RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 02:16:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 841899 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1830 on: September 24, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »

Grin Grin

I changed the timing on my Mini's engine and it's running perfectly now. Cheesy

I commend you sir. Have fun with the wonders of nonfuel-injected greatness. Awesome in the summer, fun in the fall, pain in the ass in winter, and fun again in spring.

Tell me about your variants...
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1831 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:25 PM »

I am sad, for tomorrow school starts.
Damn, you guys start late, we're in our 5th week already. You must be on quarters instead of semesters?
How long are your Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer breaks?

We started September 24th and go till December 12th. Start back in on January 7th till March 22 and go back March 31 to get off for the summer on June 14th.
We started late August and go until mid December for Fall semester and then start again mid January and go until May for Spring semester. Then sometime between May and August is Summer semester, but very few people go for the Summer. Fall and Spring Semesters are 15 weeks plus a final week, I think Summer is shorter than that.

Tan
« Reply #1832 on: September 24, 2008, 06:05:11 PM »

Grin Grin

I commend you sir. Have fun with the wonders of nonfuel-injected greatness. Awesome in the summer, fun in the fall, pain in the ass in winter, and fun again in spring.

I beg to differ, there's no gasoline/WD-40 trick equivalent for a fuel-injected vehicle in the winter time. Wink
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1833 on: September 24, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »

Grin Grin

I beg to differ, there's no gasoline/WD-40 trick equivalent for a fuel-injected vehicle in the winter time. Wink

Am I missing something? I am saying that is is indeed hard to use a Nonfuel injected car in the winter, and fuel injected is awesome in that situation (and in most, if not all situations, really...).

Tan
« Reply #1834 on: September 24, 2008, 07:18:46 PM »

Grin Grin

Am I missing something? I am saying that is is indeed hard to use a Nonfuel injected car in the winter, and fuel injected is awesome in that situation (and in most, if not all situations, really...).

It's actually the other way around. Fuel injected may be more reliable, but in a pinch, carburated engines have more "backyard fixes" to get them running again. You can get away with a lot more "McGuyvering". I.E. shot of gas or WD-40 straight down the throat. Same for Snowmobiles as well. It's like running an Ether start in the winter. Hard on the engine but any Joe Schmoe can do it.

Then again, the same can be said for anything that has mechanical parts as opposed to electronic ones.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1835 on: September 24, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »

Grin Grin

It's actually the other way around. Fuel injected may be more reliable, but in a pinch, carburated engines have more "backyard fixes" to get them running again. You can get away with a lot more "McGuyvering". I.E. shot of gas or WD-40 straight down the throat. Same for Snowmobiles as well. It's like running an Ether start in the winter. Hard on the engine but any Joe Schmoe can do it.

Then again, the same can be said for anything that has mechanical parts as opposed to electronic ones.

OHH! I understand now. Of course you can do that, but under normal conditions, the FI engine will preform better in the winter than the nonFI engine.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1836 on: September 24, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »

I peed an hour ago.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1837 on: September 25, 2008, 07:37:16 AM »

Man, I've been on this site for 2 days already...  I LOVE RF GEN!
It's one of the best sites I've ever been on...I've spent close to 7 days here....a whole week! Tongue
53 days for me speechless

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1838 on: September 25, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »

It's one of the best sites I've ever been on...I've spent close to 7 days here....a whole week! Tongue
Yeah, you do have the "I live here" award Tongue

But on the other hand, 53 days is "only" 1272 hours; compare that to the people of my former guild in Guild Wars that had spent 5000+ (and one even 7000+) hours on the game Shocked
(And that's not greatly exaggerated, there's a little tool that tells you exactly how long you've been online.)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1839 on: September 25, 2008, 10:34:35 AM »

It feels like a Friday, but it's not.... Sadly. Sad

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1840 on: September 25, 2008, 10:51:39 AM »

Yeah, you do have the "I live here" award Tongue

But on the other hand, 53 days is "only" 1272 hours; compare that to the people of my former guild in Guild Wars that had spent 5000+ (and one even 7000+) hours on the game Shocked
(And that's not greatly exaggerated, there's a little tool that tells you exactly how long you've been online.)

I had about sixty days logged on WoW and I thought that was bad o.0

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1841 on: September 25, 2008, 11:14:34 AM »

I had about sixty days logged on WoW and I thought that was bad o.0
Hehe, yeah, think again Tongue

But you know, having spent 5000/7000+ hours on a single game isn't exactly something to be proud of, I think. It's like playing the game for 3-4 years playing 5 hours a day, day in day out.

Well, everyone is free to do what they like so I won't judge them, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be proud of it if that were me. Wink
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1842 on: September 25, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »

My timing is still wrong. Sad It's been suggested that the distributor is 180* out. So tomorrow's job is to take it out and turn the whole thing around by 180*.
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1843 on: September 25, 2008, 03:32:33 PM »

Yeah, I used to buy my textbooks too.

Now I'm going to go spend several hundred dollars on books.

So do you buy your textbooks or not, make up your mind?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1844 on: September 25, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »

It feels like a Friday, but it's not.... Sadly. Sad

Yeah, I was so exicted at the end of school today, but then I realized it was Thursday Sad
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length