RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2024, 04:25:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 826120 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4170 on: October 16, 2012, 03:27:59 PM »

Looks like someone has stolen my backpack with $6,000 worth of stuff in it from the office while everyone was working. Sad

How come you have a backpack with $6000 worth of stuff in it with you to work and then not look after it like a hawk? The crime is never justifiable (i.e. "she had it coming") but I do genuinly wonder.
I'm wondering what could fit in a backpack that would be worth $6000. I know I don't anything that would fit that description.

I'm just going to assume James is a coke mule.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4171 on: October 16, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »

Cell, laptop, camera, lenses for the camera.

I believe he mentioned breaking a legs worth a few hundred bucks a while back.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4172 on: October 17, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »

The camera was worth $4,000. It had a $1,000 laptop, Nintendo 3DS and a dozen games, and some other bits and pieces. The bag was worth $150.

I've had this bag for over four years and it's always been by my side wherever I go. I've always been very protective of it and it was hidden out of sight under a desk. You would have to go right into the office and get under the desk to see it. So I'm still in disbelief that it's been stolen but there's no other explanation. It's nowhere at work, not in the car, and not at home. I'm really hoping it will just turn up somewhere but I doubt it.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4173 on: October 17, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »

No CCTV at work?

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4174 on: October 17, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »

23 years ago today, Candlestick Park was momentarily renamed Wiggly Field.
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4175 on: October 19, 2012, 12:25:14 PM »

So, I got a job offer for a job that pays decently at least for my area. Keep in mind this is the only job offer I've gotten in two years. The only problem is it's an hour drive one way on a good day from where I live and relocation isn't an option. I'll probably take it but part of me still wants to hold out for a job in my town even if the pay is lower.

What would you do?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4176 on: October 19, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »

It depends on how much more the pay is.  I commute to school about 50 minutes to an hour and a half one way three days a week (unfortunately highways are not an option), and it can get extremely aggravating.  Over 2 hours of driving a day would definitely be cause for holding out for another job for me.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4177 on: October 20, 2012, 11:01:33 AM »

So, I got a job offer for a job that pays decently at least for my area. Keep in mind this is the only job offer I've gotten in two years. The only problem is it's an hour drive one way on a good day from where I live and relocation isn't an option. I'll probably take it but part of me still wants to hold out for a job in my town even if the pay is lower.

What would you do?
Can you just take the offered job until you find something closer? That's pretty much what I'm doing right now, I'm working a good 2 hours from home one way, but am still looking for work closer to home.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4178 on: October 20, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »

My last job was 3hours from home. Granted I have a different line of work. But it seems it is easier to find work when you are working.

Having been out of work for so long employers might pass you over just for being out of circulation. Or at least that's what I have heard on NPR when I was commuting...

Best of luck Smiley

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4179 on: October 21, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »

Thanks guys. I decided not to take the position. The distance and the nature of the work (warehouse) helped with my decision. Until  I find something closer to home I'll continue to be a stay-at-home-dad.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4180 on: October 22, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

That can be harder than actually working. I've done/do it.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4181 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »

Lots of work backed up. Customers asking if they can get their stuff earlier. Machines running well for once. Whole street has a power cut. Fuck. Sad
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4182 on: October 24, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »

this is typed from my xbox....... a novelty thats about 3 years too late

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4183 on: October 24, 2012, 06:01:20 PM »

this is typed from my xbox....... a novelty thats about 3 years too late

I was actually surprised how well the internet ran on it. Took forever to download and only a few minutes to stop using. 

On a weird not on my way home from work riding beside my truck was a man on a Harley motorcycle wearing a full out chicken suit with the head piece. As we got to a stoplight he started doing the chicken dance while waiting for the light to turn green. I laughed so damn hard at the total randomness of what I was seeing.  I not making this up.

[img width=325 height=471]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/chicken_suit_costume.jpg[/img]
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4184 on: October 24, 2012, 09:39:05 PM »

Bad news: my grandma died last night. Good news: job provides up to 5 bereavement days without using any of my allotted leave. Going to be a rough time.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length