RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 12:19:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816223 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3990 on: July 24, 2012, 10:40:24 PM »

I'm amazed that people of the video game and internet age still don't use Google to learn some simple information.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3991 on: July 24, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »

I'm amazed that people of the video game and internet age still don't use Google to learn some simple information.

Pink Floyd said it best. We don't need no education. I was lied to as a child and told that Pluto was a planet. Good thing Google told me the truth.

The internet can be a lie too. I remember in college a classmate would always refer to Wikipedia for all his questions. I asked him about something he didn't know about and to look it up after lunch break. During that lunch break I altered the Wikipida page I told him to look information on. He came back to me and told me what he knew about the subject and I just laughed at him. I told him that the info he just learned was off the top of my head and that it was wrong.

And no I'm not joking one bit. The internet is not always your best source of information.

Oh as a side note why the hell does my spell checker tell me internet should always be capitalized. Am I the only one thats noticed that?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:33:46 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3992 on: July 25, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »

Oh as a side note why the hell does my spell checker tell me internet should always be capitalized. Am I the only one thats noticed that?

You're not the only one-- that happens whenever I type "Internet" in Word.

I think it's because spell-check treats it as a proper noun, rather than a common one.

Kinda like how a general "city" is uncapitalized, but a specific place like, say, "Houston" is capitalized.

Huh... looks like I've just outed myself as RF Generation's resident grammar Nazi.

BTW Wikipedia can be a decent place to start looking for info, but it should by no means be the only one. I prefer to take a good long look at a wiki entry's cited sources much more than the article itself. Of course, even then, you should take things stated in the cited sources with a grain of salt. This is, after all, the (capitalized) Internet, which is simultaneously the best and worst place to dig up info on just about anything and everything.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3993 on: July 25, 2012, 08:04:20 PM »

Well I just got back from my interview.

How is Mr. Phelps doing, anyway?  Grin

[img width=215 height=245]http://www.nndb.com/people/908/000025833/FredPhelps.jpg[/img]

So I got my new job. I start my training tomorrow and get the wonderful experience of staying with my very religious aunt while I'm up there.

Does that mean you're only allowed to play Wisdom Tree NES games, then?  Tongue
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3994 on: July 25, 2012, 08:59:34 PM »

Well my spell checking program must really hate the word internet. I should have been more specific, it first lists that the correct way is INTERNET. It's all capitalized for some reason.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/internet.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:07:18 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3995 on: July 25, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »

If "internet" were an acronym / initialism where each letter represented a word-- for example, FBI = Federal Bureau of investigation-- it would make sense for it to be in all caps.

Otherwise, it's basically telling you to do the internet Internet equivalent of shouting the word.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3996 on: July 25, 2012, 11:18:33 PM »

THANKS Mr. Zagnorch I'll be bright and early to class TOMORROW.  See people CAN teach you stuff on the INTERNET.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3997 on: July 26, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »

CAN = Consciously Answered Nicely

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3998 on: July 26, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »

The reason for your spell-checker to act like it does is because "Internet" really should be written with a capital I.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3999 on: July 26, 2012, 07:43:38 PM »

The reason for your spell-checker to act like it does is because "Internet" really should be written with a capital I.

Oh I understand that. It's just weird that the first suggestion is INTERNET, then followed by Internet. Just got a new PC today and it no longer does that anymore even if its in lowercase it wont spell check it now. Anyways moving on...
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4000 on: July 28, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »

tired........................ 

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4001 on: July 30, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »

The boards seem to have been a little quiet the last day or so. I thought I'd make some sort of extremely controversial statement to get everyone fired up.

*ahem*

"Green is a WAAAAY better color then blue. Suck it blue!!!!!1!!!!"

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4002 on: July 31, 2012, 08:24:38 AM »

"Green is a WAAAAY better color then blue. Suck it blue!!!!!1!!!!"

BURNT SIENNA FOR THE WIN, BITCHEZ!!!

Anyone who believes otherwise are the biggest Twilight fans ever!

(FYI: That's not a good thing)

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4003 on: July 31, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »

Screw you guys! Black is where its at.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4004 on: July 31, 2012, 09:20:23 AM »

BLUE RULES OVER ALL!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length