RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 02:22:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 815806 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3735 on: March 28, 2012, 08:03:36 AM »

I'm thinking about finally getting a smartphone.  Droid Razr for $50, or Samsung Stratosphere for $.01?  Has anyone ever bought a phone from Amazon?  It seems pretty suspicious to me to sell a phone for $.01.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3736 on: March 28, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »

A tip of the cap, sir.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3737 on: March 28, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »

I'm thinking about finally getting a smartphone.  Droid Razr for $50, or Samsung Stratosphere for $.01?  Has anyone ever bought a phone from Amazon?  It seems pretty suspicious to me to sell a phone for $.01.

Get the Razr. You get what you pay for with phones.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3738 on: March 28, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »

Good news! The police have identified a suspect using DNA from the cigarette butt left outside our window during the burglary. They're going to get a warrant and clobber some noggins.

I probably won't get anything back, though.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3739 on: March 29, 2012, 06:48:06 AM »

Good news! The police have identified a suspect using DNA from the cigarette butt left outside our window during the burglary. They're going to get a warrant and clobber some noggins.

I probably won't get anything back, though.

Except perhaps the joy of justice being served (we hope)...
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3740 on: March 29, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »

That's pretty good they're able and willing to get DNA testing done. When someone stole all my grandma's jewelry, the cops wouldn't even fingerprint the jewelry box.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3741 on: March 29, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »

That's pretty good they're able and willing to get DNA testing done. When someone stole all my grandma's jewelry, the cops wouldn't even fingerprint the jewelry box.

My wife and I had our wallets stolen at a restaurant once, and they wouldn't even pull the tape from the camera sitting directly above the table. We had social security cards in our wallets since we had been going around applying for jobs...

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3742 on: March 29, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »

I was surprised when they said it costs NZ$400-500. I thought it was much more. They dusted for prints but decided they were using gloves because they could only find fabric marks. They wouldn't dust the door handle that obviously would have only been used by the burglar any time recently because "lots of people would have used it:.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3743 on: March 31, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »

I had a dream last night where James May had died. Clarkson and Hammond were drifting around in the hearse and doing all this mourning procession stuff. Then May jumped out of the hearse and everyone said "April Fools!" It hadn't even occurred to me all week that today is actually April Fools day.

Did I just prank myself while I was unconscious?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3744 on: March 31, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »

^ How odd to dream about Top Gear. I never have dreams like that. Actually, I hardly ever have dreams I can remember, nor do I get that sensation of waking up and knowing I was dreaming.

I know it's been scientifically proven that everyone dreams (many dreams) every night, so I'm confident I dream just as much as anyone. But I find it remarkable how some people can talk about all the dreams they had that night, while I can never remember anything. I never wake up from bad dreams either. I don't even know if I have bad dreams as I can never remember anything.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3745 on: March 31, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »

^ How odd to dream about Top Gear. I never have dreams like that. Actually, I hardly ever have dreams I can remember, nor do I get that sensation of waking up and knowing I was dreaming.

I know it's been scientifically proven that everyone dreams (many dreams) every night, so I'm confident I dream just as much as anyone. But I find it remarkable how some people can talk about all the dreams they had that night, while I can never remember anything. I never wake up from bad dreams either. I don't even know if I have bad dreams as I can never remember anything.

This happens to me as well.  I rarely remember my dreams, but the ones I do are usually pretty odd.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3746 on: April 01, 2012, 09:53:48 AM »

It has been scientifically proven that not everyone dreams every night. You might be part of a small group of people who never do dream.
True story. Not april foolin.
If i could remember which PBS special it was i would point you to it.
But no dreaming makes you less human.*

*That part is foolin.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3747 on: April 01, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3748 on: April 01, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

8-bit google maps.  Awesomeness.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3749 on: April 01, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »

Thanks for the link.
This totally could have been the names of locations in an 8bit game

Thief River Falls? Devils Lake?

* Google Maps.png (220.83 KB, 1440x900 - viewed 202 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length