RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 12:22:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816239 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3570 on: March 22, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »

I'M UP!

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3571 on: March 22, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »

As in you just woke up?

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3572 on: March 22, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »

Yes.

Going to go get some liquor. Either Ouzo or Metaxa, I'm feeling Greek tonight.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3573 on: March 22, 2009, 07:49:52 PM »

Yes.

Going to go get some liquor. Either Ouzo or Metaxa, I'm feeling Greek tonight.

Aren't you Greek already? laugh

Tell me about your variants...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3574 on: March 22, 2009, 11:27:25 PM »

Feeling exceptionally so, perhasp

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3575 on: March 22, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »

Even if you complain about them not pulling their weight in some cases that isn't a good enough reason for an employer to fire someone.

How is that not a good enough reason to fire someone? If they are paying a employee with the expectation of a certain level of production and aren't getting it, that's a prime reason to let someone go. I've seen it a number of times in companies I have worked with.

Because someone can do an "adequate" job yet still drag down the team. If you have a team of people who are doing the minimum requirement necessary and one whose motivation and work ethics makes them a hard worker with ambition, it's still lopsided but the employer has no real reason to fire them as long as the job gets done to company standards. If in a team of 4, three people only contribute 75% of their potential and the fourth person puts in their figurative 110%, it's not an impressive number as far as working to your potential in a mean average and that hard work is lost in the midst of that lack of enthusiasm or work habit from the others.

Other times, the employer just doesn't see the imbalance or hiring someone else who may do as much work or less is a gamble they won't take or a general pain in the ass. Worst case scenario, your pleas fall on deaf ears and your labeled a whiner.

The solution of course is leadership and/or psychological manipulation or even a combination of the two. slick

THIS IS LONG BUT ITS WORTH READING. TRUST ME! (I mean honestly when do i ever make really long posts?)
At my last 3 jobs there have been people who in no way pull there weight.

Hell at work tonight one of the kids slept basically half of his shift. Since i have been there the kid has probably been payed 4k+ since i started working there to give out food to his family/friends, destroy things in the store, sleep, text his friends, and just generally fuck around.
But he has been there for 5+ years and "he knows everything and can cover shifts" so when he comes in to cover it is basically everyone else getting minutes of respite from an entire shift when he decides to actually work.

At my last job they couldn't fire the girl "because she was mexican and they were afraid she might sue since everyone else was white." except half the employees were also mexican AND we had a black guy and they actually did there job right (more often than not) To my knowledge the store still has one of the mexican* girls
her brother quit to go back to highschool (he was going to get fired for shitty work ethic anyways),
her sister got transferred and fired shortly there after i am fairly certain(she called out or left early ALL the time because of one illness or another only she never realized she was talking about the party she went to or the movie she saw or how drunk she got on the day she was supposed to be having some illness), the black guy transferred because he was tired of driving all the way to our store when there were closer ones(i think he ended up getting arrested for driving without a license{due to back child support or some related bullshit})

At a different store for the same company i transfered after being accused of stealing when everyone in the store kept bitching about a girl who was stealing cash DAILY up to 100$s in ones per shift she worked. The manager finally started to suspect it and asked me to write down the times when she did take money so i did. The next day the manager said she couldn't do shit because she wasn't there to witness it. Again they were afraid to fire her because she was a retard(no seriously she was mentally handicapped) and a lesbian MORE LAWSUITS! She ended up getting fired anyways because all the employees who were worth a damn quit or transfered and money was still coming up missing so they had to remove the only thing that had stayed a constant.

When i worked at gamecrazy we had a guy who would show up and only play games all day. My boss didn't fire him and instead took away all his days for a week. Gave him a chance for 1 days work the next week and the kid did the same thing. He was not fired but maintained a 0 day per week work schedule Smiley
I was also accused of stealing there and then a co-worker, the managers best friend, fessed up to at and said he used 100$s out of the safe to "catch up on a bill and was going to put it back after the next paycheck". Last i heard was delivering pizza
Another guy who worked at Gamecrazy had almost 2k$s worth of hardware "stolen" in between our inventory periods that he forgot to mention. He has been there since the store first opened and is still there as a shift leader(JUST above the bottom of the barrel) 10(+?) years later.
Another kid got transferred to our other local GC for fear of stealing he now works at a GameStop (he didn't steal so much as exploit flaws in the trade-in system like i did Cheesy. But on a MUCH grander scale).
The manager who was so suspicious of everyone ended up getting fired for stealing(or so i heard).

That is my great tale.
If you skipped to the end of the page at least read the paragraph where i bolded game crazy for you. That one is probably the best Smiley

*the mexican girls were all born in the US and ofer the year+  i knew them tried to become less and less american and more and more about "their heritage". They made sure to separate themselves from us not the other way around.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:37:25 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3576 on: March 23, 2009, 08:15:12 AM »

THIS IS LONG BUT ITS WORTH READING. TRUST ME!
You're right, it was worth reading. Smiley

A sad society we live in, isn't it?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3577 on: March 23, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »

Lalwut?

Seriously though, work ethics suck. Just remember to do your job fine, and you'll be fine. Tongue

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3578 on: March 23, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »

Just remember to do your job fine, and you'll be fine. Tongue
If only it was that simple.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3579 on: March 23, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

Just remember to do your job fine, and you'll be fine. Tongue
If only it was that simple.

Isn't it? laugh

I was being epically sarcastic. Tongue

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3580 on: March 23, 2009, 07:35:36 PM »

Says the guy without a job. Wink

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3581 on: March 24, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

Oh God, alcohol.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3582 on: March 24, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »

Bored.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3583 on: March 24, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »

I'm looking forward to the Easter vacation. Not a day goes by without me having to work on one of the two projects, work on a report for either of them, or do something else school-related. Sad
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3584 on: March 24, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »

Oh yea Easter!
CANDY!

Plus shortly there after my 21st Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »