RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 08:37:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 63 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816672 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4095 on: September 10, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »

I've always wanted to take a slinky and let it go down a escalator that's moving upward. In theory the momentum of the slinky should naturally move down a set of stars that move upward. Would the slinky technically make it to the bottom of the escalator or would it stay in place and "Slink" forever?

I would do it for real but I really don't want to destroy an escalator if the slinky gets jammed. 
It would depend on the speed of the escalator. If its going just the right speed, it should just continuously loop, but if its going to slow or fast the slinky will end up at the top or bottom.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4096 on: September 10, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »

I've always wanted to take a slinky and let it go down a escalator that's moving upward. In theory the momentum of the slinky should naturally move down a set of stars that move upward. Would the slinky technically make it to the bottom of the escalator or would it stay in place and "Slink" forever?

I would do it for real but I really don't want to destroy an escalator if the slinky gets jammed. 
It would depend on the speed of the escalator. If its going just the right speed, it should just continuously loop, but if its going to slow or fast the slinky will end up at the top or bottom.

I think it'd be neat to do that just to see how long it would take for the thing to end up at one end or the other of the escalator.

Then you could calculate an over-under time and place bets on it.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4097 on: September 10, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »

I think I'm gonna try it at my local mall since they have a large escalator. If mall security tells me to stop I'll tell them it for the good of science.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4098 on: September 10, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »

I think I'm gonna try it at my local mall since they have a large escalator. If mall security tells me to stop I'll tell them it for the good of science.

Don't forget your lab coat and clipboard; you want to appear credible after all.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4099 on: September 10, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »

Very true, I'll be sure to dress properly for the job.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4100 on: September 11, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »

I just signed up for a 2-week free trial of Hulu Plus.  There are still ads?  Guess I'm cancelling, then...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4101 on: September 11, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »

You could also tell 'em it's something you're required to do to renew your ASE certification.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4102 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »

You could also tell 'em it's something you're required to do to renew your ASE certification.

Those aren't due till November 2013. My ASE (Automotive Society of Engineers) takes a while to renew, like 3 years. My state certification's are due in January of each year.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:41:43 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4103 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

Those aren't due till November 2013. My ASE (Automotive Society of Engineers) takes a while to renew, like 3 years. My state certification's are due in January of each year. 

Wait, you're actually taking me seriously?

You really do need to lay off the Keystone Light...
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4104 on: September 11, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »

Wait, you're actually taking me seriously?

You really do need to lay off the Keystone Light...

Either you stalk me a lot online or just came up with some random certification that I just so happen to have. Kinda creepy...

Edit: OK never mind. Forgot I mentioned it in the whats your current job thread, also mentioned my Ex... kinda makes me feel pissed off reading that. Damn you have a good memory.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:05:46 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4105 on: September 11, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »

I just signed up for a 2-week free trial of Hulu Plus.  There are still ads?  Guess I'm cancelling, then...

Annoyingly for the console, yes.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4106 on: September 12, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »

Annoyingly for the console, yes.

I was considering keeping it, but the catalog hasn't really impressed me.  The video quality seems great, but the ads really put me off from keeping it.  Oh well, I didn't another monthly charge anyway.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4107 on: September 12, 2012, 01:29:35 PM »

We keep a box of cereal next to a box of dog biscuits in the cupboard. I got as far as pouring milk on my cereal before I realised it was not cereal. Sad
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4108 on: September 12, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »

We keep a box of cereal next to a box of dog biscuits in the cupboard. I got as far as pouring milk on my cereal before I realised it was not cereal. Sad

So you ate milky dog food for breakfast.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4109 on: September 12, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »

So, how was it?
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length