RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 12:11:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 815724 times)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3795 on: April 10, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »

SEPHIROTH!!!

EDIT: What the.... I didn't attach that image to this post, I swear officer! It came automatically. Odd, must be because of the forum apocalypse crash.

I wonder if the images are still tied to particular posts, even if the post count isn't at that point yet. This could get very fun...
I wonder why it hasn't affected the screenshot identifying games yet.

EDIT:  Tongue That's not my picture...

I think it's probably because most of the screenshots are linked and not attached pictures.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3796 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »

Got my PS3 repair kit. Took three hours to get through the fifty step repair tutorial. It didn't work. I'm out $40 and three hours.

Do I keep or sell my PS3 games? With no more save data I really have no immediate ambition to play any of the games I started and didn't finish, which was all of them.

Fuck.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3797 on: April 11, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »

I thought you could gank the HDs from PS3s once they were open and put them into any other PS3?

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3798 on: April 11, 2012, 07:20:35 AM »

I thought you could gank the HDs from PS3s once they were open and put them into any other PS3?

You can, but your saves won't transfer. The drive is set up (almost set up to be encrypted) so it will only work in the one console it is formatted in. It will work in another PS3, but it will be formatted first.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3799 on: April 11, 2012, 09:20:42 AM »

Wow super lame.
Why do people like the PS3 again?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3800 on: April 11, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »

You can, but your saves won't transfer. The drive is set up (almost set up to be encrypted) so it will only work in the one console it is formatted in. It will work in another PS3, but it will be formatted first.
Wow super lame.
Why do people like the PS3 again?

Xbox 360 has the same problem if you try to modify the hard drive. It's keyed to the motherboard, so if you try to use an unlicensed/unofficial drive you risk being banned from Xbox Live for a modded Hard Drive. At least PS3s let you replace your hard drive with some random drive that has to be formatted.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3801 on: April 11, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »

So i can either buy a licensed HD and swap it with any 360 (fat vs slim being only issue)
Or i can stick any HD i want into a PS3 but if the system craps out i can't access anything.

Both systems have the cloud now but i have never heard anyone ranting and raving about the great storage or functionality so i assume it is either more of a hassle than it is worth, slow, or limited in some other fashion.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3802 on: April 11, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »

My internship is done! Four weeks until graduation!

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3803 on: April 14, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »

I had a fairly eventful Friday the 13th...

I was a witness to two highway accidents, both of which resulted from people driving a little too fast on slick pavement following a torrential downpour.

I was on my way to work when I saw that a Jeep had lost control in the diamond lane, and crunched into the median barrier. I was in the next lane over, and came within inches of scraping the Jeep's back bumper as I passed.

Although I was further away from the second accident when it occurred, it was way scarier. This time I was on my way home from work, when I noticed a sudden flash of light. I look to my left to see an SUV hydroplaning sideways down the diamond lane. Then the driver tried to steer his vehicle straight, which resulted in the vehicle clipping the concrete median barrier, and flipping over. I watched the front passenger-side window-- complete with passenger on the other side of that window-- explode when the SUV's roof hit the pavement.

As scary as that was, I'm sure the motorcyclist between me and the flip was far more freaked out by the deal than I was, seeing as he almost got clipped by the SUV.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3804 on: April 17, 2012, 05:52:53 AM »

I left the house for work a bit late this morning. I was doing 120kmh (limit is 100kmh) and overtaking someone when I noticed the police car pulling off the hard shoulder behind/next to them. shitshitshitshit, I thought. The police car moved into my lane a few car lengths behind as I slowed to 100kmh. After about half a kilometre they slowed down and moved back into lane 1. I think I dodged a bullet there.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3805 on: April 17, 2012, 08:16:08 AM »

I left the house for work a bit late this morning. I was doing 120kmh (limit is 100kmh) and overtaking someone when I noticed the police car pulling off the hard shoulder behind/next to them. shitshitshitshit, I thought. The police car moved into my lane a few car lengths behind as I slowed to 100kmh. After about half a kilometre they slowed down and moved back into lane 1. I think I dodged a bullet there.

Hmmm, even if they had you pulled over I think you'd only have to pay a fine. Speed guns or whatever they use always have like an 8kmh adjustment/correction because they're never entirely accurate. So at most you would've been doing 12kmh over the limit, which isn't too bad.

Speed limit here is 120kmh and everyone with a decent car does 140kmh, for which you are never pulled over. At most you can get caught by a speed camera if you have bad luck.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3806 on: April 17, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »

I had a fairly eventful Friday the 13th...

I was a witness to two highway accidents, both of which resulted from people driving a little too fast on slick pavement following a torrential downpour.

I was on my way to work when I saw that a Jeep had lost control in the diamond lane, and crunched into the median barrier. I was in the next lane over, and came within inches of scraping the Jeep's back bumper as I passed.

Although I was further away from the second accident when it occurred, it was way scarier. This time I was on my way home from work, when I noticed a sudden flash of light. I look to my left to see an SUV hydroplaning sideways down the diamond lane. Then the driver tried to steer his vehicle straight, which resulted in the vehicle clipping the concrete median barrier, and flipping over. I watched the front passenger-side window-- complete with passenger on the other side of that window-- explode when the SUV's roof hit the pavement.

As scary as that was, I'm sure the motorcyclist between me and the flip was far more freaked out by the deal than I was, seeing as he almost got clipped by the SUV.

I was heading down the highway last week, and it runs 1 lane on both sides. A guy driving an E-150 suddenly freaked out, twisted the wheel, and completely lost control while he was coming straight at us. Fortunately, I have a good spacial sense and knew he wouldn't hit us, but he still came within 6 inches of hitting the front end. Freaked my wife out though, and he fortunately didn't hit anything.

I was driving 90 mph down the highway yesterday, and heard someone coming up next to me. Typically, when people like to pull up to me like that, I like to screw with them a little by pulling ahead to see if it pisses them off. However, it ended up being a Florida Highway Patrol officer driving 95 mph past me... glad he didn't pull me over instead.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3807 on: April 17, 2012, 12:27:25 PM »

I've had a few "crap my pants" moments with cops.  On the highway to my friend's house, it drops from 65 to 55 mph.  Normally everyone continues along at 70 or 75 at this point regardless.  I happened to be one of the only cars doing that a few months ago and immediately saw the flashing lights and had that feeling of dread creep up.  For some reason he had his lights on while sitting in the median.  He didn't have anyone pulled over, either.  Huh
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3808 on: April 17, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »

I lost my job on Friday the 13th. The writing was on the wall that I was being set up, but I was too angry to see it. It truly was a blessing in disguise though, as I hated that job and I left work everyday pissed off and bringing those feelings home with me. Now I feel at peace, focusing on doing things for me while I'm searching for new work.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3809 on: April 17, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »

Hmmm, even if they had you pulled over I think you'd only have to pay a fine. Speed guns or whatever they use always have like an 8kmh adjustment/correction because they're never entirely accurate. So at most you would've been doing 12kmh over the limit, which isn't too bad.

Speed limit here is 120kmh and everyone with a decent car does 140kmh, for which you are never pulled over. At most you can get caught by a speed camera if you have bad luck.

In February the police here were having a campaign of pulling people over for doing 4kph over the limit, which is ridiculous. They're pretty harsh on motorway limits. Everyone whizzes past me in the lower motorway limits (70-80kph) then when we get to the 100kph zone they do precisely 100kph, side by side without overtaking.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length