RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 06:13:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 841763 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1710 on: September 11, 2008, 04:29:11 AM »

I can't read a word he says lol. Is that still English?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1711 on: September 11, 2008, 05:25:38 AM »

Those are really nice! Smiley

@Hydrobond: What camera do you use?

He uses a Canon Rebel XTi, which is the same one I use (400D in Europe).

I can't read a word he says lol. Is that still English?

It's a dialect within the English language called "Chav". I'd translate it for you but it makes my brain hurt after a couple of sentences.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1712 on: September 11, 2008, 05:32:08 AM »

Ah, those pictures are amazing. I thought about buying the 400D at some point but didn't want to spend the money at that time. There's already a 450D out, too,things evolve so fast  Undecided

It's good to know that you can take such impressive pictures with an entry-level dSLR. Smiley
Do you also know if he uses special lenses or the one that comes bundled with the camera?

It's a dialect within the English language called "Chav". I'd translate it for you but it makes my brain hurt after a couple of sentences.
Then don't Wink
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1713 on: September 11, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »

Ah, those pictures are amazing. I thought about buying the 400D at some point but didn't want to spend the money at that time. There's already a 450D out, too,things evolve so fast  Undecided

It's good to know that you can take such impressive pictures with an entry-level dSLR. Smiley
Do you also know if he uses special lenses or the one that comes bundled with the camera?

Then don't Wink

The lens that comes bundled with the camera is nothing special.  It's not a bad lens, but it's a very wide lens, not too much zoom.  (Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.)  I have since supplemented the kit lens with a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM and a  Canon EF 75-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM. 

As far as dSLRs go, the body itself isn't as important as the lens attached to it.  Getting a good lens even with an older dSLR is going to produce excellent pictures. 

That being said... While the camera is important in taking good pictures, it really is not everything.  I took plenty of great pictures with my point-and-shoot Fuji before it broke. 

Examples of the old Fuji:
[img width=700 height=525]http://www.hydrobond.net/gallery/pictures/6/002.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://www.hydrobond.net/gallery/pictures/6/003.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://www.hydrobond.net/gallery/pictures/6/004.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://www.hydrobond.net/gallery/pictures/7/003.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://www.hydrobond.net/gallery/pictures/7/004.jpg[/img]

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1714 on: September 11, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »

Photos are a lovely thing. Also, so are shrubberies.

Hello World.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1715 on: September 11, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »

Gotta love them shrubberies.  Smiley

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1716 on: September 11, 2008, 06:46:24 PM »

I had to mow (Hmmmm, is this the right verb?) the shrubberies at my grandparents today. Or wait, it's probably the "hedge" that I mowed. Oh well Smiley

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1717 on: September 11, 2008, 06:49:41 PM »

I had to mow (Hmmmm, is this the right verb?) the shrubberies at my grandparents today. Or wait, it's probably the "hedge" that I mowed. Oh well Smiley

More like 'cut', or 'trim', but not mow. You mow the lawn, trim the shrubs/hedges.

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1718 on: September 11, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

More like 'cut', or 'trim', but not mow. You mow the lawn, trim the shrubs/hedges.
Thanks. I've always found those some hard objects to translate in English, shrubberies and hedges.
But to be correct now: I've trimmed the hedge but had to trim so shrubberies aswell to be able to reach the hedge properly Wink
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1719 on: September 11, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »

Photos are a lovely thing. Also, so are shrubberies.

Yes and my name is Roger the Shrubber, not Roger the Photographer!!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #1720 on: September 11, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »

well wish me luck guys, tommorow my ex-wife and i got to go to court, i'm trying to get some child support from her, i'm paying over $125 week and i have my daughter 90% of the time. so hopefully everything works out.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1721 on: September 11, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »

well wish me luck guys, tommorow my ex-wife and i got to go to court, i'm trying to get some child support from her, i'm paying over $125 week and i have my daughter 90% of the time. so hopefully everything works out.
Good luck tommorow! Smiley
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1722 on: September 11, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »

If anyone is interested, I found some live video feeds of the Large Hadron Collider.  (Yeah, I'm a geek, but I figure this is a fairly geeky place, so someone should be interested in it.)
http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1723 on: September 12, 2008, 02:36:55 AM »

If anyone is interested, I found some live video feeds of the Large Hadron Collider.  (Yeah, I'm a geek, but I figure this is a fairly geeky place, so someone should be interested in it.)

Before you know it: HEADCRABS EVERYWHERE!

In other news, fully moved into the new house today. Finally managed to get connected to the wireless network for the router that the last people left for us, almost had a night unconnected :O

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1724 on: September 12, 2008, 06:09:06 AM »

Lol, awesome Cheesy

In other news, fully moved into the new house today. Finally managed to get connected to the wireless network for the router that the last people left for us, almost had a night unconnected :O
Dear lord, think of the drama that would've happened if you weren't able to get that connection going Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length