RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 04:34:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 39 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 816456 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3510 on: March 18, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »

I don't think it's cool. I think it makes sense. There's a major difference.
Sure, but anarchism will simply never work. Just like communism doesn't work unless it's coupled with extreme terror/dictatorship. So saying you're an anarchist or that you believe in anarchism is....naïve, imo.
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3511 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51:53 AM »

I'm late to this discussion, but it's my opinion that you can believe in whatever you want. You shouldn't even have to explain yourself.  It's good if you can like logical, but you should be allowed to believe in what ever you want even if its not the norm. Now that doesn't mean people aren't going to think you are retarded. But who cares if its what you believe in. I agree with logical here in that it does make sense. But I agree with Sirgin, in that it wouldn't work. But I don't think its naive to believe in it. I remember in high school I had an anarchy symbol patch (not a tattoo rofl) and a crossed out cross and a crossed out swastika button and all that good stuff (i was quite the punker). Now that I'm older you know I know a lot more about what those symbols mean and why it was somehwat rediculous to wear them.

Running out of games to buy.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3512 on: March 18, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »

blarg

When shall his new form be revealed?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3513 on: March 18, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »

Sure, but anarchism will simply never work. Just like communism doesn't work unless it's coupled with extreme terror/dictatorship. So saying you're an anarchist or that you believe in anarchism is....naïve, imo.

Tom, you are missing a basic point of anarchism. The fact is, for true communism or anarchism, or communistic anarchism to occur, the human race would have to evolve enough as to want the best for everyone. As long as there is inward want and greed, no, it will never work. Anarcho-communism is a Utopia, a perfect world. Everyone would work, everyone would get what they 'wanted', everyone would be privy to everything. Everyone would get along, no murder, etc, because that upsets the idea of anarchism. If there is crime, then someone must deal with the crime, creating a form of governing body, or government (O.o). Along with anarchism comes communism, as well as all the different types of anarchy (green anarchy comes to mind).

It simply would work, provided people developed far enough to realize that everyone would have everything. And communism doesn't work without terror? Where did you get this from? North Korea? The fact is, at the end of the USSR's life, there was practically NO terror at all. Hell, look at China. You do what the government wants, you're fine. That's not terror.

Please, please, PLEASE do read about communism and anarchy before you call it naive. After you can back your opinion up, I will accept it. Thanks.

Tell me about your variants...
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3514 on: March 18, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »

Unfortunately like you said it works well on paper but the human condition is not one that involves that much want to give/share.
For it to be truly equal, everyone would have to do/share the same responsibility of every job and reap all the same benefits.

If there was a way for it to successfully work it would be great but there really isn't. Unfortunately that is pretty much true of all forms of government.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3515 on: March 18, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »

Tom, you are missing a basic point of anarchism. The fact is, for true communism or anarchism, or communistic anarchism to occur, the human race would have to evolve enough as to want the best for everyone. As long as there is inward want and greed, no, it will never work. Anarcho-communism is a Utopia, a perfect world. Everyone would work, everyone would get what they 'wanted', everyone would be privy to everything. Everyone would get along, no murder, etc, because that upsets the idea of anarchism. If there is crime, then someone must deal with the crime, creating a form of governing body, or government (O.o). Along with anarchism comes communism, as well as all the different types of anarchy (green anarchy comes to mind).

It simply would work, provided people developed far enough to realize that everyone would have everything. And communism doesn't work without terror? Where did you get this from? North Korea? The fact is, at the end of the USSR's life, there was practically NO terror at all. Hell, look at China. You do what the government wants, you're fine. That's not terror.

Please, please, PLEASE do read about communism and anarchy before you call it naive. After you can back your opinion up, I will accept it. Thanks.

I just do not understand why you would strive for that. There is absolutely no reason to live if everything is uniformly the same. I would fight you hand and foot to make sure this bullshit "utopia" never exists. Mankind may be better off, but what's the damn point if I can't do what I want. There's more freedom in being a hobo.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3516 on: March 18, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »

I just do not understand why you would strive for that. There is absolutely no reason to live if everything is uniformly the same. I would fight you hand and foot to make sure this bullshit "utopia" never exists. Mankind may be better off, but what's the damn point if I can't do what I want. There's more freedom in being a hobo.

Everything isn't really uniform though, now is it?

And proof right there. Most have not evolved enough (myself included) to be able to understand that we would all be better off, as a whole. There would be freedom to do what you want, but you would also realize your duty to provide for the world as well.

EDIT: Just read through this wiki to get the ball rolling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchist_communism
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:15:11 PM by logical123 » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3517 on: March 18, 2009, 09:19:14 PM »

You just explained something you said you don't understand...But no matter.

Are you suggesting we would evolve into this mindset? If so, great, but I don't believe global human thoughts are evolutionary. Babies will never just start popping out the womb with the "greater good" of mankind suddenly at mind, they would have to be raised that way.

The only other way to accomplish your goal would be through complete indoctrination. Which means someone would have to do the indoctrinating, which means there would be an overarching power behind it all.

I mean, watch some sci-fi movies. thx1138, Sleeper, and Idiocracy come to mind.

Yours is an unrealistic fantasy that, if enacted, would lead to the death of the soul.

Tan
« Reply #3518 on: March 18, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »

You can't truly believe in anarchist communism yet belong to this forum. This forum and the hobby it represents is one of the most apparent practices of capitalism at work I can think of. You can't be an anarchist commie some of the time while allowing yourself many of the capitalist pleasures. That would make your a hypocrit.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3519 on: March 19, 2009, 12:17:04 AM »

You can't truly believe in anarchist communism yet belong to this forum. This forum and the hobby it represents is one of the most apparent practices of capitalism at work I can think of. You can't be an anarchist commie some of the time while allowing yourself many of the capitalist pleasures. That would make your a hypocrit.

Yes, and exactly why I cannot understand why people continue to vote for big government. Thomas Jefferson had a vision of America as a communal society of local farming communities that could unite, if necessary, to defend the country as a whole, but would otherwise be self supportive.

That's the ONLY way such a system could work, in small communities that retained the ability to be self sufficient. In order to reach such an environment, however, federal governments would need to BACK THE FUCK OUT of our lives.

Do you think global happiness will ever be gained through regulations and laws? Redistribution of wealth? No. Hell no. Happiness comes from self sufficiency and freedom, not being spoon fed cornmeal by a top heavy government.

People need to wake up, stop asking the government to do everything for them, and get off their asses. Last week me and my roommates patched the sidewalk in front of our house. While doing so we were told it was not legal by a neighbor.

I guess I'll just let the garbage lie in the street until someone from the government picks it up, too.

Fuck.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3520 on: March 19, 2009, 06:39:28 AM »

Yes, and exactly why I cannot understand why people continue to vote for big government. Thomas Jefferson had a vision of America as a communal society of local farming communities that could unite, if necessary, to defend the country as a whole, but would otherwise be self supportive.

That's the ONLY way such a system could work, in small communities that retained the ability to be self sufficient. In order to reach such an environment, however, federal governments would need to BACK THE FUCK OUT of our lives.

Do you think global happiness will ever be gained through regulations and laws? Redistribution of wealth? No. Hell no. Happiness comes from self sufficiency and freedom, not being spoon fed cornmeal by a top heavy government.

People need to wake up, stop asking the government to do everything for them, and get off their asses. Last week me and my roommates patched the sidewalk in front of our house. While doing so we were told it was not legal by a neighbor.

I guess I'll just let the garbage lie in the street until someone from the government picks it up, too.

Fuck.

That right there is the underlying basis of Anarcho-Communism. You do it, you take charge, no one tell you what to do, yet you know what you are doing is right. The family can be compared to an Anarcho-Communistic community; They all contribute without any definite reward, the parents give to the children even though it may not be in the parents best interests, etc.

Sure I can. Why? Well, let's first look at another issue: abortion. I am pro choice. Joe Schmoe is also pro choice. Yet he says he would never have his wife/partner have an abortion. Is that hypocritical? No. Same way that I say that my core views are communist anarchism. I stated that I myself have not come to the full realization of the concept, so of course I can't abandon OUR reality, a reality of CAPITALISM, for one where everyone just DOES things, and gets EVERYTHING that they want and need.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3521 on: March 19, 2009, 07:38:24 AM »

I don't know quite how your family is. But i know in my family everyone helps eachother because they know they are getting something out of it in one way or another.
Brothers/Sisters/etc help because they will need something more often than not sooner than later.
Kids do chores for allowance.
Parents take care of kids because that is a biological thing. And even if it wasn't a biological thing neglect is illegal. ;-P

But if you don't start changing why should anyone else care or even listen?
I love devils advocate Smiley

"a family inhabiting a house which affords them just enough space... considered necessary for that number of people"
Also what do you consider to be just enough space for a family?
Parents have a room and each child has a room?
Parents have a room and children share one?
You would only need one bathroom because more than that is excessive and a waste of materials/space.
Also since we are going for a minimalist approach apparently beds might as well just be hay piles.

As for saying Leon has the foundation of a anarcho-commie, Keep in mind he patched the sidewalk in front of his house. Which benefits him more than anyone. I don't think they decided to do it for the benefit/well being of the neighborhood/city.

And as for the abortion issue it is not hypocritical being pro-choice but wanting your future child to be allowed to develop into a human. Being pro-choice doesn't give you the right to go out and knock up every girl you want and just get it vacuumed out later.

gr
"a family inhabiting a house which affords them just enough space... considered necessary for that number of peoplefgergrg

Well my son is nowA typinmg 429*9with me4849 |

OK he stopped so let me add.
Am i the only person who sees those "Smile Your Mother Chose Life" bumper stickers and wants to go out and get one that says "Smile Your Mother Had Unprotected Sex?"

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3522 on: March 19, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »

Fuck.

That right there is the underlying basis of Anarcho-Communism. You do it, you take charge, no one tell you what to do, yet you know what you are doing is right. The family can be compared to an Anarcho-Communistic community; They all contribute without any definite reward, the parents give to the children even though it may not be in the parents best interests, etc.

Sure I can. Why? Well, let's first look at another issue: abortion. I am pro choice. Joe Schmoe is also pro choice. Yet he says he would never have his wife/partner have an abortion. Is that hypocritical? No. Same way that I say that my core views are communist anarchism. I stated that I myself have not come to the full realization of the concept, so of course I can't abandon OUR reality, a reality of CAPITALISM, for one where everyone just DOES things, and gets EVERYTHING that they want and need.

You still ignored the base point of my post. Your argument is just too farcical, undeveloped, and conceited by liberal beliefs. How can you support big government (I know you're an Obama fan) and still peg yourself an anarcho-commie? Do you truly believe it will lead to such a system? If you do, you're incredibly wrong, and that's all I want to reinforce in your mind.

I know that us patching the sidewalk is exactly what you're talking about; but you missed the point in that IT WAS ILLEGAL to do so. We could have been fined for it. Why? Because some politician made a law to protect the jobs of government employed sidewalk patchers, or some stupid shit. You can't keep voting socialists into office and then continue to say its your dream that someday we live in a prosperous harmony with one another. The "harmony" brought about by big governments results in, as I mentioned earlier, the death of inspiration and the soul as standardization and unanimity are forced down our throats by what, in reality, is a police state.

That's the hypocrisy I see in your argument. If the country were to de globalize, reduce the size of the government, slash taxes, and leave us alone, then your ideas could work.

Tan
« Reply #3523 on: March 19, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »

The flaw in that example, is that your labeling pro-choice as an absolute. Pro-choice means believing that a woman should be free to choose to abort the fetus or to allow the birth to continue. So Joe not wanting an abortion doesn't mean he's acting against his beliefs at all. Joe would be a hypocrite if he tried to make that decision for her, taking away her choice.

Your example is better served if a mother who is against abortion, decides to persuade her 14 year old daughter to get one because she thinks she's too young. Conveniently forgetting one's beliefs or values makes one a hypocrite. If you can't live up to your own beliefs then you don't really believe.

Your a libertarian

Sure it doesn't sound as sexy or is as avante-garde as anarchist communism, but unless your willing to go the distance and practice what you preach, it's as close as you'll get while you enjoy your capitalism in all it's finery.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3524 on: March 19, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »

Your a libertarian

Thats a low blow.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: