RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:19:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 808048 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1080 on: July 15, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »

Today sucked, I picked up a dresser in the trash because it looked like it was 75% solid wood which I can use to make stuff, turns out it's only 5% usable solid wood.
Then after that, as I;m getting on the free way, I hear a "thumo thump" then a "SSHHHHH" and then "clang". So I change my fucking tire on the side of the freeway, luckily I made it onto an exit ramp so it wasn't too bad, and I had my work vest in the truck that I wore while I did it so I didn't get run over. It was over $100 for a new tire (I bought 4 of the same tire about 15 months ago for under $300). Plus it took damn near 2 hours for them to change it. Took me 15 minutes to put the spare on Huh

And now that I'm home, the power keeps going off and on.

I'm going to sleep now, this day needs to be over.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1081 on: July 16, 2008, 04:11:43 AM »

Goin to North Carolina for a week, laterz

When shall his new form be revealed?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1082 on: July 16, 2008, 09:17:59 AM »

I just saw a B-1 fly over my house at a rather low level! Shocked I went back inside and heard another loud jet fly over but I couldn't see it from the window. They will either be from the nearby Farnborough airshow this week, or from the cancelled Fairford airshow the weekend just gone.

Edit: Oh crap! It's back and circling my house!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:20:20 AM by James » Logged
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1083 on: July 16, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »

I hear Obama is now a Muslim with a terrorist wife... according to an American magazine.

It's the New Yorker.

Following the lead of the Obama campaign ("tasteless and offensive"), much of commentariat has taken umbrage with the image for reinforcing the false Internet rumors (he's a Muslim! she's Angela Davis! they hate America!) that have dogged the Obamas for years--even though, as New Yorker editor David Remnick pointed out yesterday, "the cover takes a lot of distortions, lies, and misconceptions about the Obamas and puts a mirror up to them to show them for what they are." (In other words, it's satire.)

Slowly building an ammo fort.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1084 on: July 17, 2008, 12:19:20 AM »

We just hit 1800 members on the site. Cool!  Cool

Tell me about your variants...
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1085 on: July 17, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »

Post 2222!  slick

Not that I keep an eye on my post count or anything.  ninja
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1086 on: July 17, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »

Post 2222!  slick

Not that I keep an eye on my post count or anything.  ninja

Did you take a screen shot? So you can remember all the good times!  laugh

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1087 on: July 17, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »

so they have the annual district rummage sale at my school.  This happens every year, its the only place where you can buy REAL memorabilia from your youth.  Like remember playground moniters?  They'd yell at kids in those megaphones, and force them to stand on the wall when they were bad, and supposedly forced some kid to eat a cigarrette once when he was bad??? And they'd go up to you and shoved the megaphone in your face and scream??? Well, there selling them their.  There $2, and im getting one tommorow.  They also have desks with the words "fuck you" written on them, old lunchtables, and lights from the gym.  And boxes of text books. And computers that are $.50, I have like 9 of them from last year in my basement.

man oh man, I can't wait for it to start.  It starts tomorrow, but I got to "preview" it today after summer school.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1088 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »

And they'd go up to you and shoved the megaphone in your face and scream??? Well, there selling them their.  There $2, and im getting one tommorow. 

Buy ten, then line them up one behind the other. You can say "Testing" into them then smash all the windows in the town.

I got a phone call from Audi this evening. They've invited me to a job interview next week. Cheesy I'm pretty chuffed with that. It's not a guaranteed job but it's a step in the right direction. I've been getting lazy in my job search and not getting far so this is a bit uplifting. Cheesy Cheesy
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1089 on: July 17, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »

Just ordered my 12:03 am tickets for The Dark Knight! Smiley

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1090 on: July 17, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »

Just ordered my 12:03 am tickets for The Dark Knight! Smiley

Lucky duck!!!  Grin

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1091 on: July 17, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »

I might be getting a new job cleaning (I already do that where I work), and I'd make like $9.75, which is amazing.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1092 on: July 18, 2008, 07:22:33 PM »

I went to the school rummage sale today.  I got a ton of cool stuff.

8 history textbooks
a book about the history of sesame street.
megaphone
laserdisc player
an old general electric TV with dials (to play atari and NES on)
2 VHS camcorders
2 bean bag chairs
a bublar (water fountain from those not from wisconsin)
a box full of christmas lights
a denim jacket
a turntable and a few speakers
a windows ME server

I asked the guy how much and he said $100.  I said $20 and it was a deal.  I gave the turntable and server to a friend (my friend now has 6 servers and 9 pc's in his basement, along with cabinets full of extra hardware).  Also,  my friends girlfriend saw the movies dazed and confused and rocky horror picture show and bought them.  I wanted to get them, and I find it hilarious that they were selling these at a school rummage sale and have no idea where they came from.  We had to make a few car trips back and forth because they bought a ton of stuff too.

Afterwards, we went to mcdonalds, then goodwill.  I didn't see anything good at goodwill, but my friends girlfriend (again) saw an NES FOR $7!!!! and bought it.  I asked her why she saw all the cool stuff and she went on a rant that went to her talk about how she hates America for no reason.  I got a black denim jacket for $6.  Someday im going to where it to school with my black jeans and van halen shirt.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:24:21 PM by ganonbanned » Logged
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1093 on: July 20, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »

My idiot friend strikes again.  Roll Eyes

He says he bought Dragon Ball Z 2 and Worms for the DS then shredded the receipt and only then realised they were shitty games, so he can't take them back. How many people shred recent receipts, and what in the world possesed him to think they would be good games.

I think he got them in a bargain BOGOF offer of £29.99 each.  hmm
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1094 on: July 20, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »

I got my High School schedule a couple of days ago:

Theology I
History I
German I
Advanced Honors Algebra I  Cheesy
English Honors I
Freshman Advanced Biology I  Tongue
Concert Band I

Because of band, I get out at 11th hour, while the rest of the school gets out after 10th.  Cry Fun stuff, eh?  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length