RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 10:33:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816177 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3960 on: July 18, 2012, 02:08:23 PM »

I am having a baby girl!

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3961 on: July 18, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »

Judging from the odor of the southerly winds, Gilroy has commenced its annual harvest.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3962 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:35 PM »

Well this is a little late. But its is true. Heat if formed by more than one element. It takes friction or combustion to release heat. Heat is not  the very bases of nature as hard as that is to believe to you guys that failed science class. It takes more than one source to create heat. That is !00% true. If only one element existed it would not create heat.  It needs an outside source to create heat. How the hell we exist is beyond me. How more than one element exists is beyond me also. Hell I don't know whats natural but heat isn't natural without something else. Pretty much over 99.9% of the universe is below sub zero.

To those of you who don't get it, one element is incapable of creating heat. You cannot argue with me about that.

On a side note if you want to know the meaning of life just watch Monte Pythons the Meaning of Life. That will explain it all.  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:44:54 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3963 on: July 19, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »

Good grief.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3964 on: July 19, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »

Heat is not  the very bases of nature as hard as that is to believe to you guys that failed science class. It takes more than one source to create heat. That is !00% true.

I don't want to get into a dick waving contest about science (I already have an organismic biology degree). You did forget to mention nuclear fusion and fission and how they are sources of heat flow as a byproduct of chemical reactions. Also that absolute zero is the absence of heat and exists at -273.15ºC or 0K. Nothing in nature (including the empty abyss of space) is absolute zero. Using nuclear fusion one element (hydrogen) is capable of producing heat flow as a byproduct and it forms helium in the process, thereby creating the 2nd element, this is what powers the natural formation called stars. I love how this is your response to my statement that cold is not defined in scientific terms, there's no reason to do so.

Anyway I have a job interview in Topeka tomorrow morning. If I get the job I'll actually be making use of my degree, testing water samples to keep an eye on microorganism populations and concentration of various precipitates and pollutants. So I'll basically be watching the base of the aquatic food chain to make sure that macro organisms higher up (fish, plants, snakes, and turtles) have a better chance of survival. I'll be testing reservoirs to make sure that nothing is out of the ordinary before city treatments.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3965 on: July 19, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »

I am having a baby girl!

Congratulations, sir!!

And I hope your job interview went well, sirpsycho.

For the record, I'm also a fan of the absence of heat.  Love living in the Northern USA.  And I envy CrabMaster and fellow RFGeners during summer.

Keelah se'lai
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3966 on: July 19, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »

@ sirpsycho the post should not have been dignified with such a through answer. Also I was under the impression that no where in the universe was absolute 0 because everything that is the universe is effected in some way by energy in the rest of the universe.

I suppose if the universe is truely expanding into absolute nothingness(which makes no sense to me... Not that the universe being constant makes any more sense to me...) absolute 0 could exist there before the universe expands into it. But since there is no time or space there yet there would be no heat or lack there of.

Its all relative?

The big questions are so confusing... I want to know what makes up the things that make up the stuff that makes up atoms. And to be on the safe side step it down one more time and let me know what makes up that. And why is there so much wasted space inside of everything on the cellular level and below?

Science is great Cheesy

EDIT
Misread your thing about absolute 0. Disregard that part of my post. I need a larger phone screen.... Or glasses :-/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:27:35 PM by Izret101 » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3967 on: July 19, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »

You wanna know about preons? (They make up quarks). I wish I could really tell you but I never got that far in physics, pretty much all I know about them is that they're still entirely hypothetical and have yet to be observed even through particle accelerators. So in this sense they're like the much talked about Higgs boson.

Anyway, in my reply I wanted to use this picture. But instead I decided that my favorite 3rd grade science teacher might help a bit better.

[img width=700 height=541]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3968 on: July 19, 2012, 11:34:10 PM »

Well this is a little late. But its is true. Heat if formed by more than one element. It takes friction or combustion to release heat. Heat is not  the very bases of nature as hard as that is to believe to you guys that failed science class. It takes more than one source to create heat. That is !00% true. If only one element existed it would not create heat.  It needs an outside source to create heat. How the hell we exist is beyond me. How more than one element exists is beyond me also. Hell I don't know whats natural but heat isn't natural without something else. Pretty much over 99.9% of the universe is below sub zero.

To those of you who don't get it, one element is incapable of creating heat. You cannot argue with me about that.

On a side note if you want to know the meaning of life just watch Monte Pythons the Meaning of Life. That will explain it all. 

[img width=375 height=375]http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz249/zibzib200/gifs/1158655197698fs0.gif[/img]

When shall his new form be revealed?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3969 on: July 20, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »

Well I just got back from my interview. It went well and I have a 2nd interview on Tuesday. After I went in and filled out the application and had the first interview I had about 3 hours to kill before I was supposed to call in and see if I would get the 2nd interview. So what did I do? Well I drove around looking for some new hunting ground! I didn't take any money with me on this first trip and just paid some bills so debit is pretty much out of the question on anything in bulk, I limited myself to absurdly cheap treasures.

My first stop was a Salvation Army just a couple blocks away, I found a pile of Xbox, PS1, and PS2 games, none really too interesting except the copy of Syphon Filter 3 sitting right on top. There was a pawn shop in the same shopping center so I checked it out, fair prices but the selection was pretty crappy. Next stop was a CD Tradepost I had been to before and thought I had found one of these absurdly cheap treasures. In the display I see a Tengen Tetris and at first glance at the price tag I thought it said $4.79, my eyes went wide and I did a double take. Nope... $47.99, partially obscured by the game next to it. Dammit.

I found an absolutely kickass 'flea market' store just a ways down the road. I knew this place was going to be awesome, there were neon beer signs sitting OUTSIDE after all! When I step inside I look around just to glance and see if I find any games, in the back of the store was a little gold mine. A pristine Final Fight cabinet was sitting right here, plugged in and turned on, I would have popped a quarter in and played a bit but right in front of it and blocking my way was a Donkey Kong table game, in pretty good shape as well. The finds don't stop there. I stumbled across a box filled with vintage Playboys and Penthouses, a true man's dream. I also had to use my fire hose so I go to this store's bathroom and there are more boxes in the lavatory! I can't aim and dig at the same time! This store is a man's true dream, but some of their prices were a bit high, and others were incredibly reasonable, perfect for haggling. I did see some games that I want to go back for in the very near future, a copy of Grandia III to get another PS2 RPG down, and Metroid Prime 1&2.

My next stop was another obvious 2nd hand store, but this was really out of the ordinary. They had some old megaphone speakers that were blasting many classic ragtime tunes, including but not limited to one of my favorites:

They had some creepy signs outside; the store was definitely giving off an old carnival vibe, clowns on the sign, even the name, Joyland. But I went in and it was like I was walking into a wet dream of 2nd hand stores. I found a huge stash of games in a glass display case near the front, spied a boxed Journey to Silius with my name on it. I also saw a couple boxed Game Gear games and 2 boxed 32X games that I'm definitely getting! Star Wars Arcade was on top, I couldn't see what was below it, there was a big animal cage between me and said Sega collection.

My last stop was Vintage Stock. I nerded out in here but didn't really find anything too noteworthy, sans a Saturn copy of Dark Seed 2. I'm planning on picking up some of their US Saturn games, mostly cheap sports games because quite a few of those Madden cases were damn near flawless!

When I go back on Tuesday I'm going to adventure further north and look for some territory up there.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3970 on: July 20, 2012, 04:03:31 PM »

why is almost all work so boring? why dont they invent a job that everyones happy with and it pay what can only be described as a shit load?

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3971 on: July 20, 2012, 06:39:06 PM »

why is almost all work so boring? why dont they invent a job that everyones happy with and it pay what can only be described as a shit load?

1. Start your own business
2. Make sure your business involves a product that does not yet exists
3. Market your product so everyone on earth wants to buy it
4. Profit
5. Retire and go golfing
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3972 on: July 20, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »

Gee guys I was just kidding. After all the forum topic is A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts. This thread is not exactly meant to be dead serious about things. Just to be funny and random. But I got a good laugh from some of your guys reaction. Its all in good fun.

P.S. Try not to take most of my stuff seriously. It may make your head explode Smiley
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3973 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »

Gee guys I was just kidding. After all the forum topic is A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts. This thread is not exactly meant to be dead serious about things. Just to be funny and random. But I got a good laugh from some of your guys reaction. Its all in good fun.

P.S. Try not to take most of my stuff seriously. It may make your head explode Smiley

If you're an avid Steam fan, does that make you a Steamer?
...and, now to see who responds to this first.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:39:26 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3974 on: July 20, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »

Respond... lol

Edit: I'm just being who I am... Weird. Thats all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:47:18 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length