RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 04:26:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 815911 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3855 on: May 07, 2012, 04:22:07 AM »

Day 6: I have convinced myself there is a Slenderman-like figure standing in the corner of my room. Fuck.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3856 on: May 07, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »

Please post your full name so when they make the movie based on true events we can all go see it. Thanks.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3857 on: May 07, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »

Saw this in a thread I was reading on another forum (on the subject of texting while driving):

Quote from: Zarathustra
On average just over 40,000 people die every year in America due to traffic accidents.

This is almost 14 times more than the number of people who died on 9/11.

We were willing to go to war over 9/11.

Where's the war on traffic deaths?

A death is a death, is it not? Why do we give terrorists special treatment?
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3858 on: May 07, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »

Saw this in a thread I was reading on another forum (on the subject of texting while driving):

Quote from: Zarathustra
On average just over 40,000 people die every year in America due to traffic accidents.

This is almost 14 times more than the number of people who died on 9/11.

We were willing to go to war over 9/11.

Where's the war on traffic deaths?

A death is a death, is it not? Why do we give terrorists special treatment?

Everyone who has ever had water to drink has ever died. WAR ON DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3859 on: May 07, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »

Everyone who has ever had water to drink has ever died. WAR ON DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

I know you're joking, but it's an interesting statistic, no?
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3860 on: May 07, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »

Just the type of ridiculous extrapolation that people make. As soon as some sort of correlation is found with something, no matter how little, it's now time to ban or regulate it. Except alcohol. Because there's no correlation between alcohol and drunk driving accidents.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3861 on: May 07, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »

Bickman raises the real threat. Traffic is a non issue.

Seriously check out this site
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3862 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »

Just the type of ridiculous extrapolation that people make. As soon as some sort of correlation is found with something, no matter how little, it's now time to ban or regulate it. Except alcohol. Because there's no correlation between alcohol and drunk driving accidents.

Alright, don't take it too seriously. It came from a long thread on texting while driving (or doing anything while driving) and how that's dangerous. The quote came from a post on like page 4 of the thread. I didn't mean it was the #1 cause of driving accidents. Oh and it was from a forum with mostly American members, which is why it mentions the US and not another country.

But IF there are so many people killed in driving accidents, wouldn't it be interesting to campaign more to make the public aware of the dangers of all the things that increase the risk of having an accident.

By the way, you say "little to no correlation" but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that doing something like texting or putting on makeup while driving makes you less aware of your surroundings. I didn't say anything about alcohol. Of course drink driving is just as bad.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3863 on: May 07, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »

Alright, don't take it too seriously. It came from a long thread on texting while driving (or doing anything while driving) and how that's dangerous. The quote came from a post on like page 4 of the thread. I didn't mean it was the #1 cause of driving accidents. Oh and it was from a forum with mostly American members, which is why it mentions the US and not another country.

But IF there are so many people killed in driving accidents, wouldn't it be interesting to campaign more to make the public aware of the dangers of all the things that increase the risk of having an accident.

By the way, you say "little to no correlation" but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that doing something like texting or putting on makeup while driving makes you less aware of your surroundings. I didn't say anything about alcohol. Of course drink driving is just as bad.

There's plenty of evidence to show how dangerous driving while texting or using a cell phone period is. In fact, it's illegal in quite a few states here in the US, and there's tons of advertising on radio and television on it. Americans are just self-entitled morons that selectively choose to ignore things.

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3864 on: May 07, 2012, 08:10:45 PM »

There's plenty of evidence to show how dangerous driving while texting or using a cell phone period is. In fact, it's illegal in quite a few states here in the US, and there's tons of advertising on radio and television on it. Americans are just self-entitled morons that selectively choose to ignore things.

I wasn't actually taking it super seriously, despite how it reads. I'm just tired of the way that people will see a single cause for something, then immediately talk about shifting gears entirely in reverse out of fear.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3865 on: May 07, 2012, 11:27:28 PM »

HORSE AND BUGGY IS SAFER

EDIT
Never mind they shit everywhere and require lots and lots of food.

Just walk until we get Futurama tubes.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3866 on: May 08, 2012, 05:45:42 AM »

I was out driving at 5:30 this evening, which is late enough to have night time darkness. I pulled up behind someone at some traffic lights who had no lights on. The light was green for straight on but red for the right turn we were waiting for. I flashed my full beam then turned the lights off then on. No response. So I did it again and the taxi sped off straight ahead with a middle finger out the window. Sad I counted 8 cars in a 4km drive without lights on. New Zealand drivers are fucking retarded.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3867 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:12 AM »

I wasn't actually taking it super seriously, despite how it reads. I'm just tired of the way that people will see a single cause for something, then immediately talk about shifting gears entirely in reverse out of fear.

No one ever said it is the single cause of traffic accidents. That's just your imagination.

I was out driving at 5:30 this evening, which is late enough to have night time darkness. I pulled up behind someone at some traffic lights who had no lights on. The light was green for straight on but red for the right turn we were waiting for. I flashed my full beam then turned the lights off then on. No response. So I did it again and the taxi sped off straight ahead with a middle finger out the window. Sad I counted 8 cars in a 4km drive without lights on. New Zealand drivers are fucking retarded.
Not all is perfect in NZ? I remember some time ago (ok, maybe over a year ago) you were constantly complaining about the UK and how you couldn't wait to get back to NZ.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3868 on: May 08, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »

Grass is always greener syndrome.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3869 on: May 09, 2012, 01:41:50 AM »

Not all is perfect in NZ? I remember some time ago (ok, maybe over a year ago) you were constantly complaining about the UK and how you couldn't wait to get back to NZ.

I've always been complaining about the drivers and cars in New Zealand. It's the only real fault here.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length