RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 02:25:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 815817 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3720 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:21 AM »

Back at work after a month off. It's very slow and boring, really need another job

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3721 on: March 20, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »

Time for some parental bragging.

My son is in kindergarten now and they have periodically been doing reading tests to see how well they can read and comprehend. My son is at a second grade level and, beginning today, he will be going to a first grade classroom to do reading time with them. His teacher said that there isn't anyone even close to him. Feels good.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3722 on: March 20, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »

Had an interview at Whole Foods. Don't really want to keep working retail, but I can't seem to get my foot in anywhere else and Whole Foods pays a lot better than Kroger so hoping for a call back. Asking for part-time and figure if I can have more time off and make roughly the same wage I'll have more time to work on my writing (and gaming!).

When shall his new form be revealed?
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3723 on: March 21, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »

I think I have food poisoning.  Sad
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3724 on: March 21, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »

I've just been to look at a house for sale. Something didn't seem quite right about it. The décor was too arty farty and not something you would want to live with. I went into the lounge where one of the main features was a drawing table. Six feet high and the same across. It had some architectural drawings and an aerial view of some land stuck to it. Next to the drawing table was a desk with a Mac. They had one of those silly little keyboards that's 2mm thick and four inches wide sitting under a 30" screen. There was another, smaller Mac in the corner. Then I turned around and saw it. The TV. It was sitting on a scaffold plank being held up by cinder blocks. Except instead of being some rough cuts used out of cheapness, the plank was varnished and the blocks were painted. The house belonged to a fucking hipster.

Laughed my ass off.

Tell me about your variants...
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3725 on: March 22, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »

I finally did a little DIY automotive repair a few days back.

The front seats in my little four-cylinder putt-putt were falling apart-- especially the driver's chair, which was being propped up with planks of wood-- so I figured it was high time to replace 'em.

So I found, extracted, and bought a couple seats from a local wrecker yard for a hundy, yanked out my old seats and put the "new" ones in.

Yes, I know: it's not like I fixed the brakes or rebuilt the engine. But I'd say that's a pretty good start.

So, ummm... does this mean I can get my Man Club card back now?

Speaking of a few days back: there are a lot of mountain bikers on the trails I hike, but I never thought I'd encounter a mountain unicyclist... until I did of course. the whole deal struck me as a pathetic attempt to make unicycling look "extreme." Which, no matter what you do or how hard you try, is an absolute impossibility anyway, so why even bother.
FireStar
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3726 on: March 22, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »

I noticed with the Flagfox firefox extension that the Rfgen server is in Saudi Arabia. Is a staff member from there?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3727 on: March 22, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »

I noticed with the Flagfox firefox extension that the Rfgen server is in Saudi Arabia. Is a staff member from there?

Someone else brought that up yesterday...no clue why, but none of our staff members are from Saudi Arabia.
EDIT: I'm seeing Dallas, Texas from the Chrome add-on...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:42:37 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3728 on: March 24, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »

According to the prime source herself I am now officially dating one of those sexy librarians.

I'm gonna try and get her to put her hair up in a bun with thick glasses only for her to pull the glasses off and shake her hair out... in slow motion.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:58:57 PM by sirpsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3729 on: March 25, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »

Just got back from Wisconsin. It's like Ohio but with more cheese.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3730 on: March 25, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »

Just got back from Wisconsin. It's like Ohio but with more cheese.

Nothing like taking a huge whiff of that dairy air.

I'd just finished drying my clothes* at a nearby 'mat, and was just about to pull out of the parking lot, when I noticed a young woman taking a hit off of what looked to be a joint. After one puff, she placed it on the sidewalk, and then walked inside the laundromat.

Needless to say, after doing a long shift where I filled in for a few coworkers who decided to flake for the weekend, I was tempted...
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3731 on: March 25, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »

Needless to say, after doing a long shift where I filled in for a few coworkers who decided to flake for the weekend, I was tempted...

Didn't 80's and 90's arcade games teach you anything?
[img width=220 height=165]http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/guis/thm_19333a.jpg[/img]

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3732 on: March 27, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »

Hello.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3733 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:25 AM »

Didn't 80's and 90's arcade games teach you anything?
[img width=220 height=165]http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/guis/thm_19333a.jpg[/img]

Yeah, 'cuz you can always trust the government to tell you what's right.  Roll Eyes

Just ask the video game industry's biggest supporters in the federal government, they'll tell ya...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3734 on: March 28, 2012, 06:12:24 AM »

Hello.

HEY NOW!
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length