RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 02:21:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816343 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3555 on: March 21, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »

So I watch this "show" of Phillip DeFranco from time to time on YouTube. In the last episode I've seen he mentions that he put up a forum on his website. I check it out (but not planning to register) and what strikes me is that the forum has 31,000 posts after 6 days! That's an average of 5166 posts per day. speechless
If that trend would continue, it would have 1,885,590 posts after one year. That's just insane.

Check it out: http://phillyd.tv/forums/index.php?

I don't think I'd like such a forum though. With 5200 posts per day, it's impossible to read everything that is being said.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #3556 on: March 21, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »

Thanks for the support with my court shit...I went to the MGC today and picked up some games...I was looking at magic: the gathering cards and all of the sudden my friend stumbled upon a book showing a scadly dressed asian woman between the comic books and star trek action figures, that said "ASIAN ECSTASY TRADING CARDS 18+" it was all trading cards of naked asian females, $25 for the book, I was thinking about buying it and giving it to my brother for his birthday.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3557 on: March 21, 2009, 11:18:52 PM »

so you might be wondering why I am barely on anymore

It all started about a month ago

I was at my friends house and this girl was wrestling people

any other girl, I would have probably wrestled her, but last time she carved her name into my arm cuz shes psycho.  I told her I didn't want to wrestle  So she jumped on me, and started punching me and pulling my hair and told me to tell her I loved her.  I refused, asked her to get off of me a few times, and she wouldn't

All of the sudden a 350 pound indian man named Rain came out of the bathroom with no shirt on and wearing torn black shorts.  he sported a hunting knife and a chain hanging low across his waste.  He had a MEGADETH belt buckle.

He came over to us, she said "work your magic" and he rubbed his man-titties in my face.

I had enough.

I pushed to bitch off of me, rain has kicked my ass before so I didn't bother with him.  I punched the psycho bitch in the face and ran outside, across to street, to a different friends girlfriend's house.

Now, I have to go to court sometime eventually, i'm going in for an assesment to see how "angry" I am next week, and i'm grounded from any form of communication right now.

I'm going to the MGC today, its the first time i'll leave my house to do something with friends (except for school) since this event.

Were you all doing drugs and drinking, or are these scenes of insanity a daily occurrence in your strange little community?

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #3558 on: March 22, 2009, 12:36:32 AM »

I was at my friends house and this girl was wrestling people

First, I knew this story was gonna be a whopper after reading that sentence.

Second, my mind began to wander....

Girl wrestler...hmmm...was she sitting in a kiddie pool smearing cherry Jell-o on herself?

Then I though, no wait...this is Gannon we're talking about.

She was probably sporting a mullet, had a half lit cigarette hanging out of her mouth, an oversized flannel shirt on and beating Ganon over the head with a Melissa Etheridge CD.

Yeah...that's more like it....

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3559 on: March 22, 2009, 12:43:24 AM »

Melissa Etheridge.

Priceless.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3560 on: March 22, 2009, 03:07:04 AM »

It is soooooo sleepy in here.

This computer lab, that is.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3561 on: March 22, 2009, 06:47:07 AM »

It is soooooo sleepy in here.

This computer lab, that is.
*Clap, clap!*

Stay focused. Tongue
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3562 on: March 22, 2009, 08:47:09 AM »

I hate teamwork. Sad

<RANT>
I've got this programming project for school, and my team is filled with lazy people that don't do what they're supposed to. Angry

We have to write weekly reports (a pain in the ass, believe me) and because my teammates all have language skills of a 4-year old, I end up writing all the reports because they're too fucking dumb to do it.

It really pisses me off that I'm sitting here, wasting my sunday away on this goddamn report, while they're having fun, probably not even knowing we have to give in a report tommorow. grrr

And the sad part is we get graded as a team, not individually. So they're getting grades for my work. Ugh.

I really hope all these dumbasses fail their year so I don't have to see them again next year. evilsad

The world is so unfair and schools are so dumb for not realising that so-called "Team projects" are usually done by 1-2 persons with the rest just taking advantage of others work. Sad
</RANT>
Tan
« Reply #3563 on: March 22, 2009, 10:26:10 AM »

The world is so unfair and schools are so dumb for not realising that so-called "Team projects" are usually done by 1-2 persons with the rest just taking advantage of others work. Sad
</RANT>

The idea is to prepare you for the career world with a more realistic view of working with others, where team projects can be much worse and more lopsided than that. Believe me, you haven't seen the worst of laziness yet. Wait until there isn't even a grade or evaluation of performance to threaten them. If your lucky, you'll work independently or have a carefully chosen team, but it won't always be that way for most and these exercises prepare you for the worst case scenarios.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3564 on: March 22, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »

Unfortunately Tan is right.
If you think school is bad wait until your in a real work environment.

When i was in high schoolpeople never wanted to work with me because i generally didn't do my work.
Then after working with me they (most times) wanted to work with me on other group projects.

I didn't think it was fair for me to do nothing in a group atmosphere even if i didn't do my own work because i didn't care.

Also
I just did my credit check. I have better credit than 20.7 percent of the country. :-/
All i have on my report is my car payment. That is part of the problem... Too bad ebay/paypel don't count towards it lol
(Don't sign up for freecreditreport.com the only way to cancel is calling a customer service line. PITA)

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3565 on: March 22, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »

The idea is to prepare you for the career world with a more realistic view of working with others, where team projects can be much worse and more lopsided than that. Believe me, you haven't seen the worst of laziness yet. Wait until there isn't even a grade or evaluation of performance to threaten them. If your lucky, you'll work independently or have a carefully chosen team, but it won't always be that way for most and these exercises prepare you for the worst case scenarios.
If with "more realistic view of working with others" you mean me having to work and they not, yeah, I get the picture. Wink

I totally believe you, but in the career world there's the threat of getting fired if they don't work. Or do most of these lazy people don't even care about that? Undecided
Tan
« Reply #3566 on: March 22, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »

If with "more realistic view of working with others" you mean me having to work and they not, yeah, I get the picture. Wink

I totally believe you, but in the career world there's the threat of getting fired if they don't work. Or do most of these lazy people don't even care about that? Undecided

They'd only get fired if the work didn't get finished or you complained. Either way working there after making one of those choices will be more difficult and stressful, particularly if you complain.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3567 on: March 22, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »

Even if you complain about them not pulling their weight in some cases that isn't a good enough reason for an employer to fire someone.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3568 on: March 22, 2009, 02:37:20 PM »

Even if you complain about them not pulling their weight in some cases that isn't a good enough reason for an employer to fire someone.

How is that not a good enough reason to fire someone? If they are paying a employee with the expectation of a certain level of production and aren't getting it, that's a prime reason to let someone go. I've seen it a number of times in companies I have worked with.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tan
« Reply #3569 on: March 22, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

How is that not a good enough reason to fire someone? If they are paying a employee with the expectation of a certain level of production and aren't getting it, that's a prime reason to let someone go. I've seen it a number of times in companies I have worked with.

Because someone can do an "adequate" job yet still drag down the team. If you have a team of people who are doing the minimum requirement necessary and one whose motivation and work ethics makes them a hard worker with ambition, it's still lopsided but the employer has no real reason to fire them as long as the job gets done to company standards. If in a team of 4, three people only contribute 75% of their potential and the fourth person puts in their figurative 110%, it's not an impressive number as far as working to your potential in a mean average and that hard work is lost in the midst of that lack of enthusiasm or work habit from the others.

Other times, the employer just doesn't see the imbalance or hiring someone else who may do as much work or less is a gamble they won't take or a general pain in the ass. Worst case scenario, your pleas fall on deaf ears and your labeled a whiner.

The solution of course is leadership and/or psychological manipulation or even a combination of the two. slick
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length