RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 11:16:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 840210 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3180 on: February 14, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »

Hardcore!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3181 on: February 14, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »

Ended up being a pretty rockin' night. I just skipped work this morning, told them I have the flu...Of course, unfortunately, my coworkers and bosses all have facebook, and people are commenting on the parties all over the place. Sigh.
One of the many reasons why things like Facebook aren't as great as people think they are.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3182 on: February 14, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »

Ended up being a pretty rockin' night. I just skipped work this morning, told them I have the flu...Of course, unfortunately, my coworkers and bosses all have facebook, and people are commenting on the parties all over the place. Sigh.
One of the many reasons why things like Facebook aren't as great as people think they are.

They aren't great because they don't allow you to lie to skip work? Seems to me some careful planning could alleviate those problems (don't be friends with people from work, for instance).
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3183 on: February 14, 2009, 07:59:11 PM »

They aren't great because they don't allow you to lie to skip work? Seems to me some careful planning could alleviate those problems (don't be friends with people from work, for instance).
No, they aren't great because they take away your privacy. Also, "not being friends with people from work" isn't as easy as it sounds. A lot of peer pressure is involved in things like this. When all your colleges are friends on Facebook, are you going to say no when they ask you to be their friend?

That, and I just don't like the way people throw every single bit of information about themselves on the internet like it's nothing.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3184 on: February 14, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »

No, they aren't great because they take away your privacy. Also, "not being friends with people from work" isn't as easy as it sounds. A lot of peer pressure is involved in things like this. When all your colleges are friends on Facebook, are you going to say no when they ask you to be their friend?

That, and I just don't like the way people throw every single bit of information about themselves on the internet like it's nothing.

I guess I just don't find it hard to pick and choose who I let be my friends.

I do agree about the inane dispersal of private information though. People act like it's all fun and games on the internet, but its gotten to the point where you really have to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times or it will come back to bite you.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3185 on: February 15, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »

Cool, the ranks have been changed. Cheesy

I'm not too fond of the new RFG Friend color though, it's almost exactly the same as Donor and Director. Blue was better. Tongue
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3186 on: February 15, 2009, 11:54:54 AM »

There is a reason the RFG Friend color had to be changed to something else. I am screwing around with it though.

Hello World.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3187 on: February 15, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »

Oh, I see it now. Nice stuff. Smiley

You can always use brown as a color too. Cheesy
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3188 on: February 15, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »

Brown's the color of poo.
[img width=400 height=332]http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/d_5443.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:41:19 PM by NES_Rules » Logged

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3189 on: February 15, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »

Brown's the color of poo.
But still better than On Hiatus and RFG Friend having nearly the same color. Tongue
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3190 on: February 15, 2009, 02:18:43 PM »

Eh, if you think those are nearly the same color than you must also think Donor and Director have the same color.

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3191 on: February 15, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »

Oh God. Still haven't slept, realized I had to go to the art museum because I have a paper due on Tuesday but the Museum is closed tomorrow...Then we got a bunch of Burger King and I feel like I'm going to die. I likewise still need to read Measure for Measure and finish a short story for tomorrow, also sleep.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Alfador
Chat Whore
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3192 on: February 15, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »

On Hiatus and RFG Friend aren't even close to being the same, Donor and Director are much closer
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3193 on: February 15, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

Eh, if you think those are nearly the same color than you must also think Donor and Director have the same color.
Well yeah, I can see the difference between them, but you could've picked something else to make the difference more obvious.

Like:On Hiatus and RFG Friend instead of On Hiatus and RFG Friend. See what I mean?

On Hiatus and RFG Friend aren't even close to being the same, Donor and Director are much closer
Lol, okay, never mind. Maybe I'm just semi colorblind and the difference is gigantic. Tongue

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3194 on: February 15, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »

Still awake!

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length