RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:42:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 800109 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1050 on: July 14, 2008, 09:30:23 AM »

So... Let me get this straight... In the UK, the post office actually cares for your packages if you are not home when they are delivered? That is awesome! Here in the good old USofA, they just throw the package between the door and get on with their job. Yet another reason why America need reform.  nod

They don't really take care of packages. We haven't signed for a "Recorded Signed For" delivery from the Royal Mail for years. They usually stuff it through the post box (By the way, we have holes in our front doors instead of boxes at the end of the drive) or if it's too big for the slot, they knock and leave it on the doorstep.

We used to have packages left at the side door, behind some bushes and the bin but they keep changing the postmen on our route. I liked it that way because it meant I didn't have to drive into town to collect it. But then we had one package which sat out in the rain for nearly a week because we didn't know it was there.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1051 on: July 14, 2008, 09:56:51 AM »

So... Let me get this straight... In the UK, the post office actually cares for your packages if you are not home when they are delivered? That is awesome! Here in the good old USofA, they just throw the package between the door and get on with their job. Yet another reason why America need reform.  nod

They don't really take care of packages. We haven't signed for a "Recorded Signed For" delivery from the Royal Mail for years. They usually stuff it through the post box (By the way, we have holes in our front doors instead of boxes at the end of the drive) or if it's too big for the slot, they knock and leave it on the doorstep.

We used to have packages left at the side door, behind some bushes and the bin but they keep changing the postmen on our route. I liked it that way because it meant I didn't have to drive into town to collect it. But then we had one package which sat out in the rain for nearly a week because we didn't know it was there.

We have holes in our doors too. Also, in the case of my house, there is a slot next to the door in which mail is inserted. It goes directly inside, and sits there until we decide to get our lazy American arses up and go get the mail.

EDIT: Oh yeah, many American homes don't have driveways anymore, especially in suburbia (AKA where I live). Some do, but many don't.

Tell me about your variants...
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1052 on: July 14, 2008, 10:20:33 AM »

We have holes in our doors too. Also, in the case of my house, there is a slot next to the door in which mail is inserted. It goes directly inside, and sits there until we decide to get our lazy American arses up and go get the mail.

EDIT: Oh yeah, many American homes don't have driveways anymore, especially in suburbia (AKA where I live). Some do, but many don't.

Many homes in suburbia? Here, it's the opposite. The housing in the city is packed together and driveway's are sparse. In the 'burbs, it seems like 98% of places have them.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1053 on: July 14, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »

Most the folks in my area have driveways, but half of them don't use the damn things.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1054 on: July 14, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »

I rarely see a house around here that doesn't have a driveway. It's semi-common for city lots to have a shared driveway between two neighbors though.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1055 on: July 14, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »

You could always request a signature on delivery, at which point they won't deliver it unless someone is home at the time of delivery.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1056 on: July 14, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »

You could always request a signature on delivery, at which point they won't deliver it unless someone is home at the time of delivery.

This.

And stop hating America, just fix it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1057 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »

Don't forget to reform marijuana laws when your at it.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1058 on: July 14, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »

Well, today I decided that there is hope for humanity yet.

I was riding my bike and I saw all the people in this world; big, small, old, young, and everyone in between. People were constantly showing at least some kind of compassion. America is a great country, we just have to elect officials who are not biased, or corrupt, or any form of assholeism. One day, maybe soon, our country will actually be run like it was supposed to be, like the way the signers of the DoI wanted. Maybe one day................. hmm

MEGA *sigh*

life surely does take logic - logical123

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1059 on: July 14, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »

I was riding my bike and I saw all the people in this world; big, small, old, young, and everyone in between. People were constantly showing at least some kind of compassion. America is a great country, we just have to elect officials who are not biased, or corrupt, or any form of assholeism. One day, maybe soon, our country will actually be run like it was supposed to be, like the way the signers of the DoI wanted. Maybe one day................. hmm

MEGA *sigh*

I agree with this.  It's to bad we have News corporations that control society.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1060 on: July 14, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »

MEGA *sigh*

I agree with this.  It's too bad we have News corporations that control society.

Fixed it for you.  Grin

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1061 on: July 14, 2008, 09:57:02 PM »

really?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1062 on: July 14, 2008, 09:58:47 PM »

Double Really!  Grin

I'm just joking, you know.  Tongue

In other news...

ZIGYBOUGYDOOUG!!!

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1063 on: July 15, 2008, 01:53:48 AM »

I hear Obama is now a Muslim with a terrorist wife... according to an American magazine.

Also - I got my parcel this morning. Grin
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1064 on: July 15, 2008, 02:11:30 AM »

This just in:

Obama is SATAN!

Also, Brocolli

* broc.jpg (16.62 KB, 200x266 - viewed 223 times.)

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length