall so as to conquer the moon insect.

This is all simply ridiculous. The Justice League has jumped the shark.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4569 on: January 30, 2013, 11:51:25 PM »

So where does that leave the Intellivision?

At the bottom of some page about the Color Game TV. Don't ask me why.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4570 on: February 03, 2013, 11:04:06 PM »

Vodafone have finally sorted our internet connection after over 6 months of it dropping randomly! Hurrah!

And now Auckland is on a severe thunderstorm alert with 1-2 inches of rain per hour predicted. It's just cloudy so far.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4571 on: February 03, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »

I was watching an episode of The Justice League, a giant insect broke out of the moon, which is apparently hollow, knocked out Superman and attacked earth. Superman regained consciousness laying on the surface of the sun. Superman wasn't able to defeat the creature so Apache Chief had to have the help of Atom Man to grow to thousands of miles tall so as to conquer the moon insect.

This is all simply ridiculous. The Justice League has jumped the shark.

Ah yes, good ol' Super Friends. A paragon of corniness from the 70s and 80s from Hanna-Barbera. Did that one have the Wonder Twins Zan and Jana with their space monkey Gleek, or the two annoying teenagers with the caped dog?
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4572 on: February 04, 2013, 10:55:47 AM »

Set 2 alarms to make sure i would not get side tracked today and bid on an auction.
Looked at the page with six minutes left.... then started surfing other sites and came back when the auction had ended :-/

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4573 on: February 04, 2013, 11:31:34 PM »

I'm redoing my game room and I just got back in from spray painting a backing for a storage shelf I'm repurposing.  I don't think I ventilated my garage enough because I'm feeling a bit dizzy.  I guess I should've looked a bit harder for my mask.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4574 on: February 04, 2013, 11:38:25 PM »

There's a segment on this news channel about the resurgence of the GIF format.

Slow news day?
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length