RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 02:21:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816341 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4020 on: August 01, 2012, 01:35:28 PM »

i don't know wat its like in other country's but in England you cant move without hearing about the sodding Olympics!!!!!

In Notengland you can't move without hearing about sodding Olympic embarrassments. I'm not sure if it's because they're scandalous or if it's because it's Britain and so there has to be something to poke holes in.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4021 on: August 01, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »

i don't know wat its like in other country's but in England you cant move without hearing about the sodding Olympics!!!!!

Gee, I wonder why that is?  Roll Eyes
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4022 on: August 01, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »

Because... huh... in England... oh boy, I know this one...

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4023 on: August 01, 2012, 05:54:19 PM »

In Notengland you can't move without hearing about sodding Olympic embarrassments. I'm not sure if it's because they're scandalous or if it's because it's Britain and so there has to be something to poke holes in.

The English seem to be a bunch of whiners (no offense), especially when it comes to themselves. I can't remember what news site it was (but it was from the UK, obviously) and the comments were all about how dreadful and embarassing the opening ceremony was. But most people outside the UK loved it.

In other news I've finally gotten to install the cooler on my motherboard. Shouldn't be too long until I'm running my own computer again.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:55:53 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4024 on: August 01, 2012, 06:55:07 PM »

I didn't see the opening. I heard an interview with a Brit(i believe he was an ambassador) who said it would definitely be different from the Chinese opening. "Whinge/whinging" was the word he used to describe how most people in England were acting in relation to the Olympics.

I later heard it was very British in the sense that it was dry and/or droll. As i said i did not see it myself though. If it followed the history of the games, which i also heard, it may have been interesting but not in a flashy short of way that everyone was hoping for.

Again i haven't seen them myself so i can only regurgitate what i have heard.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4025 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »

It's my only day off this week.  I feel like I'm up too early but I can't bring myself to go back to sleep and waste the day.  What should I do?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4026 on: August 02, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »

I didn't see the opening. I heard an interview with a Brit(i believe he was an ambassador) who said it would definitely be different from the Chinese opening. "Whinge/whinging" was the word he used to describe how most people in England were acting in relation to the Olympics.

I later heard it was very British in the sense that it was dry and/or droll. As i said i did not see it myself though. If it followed the history of the games, which i also heard, it may have been interesting but not in a flashy short of way that everyone was hoping for.

Again i haven't seen them myself so i can only regurgitate what i have heard.

I saw it live, streamed from BBC One. I heard from my roommate that NBC supposedly censored parts of the opening ceremony here in the US, and what was left mostly there to honor the director of broadcasting - otherwise, it would've been censored even more.

I thought it was a bit flashy and a bit too British, but it certainly had its moments. If I weren't up to speed on a lot of Britain's history, television and culture, I would've been completely lost though.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4027 on: August 02, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »

I dumped my Girlfriend today. As much as that sounds like its a bad thing I'm happy as hell right now. She keeps texting me but I'm not reading any of them. Tired of all the drama that comes from women. Looks like I'm a free man now, gonna be able to play my video games and just relax now... No more BS Smiley
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4028 on: August 02, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »

...the sodding Olympics!!!!!

Ooh! Olympic event involving the laying of sod?

[img width=400 height=271]http://www.megagro.com/assets/images/sod_install.jpg[/img]

That'd be an interesting event to consider, although I'm not seeing the appeal of it myself.

I imagine it'd be fairly well-received in certain regions, however.

Like, oh, I don't know...

...Alabama?

One big upside: the Olympic groundskeepers could finally get in on the medal-winning action...
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4029 on: August 02, 2012, 11:34:33 PM »

Stay classy, Taranaki.
LINK
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4030 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:34 PM »

Stay classy, Taranaki.
LINK

Ummm... yeah.

Well, I'm off to a trailer park somewhere in the American southeast.

With any luck, the aliens will spot me right away, and take me away from this planet.

FOREVER.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4031 on: August 04, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »

I think Waldo and Carmen Sandiego should get married. Their always lost.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4032 on: August 05, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »

I need to find a leather clad woman to administer my yearly spankings.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4033 on: August 05, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »

I need to find a leather clad woman to administer my yearly spankings.

Gee what a coincidence. You can have my Ex. Next time I see her I'm gonna scissor kick her in the lower abdomen. It will do her a favor.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4034 on: August 06, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »

Happy Nuke Day, everybody!

[img width=400 height=319]http://www.enolagay.org/images/index_center.jpg[/img]

Little Boy made Big Boom over Hiroshima 67 years ago today.

Fortunately, our former foes would quickly recover, and get their revenge by refining, mass-producing, and distributing the most addictive substance known to mankind: Electronic entertainment!

[img width=600 height=300]http://www.dpaddbags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/nintendo-2.jpg[/img]

[img width=200 height=200]http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/36995/capcom.jpg[/img]

[img width=292 height=172]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXfSrSujOj35LPFvIOsU5wZjVNSqoDkxRZwJqa5QcIAE0A4gzPeJ2puPjPtw[/img]

[img width=200 height=200]http://wellconnectedmom.com/blog/p-content/themes/atahualpa342/images/articles/2012/06/PlayStation-logo-black.jpg[/img]

ETC., ETC., and so on.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length