RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 12:10:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 841850 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1785 on: September 18, 2008, 05:05:43 PM »

Sounds interesting, James. And smart to enrol at that course for the Mini Smiley

Tommorow will be my first day of school. Well, it's not really a day, it's an "introduction day" of only 3 hours Tongue

Monday will be my first "real" day of school...I'm kind of excited (which I'm normally not) because it's been 3 months of vacation, which is almost too long.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1786 on: September 18, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »

I went to the local college to enrol on a classic car repair course last night. The minimum amount of people needed was seven and I was the seventh person to enrol. So it's a good thing I went last night, even though it was a bit late. The first night was tonight and it's one night a week for six weeks.

I thought we would be going over how to change the oil and the basic stuff on the first night but we got straight in with the welding. One thing I'm not sure about is that there was no plan laid down, so we might be making it up as we go along, which I don't really like. The welding was just doing a line along a thin piece of metal, no sticking things together. It was enough to get started, though. I think next week we're sticking things together.

The two hours really flew by. I'm hoping I can get good enough and build up the confidence to do some welding on the Mini. To get someone else to do the work for an MOT would cost about £350-400, according to one guy. To buy a half decent welder will cost around £200, plus safety gear, plus parts. It's going to get in the region of getting someone else to do it, except I will have a welder available to do other work on the car.

Told you buying the stuff wasn't a bad idea. Wink

That should be a really cool class. Then, you will be able to pay off the 'debt' (if that's what we want to call it) by offering up basic welding for classic cars. laugh

Tell me about your variants...
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1787 on: September 18, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »

Man, I am so PISSED.  You don't even know...My friend picked his girlfriend up from school yesterday (same schoo I go to) and they went to goodwill and he didn't even tell me, which wouldn't have been that bad, but today she brings to school A CIB ZELDA GAME AND WATCH SHE GOT FOR $4!!!!!! and she doesn't even know how much its worth!!!! and she won't sell it to me!!! WTF?Huh
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1788 on: September 18, 2008, 09:19:10 PM »

Man, I am so PISSED.  You don't even know...My friend picked his girlfriend up from school yesterday (same schoo I go to) and they went to goodwill and he didn't even tell me, which wouldn't have been that bad, but today she brings to school A CIB ZELDA GAME AND WATCH SHE GOT FOR $4!!!!!! and she doesn't even know how much its worth!!!! and she won't sell it to me!!! WTF?Huh

And thus, the world imploded, exploded, and imploded again. laugh

In other news, I am an idiot in two occurrences today.

Number 1. - So, my mom can't pick me up from school right? So I am to take the PACE bus home (AKA public transportation). So I walk to Ridgeland and Madison (One of the stops on the schedule) and I don't see one of those little bus stop signs. So I think "Oh, maybe at the next street South (the direction I live). So I walk to the next street... And next... And 14 blocks later, I am really getting pissed that there are no signs. So I go up to this lady standing on 12th and Ridgeland, and ask "Is this a bus stop, because I can't see a sign anywhere...?" She replies with a "Oh yeah! This si a bus stop. Same with every street north and south of here, for quite a ways. The just don't have signs..."

Number 2. - My PayPal doesn't work, and I made 2 trades (on another site) involving paypal. Thankfully, they were understanding and can sent Money Order.

*sigh*

Good thing tomorrow is Friday... This week has been crazy.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1789 on: September 19, 2008, 07:13:03 AM »

Why doesn't that surprise me? Wink Tongue

In yet other news, I went to the "intoduction day" thing...it was nice, already met a couple of cool guys and one that has to take the same bus I do, so that's good. I got my books. And how do you call copies but that aren't really bounded so you can't really call it a book? Anyway, the books are of communication, company management, Photoshop CS3 and Flash CS3. It looks nice Smiley The other courses (programming, etc...) seem to be all copies (but not handwriting, luckily)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1790 on: September 19, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »

Why doesn't that surprise me? Wink Tongue

HEY! HEY! Hey... I don't have to take this from you, or anyone... I HAVE FEELINGS YOU KNOW!!!!!

laugh

So was that intro day like orientation?

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1791 on: September 19, 2008, 04:51:48 PM »

I think I may have food poisoning coming on. Sad I had some shitty chicken ready-meal for dinner but it was one of dad's stupid things where he buys it on the last day of it's expiry because it's cheaper. He bought it at the weekend, I think. I just feel a bit queasy now. I've not been ill for years and last time I threw up was from too much alcohol nearly two years ago. Hopefully it's just queasiness and I'm just bitching about nothing.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1792 on: September 19, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »

So was that intro day like orientation?
Yeah, I think. We got some speeches of some study-help people, got our books for the first semester and were showed around on the campus.

Actual classes start on monday. (But I'm starting with half a day, lol yay Tongue)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1793 on: September 19, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »

LAst day at Kroger for awhile. WOOT

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1794 on: September 20, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »

I love stats. Apparently a large contingent of people live in Crofton, or I am categorized by Google as living in Crofton, but there are visits from Annapolis, and I live in Annapolis. The moral of the story is that there are people here from Crofton, and I feel sorry for them, especially those of them who live along Davidsonville Rd. I love Staples Corner! I love being responsible for the safety of the state highways in Crofton! Hooray Crofton!

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1795 on: September 20, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »

Is Crofton like Scranton?

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1796 on: September 20, 2008, 03:27:07 PM »

No, absolutely not.

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1797 on: September 20, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »

Awww.

So does your job entail just overseeing construction and what-not?

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1798 on: September 20, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »

I finished cleaning the pond and getting it ready for the autumn/winter period. The water is still around 15°C so I'm still feeding the fish. But I've already put the net over the pond to prevent leaves from falling in it. Smiley
I also cleaned the pump and filter, so they can last until spring.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1799 on: September 20, 2008, 08:07:59 PM »

Awww.

So does your job entail just overseeing construction and what-not?

No, I am a traffic engineer. I am concerned with the traffic operations side of the road, such as safety and congestion.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length