RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 12:23:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 815767 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3810 on: April 18, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »

This weekend I spent a lot of time on the highway, since everybody else is talking about it I'll go ahead and talk about my experiences. So to start off I got my truck into a shop to get the brakes fixed and a set of brand spanking new tires. I should be getting it back today, so while I was without a vehicle my parents decided that I could use my dad's truck until this weekend. They drove up and we did some shopping for a new job, ate a late lunch, then I drove my mom's 2010 red Roush Mustang down the highway back to my hometown.

If you remember the weather forecasts this last weekend there were those huge supercells that were causing tornadoes in the midwest. There was a huge one moving right towards my hometown. But I got out of there about a half hour before some funnels started spiraling their way towards the ground literally about a mile south of town. Some of the stormchasers I heard on the radio (nobody was playing music) I went to high school with, so I'm thinking, "Oh I wonder what they're up to?"

Anyway I'm continuing my drive down the interstate back to my apartment and there's this white Camaro with California plates flying down the highway at 100mph at least, and I'm doing cruise control at about 80 (new speed limit is 75). I figure that they're foreigners and have no experience dealing with the threat of tornadoes (Local dad: "Tornado sirens! I'm going out in my underwear to find out if I can see them!" Outsider: "HOLY &%!# WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!"). About 20 miles down the road I see some flashing lights on the side of the road, the highway patrol. I glance over to see that the California Camaro is pulled over and I just start laughing, "Do as the locals do," is all I could think about the logic they should have used.

Yesterday I was getting off work and driving home when I ended up stopping behind the same car at a red light. Again I couldn't help but chuckle and shake my head.

TL;DR Don't try going 100mph running from tornadoes. The local cops will pull you over. Not a single #$&! will be given about your fears.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:31:04 AM by sirpsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3811 on: April 19, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »

I'm off to Australia for the weekend which has meant I had to be up at 4am. Sad
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3812 on: April 20, 2012, 06:26:26 PM »

ive been trying tp play everybodys golf on the ps3 but its been updating for the last fucking 5 hours!!!! i have a shit slow internet, even shitter wifi and all this so i can hit a ball into a small hole! but like phoebe i wont stop now ive started

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3813 on: April 20, 2012, 09:47:23 PM »

Blame PSN not your connection.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3814 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »

I'm off for a day of basketball! We'll see how well I can move tonight and tomorrow.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3815 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »

Just got back from Australia. It's nearly 1am and I'm supposed to be up at 6am to go to work. I think I'll be a bit late.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3816 on: April 23, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »

I upgraded to Firefox 11. I was using 3.6.XX until today, but ever since an Adobe Flash update, the damn thing has become unusable. It started freezing randomly after about an hour of browsing, videos wouldn't play properly, .... hopefully that is gone now that I'm on 11.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3817 on: April 24, 2012, 07:11:04 AM »

I upgraded to Firefox 11. I was using 3.6.XX until today, but ever since an Adobe Flash update, the damn thing has become unusable. It started freezing randomly after about an hour of browsing, videos wouldn't play properly, .... hopefully that is gone now that I'm on 11.

Well, get ready. Firefox 12 just came out yesterday.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3818 on: April 24, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »

Well, get ready. Firefox 12 just came out yesterday.

If it's anything like 11, then I'm not worried. 11 is great compared to what 3.6 was after the update. I secretly suspect Firefox from making the update so people would move on from the older versions by making them unusable. The "plugin-container.exe" process which mysteriously vanished after one of the updates in 3.6 is suddenly back now that I'm running 11. I wonder why? Roll Eyes

Every. single. time. Firefox starts lagging/freezing it's due to the plugin-container.exe thread. Ending it is all that is required to get things to work properly again. Of course, when Mozilla decides to take away that thread (hide it) I had no option but to kill the firefox process entirely, which sucks.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3819 on: April 24, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »

Apparently, I lost a filling in one of my wisdom teeth last night.

Where the filling itself went, I have no idea.

Good thing I planned to stop by my dentist's office later today to pay my vig; I can make an appointment then...
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3820 on: April 26, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »

I was all set to add a suggestion to the Band Name thread, only to find it locked. Sigh...

In other news: I have a dentist appointment for my missing filling...

...in two weeks.

in the meantime, I'm looking into temporary fillings...
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3821 on: April 26, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »

Pack it with dental wax

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3822 on: April 26, 2012, 09:57:44 PM »

Pack it with dental wax

I was trying to find a good picture of JB Weld to use as a suggestion but I got lazy and gave up.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3823 on: April 26, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »

Pack it with dental wax

I was trying to find a good picture of JB Weld to use as a suggestion but I got lazy and gave up.
That's no good, he said he wanted a temporary fix.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3824 on: April 26, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »

Pack it with dental wax

That's no good, he said he wanted a temporary fix.

Oh, you're right. I'm sorry, my mistake.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length